Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 93148 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
They are just making it up (that's what THEY do)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »
A proud day for PC Jackboots.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »
this guy got the boot because of his complete inability to handle the situation that was unfolding in front of him.  kind of like how the only doctors that get sued are the ones who show no empathy and talk down to the patients who they've caused medical problems for.

my hunch is that he thought he was too powerful to be taken down by mere "students" and acted like he was above them. good for the students. life is far to short to deal with incompetent assholes like that guy. if he was just one or the other, he'd probably still be fine and employed. but both? nope. goodbye.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
Not that I have a lot of sympathy for the president, btw. Brought down by the same PC outrage that colleges have been incubating for years. More will fall.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2015, 11:19:57 AM »
This is a victory for all people who just want to live their lives without having to look at a crap swastika on the wall.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »
this guy got the boot because of his complete inability to handle the situation that was unfolding in front of him.  kind of like how the only doctors that get sued are the ones who show no empathy and talk down to the patients who they've caused medical problems for.

my hunch is that he thought he was too powerful to be taken down by mere "students" and acted like he was above them. good for the students. life is far to short to deal with incompetent assholes like that guy. if he was just one or the other, he'd probably still be fine and employed, but both? nope. goodbye.

Ok, specifically, what should he have done to "handle the situation"? I really want to know. Should he have sent out an e-mail about "white privilege" as the BLM nut-jobs were demanding?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »
This is a victory for all people who just want to live their lives without having to look at a crap swastika on the wall.

PC run amok
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »

Right - because I'm sure the president did that, or failed in some way to prevent that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
KSUW-  you never answered my question on whether you believe collective action is ineffective and forcing change.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »
BTW this is the president addressing students on Friday night.

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/663186744876007426

I mean, based on this 30 second video posted without context, I wouldn't be surprised if he mishandled several incidents leading up to the poop swastika.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2015, 11:25:31 AM »

my hunch is that he thought he was too powerful to be taken down by mere "students" and acted like he was above them. good for the students. life is far to short to deal with incompetent assholes like that guy. if he was just one or the other, he'd probably still be fine and employed, but both? nope. goodbye.

Ok, specifically, what should he have done to "handle the situation"? I really want to know. Should he have sent out an e-mail about "white privilege" as the BLM nut-jobs were demanding?

Well, in hindsight, maybe not allowing the driver of a car in a parade to menace and bump protesters without saying anything during or for a month after the protest?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »

Right - because I'm sure the president did that, or failed in some way to prevent that.

[I don't read the pit very often, so somebody else insert posts from other threads where the residents are mad at obama for something going on in america]

And obviously, the mizzou pres wasn't under fire for there being a swastishit, but for his indifferent attitude towards what black students at his biggest school were dealing with for months (years?).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
That's no "Mr. Dow gotta go."   :eye:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »

my hunch is that he thought he was too powerful to be taken down by mere "students" and acted like he was above them. good for the students. life is far to short to deal with incompetent assholes like that guy. if he was just one or the other, he'd probably still be fine and employed. but both? nope. goodbye.

great post as always. Good for the students for driving change. They should be proud.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2015, 11:50:34 AM »

[I don't read the pit very often, so somebody else insert posts from other threads where the residents are mad at obama for something going on in america]

And obviously, the mizzou pres wasn't under fire for there being a swastishit, but for his indifferent attitude towards what black students at his biggest school were dealing with for months (years?).

Your boy dax and ksuw have been told this several times but they don't care. Putting PC libtards who have run amok in their place is much more important than dealing with issues that people would like addressed, because the majority is always infallible.

Enjoy scheme pak, hopefully you guys don't run into any negroes that could make things uncomfortable with their feelings and crap.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »
Fired for incompetence or police state-y? Like for incompetent, favorite for police state-y
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »
huh?

https://twitter.com/ellisenichol/status/663758264539090944
Weird. Mizzou is known for journalism and now they don't want it?

Missouri students have done an amazing job of not media grandstanding with this issue. My greatest frustration with the reaction to this is people questioning their motives as attention seeking or "just about a poop swastika." They didn't ask the media to show up and they haven't been talking to them since this became a story last week. This active protest has been going on for weeks without fanfare. The football players joining in made this story explode and with that came many hot takes from people who has no early clue as to what the hell they are talking about.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
Hey guys, can racism exist and people also have other really tough problems and trials about their lives  :Wha:

Nope not possible, racism is a zero sum game. All minorities have to be in constant fear of being enslaved or lynched for racism to exist.

:horrorsurprise:  I read that and at first was like is mir actually serious?  Then I was like nah pay more attention lopak
@lopakman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2015, 12:07:11 PM »
huh?

https://twitter.com/ellisenichol/status/663758264539090944
Weird. Mizzou is known for journalism and now they don't want it?

Missouri students have done an amazing job of not media grandstanding with this issue. My greatest frustration with the reaction to this is people questioning their motives as attention seeking or "just about a poop swastika." They didn't ask the media to show up and they haven't been talking to them since this became a story last week. This active protest has been going on for weeks without fanfare. The football players joining in made this story explode and with that came many hot takes from people who has no early clue as to what the hell they are talking about.
Good to know

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
It's still odd they don't want the media there. Regardless of how and when the media decided the story was worth pursuing, history has proven the media is often protesters' best friend.

I saw the demand sheet and I definitely get the demands for more black faculty and more money/effort to help marginalized students. I also respect the outrage at racial slurs and actions. While I can see how there can be steps taken to address the former, what can you really do to address the latter?

People have a right to be racist assholes. Unpopular, even hateful, opinions and words aren't illegal.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »
but I disagree with his strategy. He is certainly bringing a lot of attention on himself, but perhaps to the detriment of his cause.

Nope

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
It's still odd they don't want the media there. Regardless of how and when the media decided the story was worth pursuing, history has proven the media is often protesters' best friend.

I saw the demand sheet and I definitely get the demands for more black faculty and more money/effort to help marginalized students. I also respect the outrage at racial slurs and actions. While I can see how there can be steps taken to address the former, what can you really do to address the latter?

People have a right to be racist assholes. Unpopular, even hateful, opinions and words aren't illegal.

Media for the most part brings in the need to provide 24 hour news in soundbite form and this issue is a lot more nuanced than that. The mass media for the most part has no interest in what the issues there actually are. I'm sure there are nothing there but people asking about poop swastika's, football, and "the n word."

You read the article that listed the demands yet somehow think that this is a first amendment issue? How is that even possible, that list addressed systemic issues?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
MIR is right about everything ITT.

I do wonder if the poop swastika was merely the product of a troll looking to get a reaction of disgust and outrage from a few people in his wing on his floor of his residence hall. If so, that troll must be giddy about the national reaction and the local consequences. Not to say the activists got trolled -- their outrage was well earned, even without the shitstika, which was at best merely the straw that broke the camel's back.