Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 137074 times)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #625 on: September 20, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
I don't know if a bunch of celebrities wearing T-shirts and hats would make a point to anybody, and I'm not sure how you'd get it in front of the right people even if it did mean something, but I just remember looking at that and feeling good about how the Jayhawk and KU were clearly a well-known brand nationally. It's not just a random school in the middle of nowhere that nobody cares about.
I mean they're all just so dumb.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
Jester; a ksu fan seems to think the whole state outside of JoCo and Larry-town is a KSU football state. Thats both laughable and delusional. My guess is he's never been to KCK, Leavenworth, Bonnersprings, Emporia, Burlignton, El Dorado, Winfield etc. or pretty much anywhere from Topeka heading east to the state line from the north-to-the-south. Hell; there are no KSU fans in places like Pittsburgh,KS. And Wichita may not be a pro-KU town but its not a ksu town either. So they can't even claim Wichita over KU.

The only market that matters in the state is dominated by KU. And we all know what market that is.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:28 AM »
Jester; a ksu fan seems to think the whole state outside of JoCo and Larry-town is a KSU football state. Thats both laughable and delusional. My guess is he's never been to KCK, Leavenworth, Bonnersprings, Emporia, Burlignton, El Dorado, Winfield etc. or pretty much anywhere from Topeka heading east to the state line from the north-to-the-south. Hell; there are no KSU fans in places like Pittsburgh,KS. And Wichita may not be a pro-KU town but its not a ksu town either. So they can't even claim Wichita over KU.

The only market that matters in the state is dominated by KU. And we all know what market that is.

Bonner Springs matters...as a market!    :lol:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
Burlington rulez!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
I like how none of them realize that all of those KU fans in Kansas City watch K-State games, too.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #630 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
I like how none of them realize that all of those KU fans in Kansas City watch K-State games, too.

Well, the ones that actually "watch" football, yes.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 22, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
I like how ku fans just assume Kansas City is a ku town...of course, they don't cross the state line to Missouri to see that the Missouri side are largely Moo fans.  They don't seem to notice that powercat logos are as visible as jayhawk junk throughout the metro area.  ku does have a presence in the rest of the state, but not nearly as much as K-State.  But they all agree with each other that KC is a ku town, and the rest of the state is pretty much evenly divided.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 22, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »
I like how ku fans just assume Kansas City is a ku town...of course, they don't cross the state line to Missouri to see that the Missouri side are largely Moo fans.  They don't seem to notice that powercat logos are as visible as jayhawk junk throughout the metro area.  ku does have a presence in the rest of the state, but not nearly as much as K-State.  But they all agree with each other that KC is a ku town, and the rest of the state is pretty much evenly divided.

Born and raised in KC, and you're insane if you say it's represented equally.  Walk into a Kansas Sampler, kU and mizzou will have 2x the selection that we do.  It's repulsive.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »
To be fair ku does own the Olathe, Gardner, Burlington, Winfield markets.

But KSU owns the Mission Hills, Prairie Village, Leawood and Fairway markets  :kstategrad:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 23, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »
Quote from: kansascitysportsfan
The thing that has bugged me the most about this realignment talk is how KU has been undervalued and thrown to the side with deadweights like ISU, KSU, and Baylor. And its all because we have a football program that is not good at the moment. A few years ago would the perception be different?? Possibly, but despite our rebuilding fb program we still bring a lot to the table. Check Big 12 athletic revenue, Academics ( the fact that we are about to add a cancer research center that should bump our academic standings up dramatically)  , Endownment, the ablilty to deliver a top 30 tv market, and the forever forgotten huge national following KU basketball brings to the table for TV networks.

It blows my mind how we are thrown under the bus as one of the misfits that bring nothing to the table.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kcsf's immense delusion offers gem after gem after gem after gem.

We NEED to get hum to post over here. BEEMER??

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:57 AM »
MU to the SEC is destroying their mind.  They are melting down hard.  The guy who sells bags of Famous Amos cookies at the bottom of the I-35 off ramp is a ku alum and he is besides himself that SEC has never even heard of Lawrence, KS.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
tangent

Hey I know this isn't about KU but figured the local people that haven't heard yet would like to know that the Ichabods are on TV Thursday night on CBS College Sports.. Hosting Missouri Western... This game usually is a fun one to watch...  The last 10 games have been decided by an average of 8.5 pts or less and the last 2 games 3 pts or less.. So Support the Ichabods and tune in!!!

As always Rock Chalk, even though I am an Ichabod alum!

Quote from: BostonJayhawk
Mo West is my alma mater. Pretty cool that these teams will get on national tv.

Quote from: BonnerHawk
Total agreeage. I'm a Washburn grad. Good school. It's not their fault that I got my BS in something I totally lost flavor for.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:19:44 AM by ednksu »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:42 AM »
On MU to SEC:
"What would be really great is if the Big 12 expands back to 12 after MU leaves. Then we would likely be the TOP team in the north and become relevant in football. "

BECOME RELEVANT!

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 23, 2011, 09:27:07 AM »

Looks like Missouri Western State University has a national following.  Reaches all the way to the east coast.  Why weren't they involved in Confy Armageddon?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »

Looks like Missouri Western State University has a national following.  Reaches all the way to the east coast.  Why weren't they involved in Confy Armageddon?

Pfft.  Have you ever seen a celebrity wearing a MWSU shirt?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »

Ever heard of a guy named PAUL rough ridin' RHODES?
rough ridin' is not his middle name.  But it should be.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 23, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »

Ever heard of a guy named PAUL rough ridin' RHODES?
rough ridin' is not his middle name.  But it should be.

Paul Rhodes (born 1956[1][2]) is a Canadian political strategist. He was communications director for the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party during the 1995, 1999 and 2003 elections, and communications director for Ontario Premier Mike Harris from 1995 to 1997. Rhodes was an architect of the Common Sense Revolution, the policy platform which ushered the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party into government in 1995.

Before entering politics, Rhodes was a reporter for CTV's affiliate in Kitchener, CKCO.[1]
:dunno:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
tangent

Hey I know this isn't about KU but figured the local people that haven't heard yet would like to know that the Ichabods are on TV Thursday night on CBS College Sports.. Hosting Missouri Western... This game usually is a fun one to watch...  The last 10 games have been decided by an average of 8.5 pts or less and the last 2 games 3 pts or less.. So Support the Ichabods and tune in!!!

As always Rock Chalk, even though I am an Ichabod alum!

I don't think this guy knows how averages work... must be that Ichabod education...

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 24, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
but what we need is for MU to go to the SEC.  At that point, you've eliminated the only other FBS school we truly compete with for the KC market.  You get Missouri out of the way, that leaves KU with the entire market,

Offline Chico

• I used to be big here.
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
K-State now has more JoCo enrollees than ku does.  They can't even claim that market.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 24, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »
K-State now has more JoCo enrollees than ku does.  They can't even claim that market.

Sorry, do not believe.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #646 on: September 24, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »

Sorry, do not believe.
I can believe it.  If the stat had been KSU now has more JCCC enrollees that are fans that wouldn't been believable.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 24, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
As someone who was born and raised in JoCo i don't believe this.

Offline Chico

• I used to be big here.
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 24, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Let's just say it would be an interesting topic to inquire about when the current numbers get released.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »
This is from the thread where the Michigan fan asked if they could lose KSU and go to the Big 10.

Does it ever occur to you in that little head of yours that there is a reason that KU was at least mentioned in the rumors, and speculations?  The fact that KU was tied with UT to the ACC, or to OU/OSU to the PAC.  Or even with MU to the big 10.  There is a reason for that.  No one wants KSU.  No matter how relevant you think you are in realignment, KU is viewed at least as the flagship university and is at least thought of for consideration when adding members.

The only time KSU is thought of is when the question is asked if KU would be forced to drag along KSU with it.

And this is part of the problem.  If KSU had not tagged along and had been in the MVC where they belong all this time, a much larger % of sports fans in Kansas would be pro KU right now.  Even many KSU fans would also follow and route for KU similar to how we have WSU/KU fans.  KU would be viewed as having basically 100% market share of Kansas the way Neb and MU have 100% of their states.  People say KU would be in a much better spot if the state had not chosen to form 2 schools, but the real mistake was made when we let them tag along into the old big 6 and then the conference never decided to give them the boot later.  If the big 12 does indeed fall apart, and we get an invite to the big 10, it will be an great opportunity to correct this mistake.

And my personal favorite from the thread:

My lord KSU fans are in denial. KU is the flagship school. Get over it. And thanks for the kind words Michigan fan