Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99674 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
It's cute how the libtards immediate retort to every fact raised that completely undermines their unfounded point of view is "strawman". Never once has that term been correctly used by the libtarded.

What's amazing and unfathomable is the libtard position that the ISIS of today, a full fledged and we'll funded army conquering vast territory and perpetrating wide scale genocide, existed in its same form some 7+ years ago.

We come to Fantasy Land, population partisan drone libtards
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2015, 11:22:44 AM »
What's amazing and unfathomable is the libtard position that the ISIS of today, a full fledged and we'll funded army conquering vast territory and perpetrating wide scale genocide, existed in its same form some 7+ years ago.

no one ever said that

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »

no one ever said that

Yes you did. You're trying to conflate recent terrorism, and the west's effect upon the degree to which it is occurring, with the motivation for the existence of the terrorism altogether. As repeatedly demonstrated above, that's a bullshit disingenuous position. But yet, here we are.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »

no one ever said that

Yes you did. You're trying to conflate recent terrorism, and the west's effect upon the degree to which it is occurring, with the motivation for the existence of the terrorism altogether. As repeatedly demonstrated above, that's a bullshit disingenuous position. But yet, here we are.

huh?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »
I view radical Islam as more of a pawn used by larger players. The ultimate motivations aren't really religious.

Bingo

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
I view radical Islam as more of a pawn used by larger players. The ultimate motivations aren't really religious.

Bingo

So, who are these larger players? Obama? Saudis? Soros? Koch bros? Bilderbergs?  :bwpopcorn:

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
It's not really a strawman.   Syria is almost entirely the child of the current administration, ISIS/ISIL has taken advantage of the fact that Syria has vast expanses not controlled by the Syrian government and that is wholly and exclusively to blame on the current administration and its proxies.   

The stawman is Saddam and Iraq . . . well not really if you subscribe to the reality that this administration has been more effective than the so called Neo-Cons.   Albeit, I must say that this administration has some of the wildest swings in foreign policy I've ever seen, you don't know who these guys are going to support or not support.  Totally nuts.

Bush and company failed to vette Maliki who ended up being a murderer of Sunnis. Obama ignored Malaki and wanted to be done with Iraq as soon as possible. 

The invasion of Iraq tore apart the thin glue that kept Sunnis and Shiites living and working next to each other.  Now they are in a power struggle for oil and control. 

The birth of ISIS is a failure on both administrations to commit a full effort in stabilizing Iraq.  To deny is just partisan revisionist wishes

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
It's not really a strawman.   Syria is almost entirely the child of the current administration, ISIS/ISIL has taken advantage of the fact that Syria has vast expanses not controlled by the Syrian government and that is wholly and exclusively to blame on the current administration and its proxies.   

The stawman is Saddam and Iraq . . . well not really if you subscribe to the reality that this administration has been more effective than the so called Neo-Cons.   Albeit, I must say that this administration has some of the wildest swings in foreign policy I've ever seen, you don't know who these guys are going to support or not support.  Totally nuts.

Bush and company failed to vette Maliki who ended up being a murderer of Sunnis. Obama ignored Malaki and wanted to be done with Iraq as soon as possible. 

The invasion of Iraq tore apart the thin glue that kept Sunnis and Shiites living and working next to each other.  Now they are in a power struggle for oil and control. 

The birth of ISIS is a failure on both administrations to commit a full effort in stabilizing Iraq.  To deny is just partisan revisionist wishes

Yeah, I remember the giggles and gasps from left when McCain and Romney both said we may need to keep a large force in Iraq for an undetermined amount of time. But a campaign promise is a campaign promise and we pulled them all and libs rejoiced.  To deny is just partisan revisionist wishes.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »

Bingo

So, who are these larger players? Obama? Saudis? Soros? Koch bros? Bilderbergs?  :bwpopcorn:

USA, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »

Yeah, I remember the giggles and gasps from left when McCain and Romney both said we may need to keep a large force in Iraq for an undetermined amount of time. But a campaign promise is a campaign promise and we pulled them all and libs rejoiced.  To deny is just partisan revisionist wishes.

there was never a large enough force in Iraq to do whatever the end game of McCain and Romney was

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

there was never a large enough force in Iraq to do whatever the end game of McCain and Romney was

how do you know? ISIS started out as the "JV" team of a few thousand and has ballooned into 20,000+ army. Probably could have been crushed early on.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »

how do you know? ISIS started out as the "JV" team of a few thousand and has ballooned into 20,000+ army. Probably could have been crushed early on.
The fact that a JV team of a few thousand requires an 8+ year US military occupation seems to be a pretty good sign that the number of troops isn't sufficient for whatever plan was in place

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »
Childish quip belied by the fact ISIS didn't invade Iraq until after random arbitrary troop withdrawal date.

Lots if libtard flailing on display today. :bwpopcorn:

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »
cRusty, everyone knows that long term U.S. policy has lead to the formula that has created ISIS, but anyone with a brain (thus, it would exclude many around here) knows that it's been the Obama administrations policy in Syria (with cheerleading from idiots like McCain) that has made ISIS what is now.

To think, this dumba$$ administration is still contemplating training "moderate" coalitions of Syrian rebels . . . again.

Oh and you can thank the idiotic Libyan foray for helping ISIS as well.

I mostly agree with you.  However, I have to not that when the uprising began in Syria, large portions were rather moderate (they have a strong group of the young that are tired of extremism and crazy).  We did nothing to support them.  That has led to the extremists to gain a stronger and stronger position until we have the ISIS/ISIL situation now.  When left to their own devices, and facing crisis, people will go with the perceived winner.

The U.S. only gave platitudes to the moderate rebels, promised "Aid" in some nebulous form, and did nothing.  Over time, ISIS gained a foothold, did things, and though nutty by our standards, has shown effectiveness.  They have been able to get things done.  In the process, they have accumulated wealth, and financing on a rather grand scale.  In fact, they are now beginning a level of a welfare state for those whose sons/husbands fight - providing for their needs.  This is huge and is hard to overcome.

There are true moderates out there, and they are willing to fight.  But we refused to arm them and left them out to dry.  Few survive.  I don't know if arming then will work now - it could have early on in the process.

My next and larger concern are the Kurds in Iraq.  We have mostly played the same game with them.  Apparently, they may be some secret weapons aid coming now, but nothing is confirmed that I can find.  Without help, they are screwed as well.  That will be unfortunate due to their past history of maintaining sanity and order in Northern Iraq.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:14 PM »
cRusty, everyone knows that long term U.S. policy has lead to the formula that has created ISIS, but anyone with a brain (thus, it would exclude many around here) knows that it's been the Obama administrations policy in Syria (with cheerleading from idiots like McCain) that has made ISIS what is now.

To think, this dumba$$ administration is still contemplating training "moderate" coalitions of Syrian rebels . . . again.

Oh and you can thank the idiotic Libyan foray for helping ISIS as well.

I mostly agree with you.  However, I have to not that when the uprising began in Syria, large portions were rather moderate (they have a strong group of the young that are tired of extremism and crazy).  We did nothing to support them.  That has led to the extremists to gain a stronger and stronger position until we have the ISIS/ISIL situation now.  When left to their own devices, and facing crisis, people will go with the perceived winner.

The U.S. only gave platitudes to the moderate rebels, promised "Aid" in some nebulous form, and did nothing.  Over time, ISIS gained a foothold, did things, and though nutty by our standards, has shown effectiveness.  They have been able to get things done.  In the process, they have accumulated wealth, and financing on a rather grand scale.  In fact, they are now beginning a level of a welfare state for those whose sons/husbands fight - providing for their needs.  This is huge and is hard to overcome.

There are true moderates out there, and they are willing to fight.  But we refused to arm them and left them out to dry.  Few survive.  I don't know if arming then will work now - it could have early on in the process.

My next and larger concern are the Kurds in Iraq.  We have mostly played the same game with them.  Apparently, they may be some secret weapons aid coming now, but nothing is confirmed that I can find.  Without help, they are screwed as well.  That will be unfortunate due to their past history of maintaining sanity and order in Northern Iraq.

It's none of our business

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »
ISIS will not stop as they want a caliphayte in the Arbia pennisula.  When this all spills over and effects Isreal all hell will break lose.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »

I gasped because I knew their proposed policies had more to do with feeding defense donors than it did with actual concern. Also i knew we were never actually leaving as a contingent of private contractors were always to remain with a sprinkling of American forces.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
Headinjun closes this one out with a facepalm city post!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2015, 03:21:12 PM »
A guy at work said the French Police do not carry guns. That is what lead to it being as deadly as it was. He was pretty pissed off about that. He loves his guns. Also loves authority.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
Amnesty International saying that boko haram killed as many as 2000 in the town of Baga.

There needs to be a terrorism thread with a non-ridiculous title.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/kids-reunite-parents-lost-nigeria-islamic-uprising-28106423

global outrage and global mainstream media are both very racist. nobody cares about africa. sad.

An interesting look at why you hear so less about boko haram:

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2015/01/14/a-western-blindspot/

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2015, 12:02:34 AM »
If Obama can't even say the words "radical Islam", nobody is going to care.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »
If Obama can't even say the words "radical Islam", nobody is going to care.

Using hurtful language like that is what makes these misunderstood followers of a beautiful, peaceful religion want to kill us. Why would we want to provoke them?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
did you guys even read the article? It's interesting and doesn't really have anything to do w/ US politics. :jerk:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2015, 11:52:21 PM »
Yes this actually happened. In response to the Paris snub, Obama sends Potato Face with a special guest to sing a special song to the French.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/16/john_kerry_brings_james_taylor_to_sing_youve_got_a_friend_in_me_to_france.html

You just can't make this up. Can SNL top this? I hope they try, but not sure they will succeed. :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:38 AM »
Which one is potato face?