Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 216157 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Lawrence is a place where no one who lives there actually works there. A huge population drive to Topeka (medical workers and State employees) and to KC. 

There are many families where both spouses have to drive quite a distance to work. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Lawrence is a place where no one who lives there actually works there. A huge population drive to Topeka (medical workers and State employees) and to KC. 

There are many families where both spouses have to drive quite a distance to work.

Just like Bangladesh

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Just like Bangladesh

great post.  :lol:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lawrence is a white flight suburb, then when people get there they realize they've moved to Johnson County Jr. without the same roadway system and public works.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yep. then gas went up and people were like wtf am i doing and they all moved away and lawrence just stagnated. nobody in their right mind would buy there now unless they know for an absolute fact that they'll be there for twenty. way cheaper to just rent a vacant house out west of wakarusa.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Lawrence is a white flight suburb, then when people get there they realize they've moved to Johnson County Jr. without the same roadway system and public works.

Lawrence is nothing like JoCo, assclown. Not even a JV version.

More like Rolla, MO or West Memphis, AR.

It doesn't even have an economy so this isn't surprising.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I always was on #teamLOLatLawrence but lately I have just felt bad for them. Poor poors :(

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
We gotta cut them lose, they are dragging Titletown down.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Lawrence is nothing like JoCo, assclown. Not even a JV version.

More like Rolla, MO or West Memphis, AR.

It doesn't even have an economy so this isn't surprising.

Ass Clown?  1.  I don't particularly like JoCo even though I grew up there.  2.  The two things I really like about JoCo, that being the excellent roadways and public works systems Lawrence doesn't have.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
I'm gonna do a celebration dance the day that FSD bites the dust.  What a complete piece of crap human being.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sorry if I might seem harsh or cold-hearted, but that's just the way I am, so deal with it.  The world would be a better place with one less racist bad person. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As for Lawrence, bash it all you want.  It's a great place to go to school.  The economy does suck if you're looking for a post-graduate job, but it's a fun college town with some character, and it has a really cool vibe.  An economic study isn't going to look favorably on a place like Lawrence, though, because there's no military base to give it long-term stability and the medical center is in KC.  The economy centers around KU and Mass Street, basically.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Guys, I can confirm that the Lawrence market is waxed. When they approached me to broadcast KU Softball and sell the rights to sponsors around the area, no one wanted to step up and chip in a $100 a month in radio advertising. I don't know if you know radio advertising, but that's rough ridin' CHEAP! They're extremely poor and against backing anything in town other than KU Basketball.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, I can confirm that the Lawrence market is waxed. When they approached me to broadcast KU Softball and sell the rights to sponsors around the area, no one wanted to step up and chip in a $100 a month in radio advertising. I don't know if you know radio advertising, but that's rough ridin' CHEAP! They're extremely poor and against backing anything in town other than KU Basketball.

Yeah, because if there's anything a company wants to waste its money on, its radio advertising. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, because if there's anything a company wants to waste its money on, its radio advertising.
Bro! Garden City Community College backed their sports sponsorship better than my KU experience. It's really sad. It's not "advertising" your business, it's keeping the community aware that you support ALL KU athletics with a banner add throughout the broadcast. Stop being butthurt, you know that's cheap, gmafb.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's weird because wackycat and oregonsmock clearly don't get along, yet you know in real life, they are practically the same guy, slaying 10's of fillies.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Btw, this might be part of their problem over there in Lawrence, Beems. Classic case of retardism: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=11509841

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
As for Lawrence, bash it all you want.  It's a great place to go to school.  The economy does suck if you're looking for a post-graduate job, but it's a fun college town with some character, and it has a really cool vibe.  An economic study isn't going to look favorably on a place like Lawrence, though, because there's no military base to give it long-term stability and the medical center is in KC.  The economy centers around KU and Mass Street, basically.

It sucks it is in such drastic economic shape.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
I can't believe some of you guys are being so mean. It's the one place in the state that isn't a whacked out conservative money making machine of a town, and you make fun of them. They need some guidance and common sense ideas to get them out of this. It could be a test bed for cities like Detroit.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
It could be a test bed for cities like Detroit.

really, demolishing 40% of the sprawling slums and returning it to farmland sounds like the best thing.