Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder Retirement Thread 2018  (Read 62400 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder Retirement Thread 2018
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the memories Bill.

If they hire someone good and the team does good, I will forget all about you though, sorry.

Your Pal,

Stupid Fitz

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
I wonder if any gErs know any big time donors to get the inside scoop?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 04:03:30 PM »
Tbh, the only reason I'm still even paying attention to K-State, and college football in general, is because of Snyder. I'll probably catch a few games next year, but if he's retiring, then it's time for me to move on, as well.

Thanks for the memories, Bill.

For me the opposite is true.  A new coach would provide an immediate and much needed boost to my interest level and enthusiasm for KSU football.  I missed almost all of the game Saturday because I knew we had absolutely no shot to even be competitive with OU.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
Thanks for the memories Bill.

If they hire someone good and the team does good, I will forget all about you though, sorry.

Your Pal,

Stupid Fitz

Well, until you come back for a game, drive down his highway, check out his museum, enter his stadium and take a pic w/ the lil stupid fitz's at his statue, are eating a loaded Snyder dog, and then maybe you'll remember him while watching Brent get a big home win.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »
BSAC?  :dunno:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »
So set in his ways, he even tucks in his rain gear. Outstanding image.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 06:34:30 PM »
this board is going to be so much fun with everyone trying to act edgy about the retirement. can't wait.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 06:37:09 PM »
this board is going to be so much fun with everyone trying to act edgy about the retirement. can't wait.
Real real edgy move is to double (or maybe triple) edge it and bamboozle everyone.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

He’s above reproach and it’s sad to see the usual suspects taking their licks at someone much greater than they will ever be.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2018, 08:41:03 PM »
this is an extremely important time.  everyone, please join me in reaching out to whoever the current sports dept head is to let him or her know how important it is to all true kstaters that sean assumes his patrimony.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:55 PM »
I’ll never forget how excited I was back during our DoD logging in early in the morning to see how far up the polls we might go after whatever big win we had.  It’s sad when I realize that crap was nearly 20 years ago. 

It’s been a long steady decline since and I am happy and sad to see him go. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder Retirement Thread 2018
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:29 PM »
I wonder if any gErs know any big time donors to get the inside scoop?

I’d really only listen to someone with first hand knowledge of the largest donors of them all.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 10:37:35 PM »
Why couldn't he have just gone out with klein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 10:45:39 PM »
I’ll never forget how excited I was back during our DoD logging in early in the morning to see how far up the polls we might go after whatever big win we had.  It’s sad when I realize that crap was nearly 20 years ago. 

Yeah, I remember how excited I was for game days knowing that we would see an innovative, aggressive, passionate team full of explosive athletes go out and attack the other team regardless of ranking.  Now, I am mainly lulled into hoping that we can play an error free, well executed game with a handful of breaks to keep us in the game against good teams.

As you noted, it has been a slow drain.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 05:49:45 AM »
i'm going to wait until it's official but this crap is going to get emotional

"emotional" as in you're mad because we suck?   don't feel too bad for the multi-millionaire who has a stadium and road named after him and who has used his status as leverage against the university.

Well that's, a take.

I'm assuming emotional because, this is absolutely the end of an era, an era that has a lot of very happy memories for all who were there for it. As much as some want to take a giant crap on the last 29 years, none of this exists without LHC Bill Snyder. That may not mean anything to some but to most it's certainly worth at least looking back with even a little bit of reverence.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 05:49:50 AM »

Yeah, I remember how excited I was for game days knowing that we would see an innovative, aggressive, passionate team full of explosive athletes go out and attack the other team regardless of ranking.  Now, I am mainly lulled into hoping that we can play an error free, well executed game with a handful of breaks to keep us in the game against good teams.

Good descriptions
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 05:54:16 AM »

What you described doesn't show a steady decline but the difference between Snyder 1.0 and the entirety of Snyder 2.0. Since 2009 we've always balanced on a knives edge, this second iteration wasn't done with superior talent but was with scheming. He's lost the fastball and doesn't have the talent to bail him out.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 08:24:30 AM »
So it sounds like most of the AD is ready to move on from Bill, including Gene. And since meetings with Gene Sunday, Sean has been on the phone with all the big donors trying to get them to rally behind Bill if Gene contacts them.

Doesn't sound like Bill will be announcing a voluntary "retirement" any time soon.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2018, 08:29:01 AM »
Big donors are one of the main reasons why Bill is feeling pressure right now and why Gene is more on top of this than Currie ever was. Also, Gene feels like we need a new up to date indoor practice facility before he'll ever be able to haul in the type of coach that we'd all really want.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 08:37:30 AM »

What you described doesn't show a steady decline but the difference between Snyder 1.0 and the entirety of Snyder 2.0. Since 2009 we've always balanced on a knives edge, this second iteration wasn't done with superior talent but was with scheming. He's lost the fastball and doesn't have the talent to bail him out.
Exception being 2011-12. That team had real talent at multiple positions. But he kinda lucked into all that talent and probably waited too long to start playing Klein.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »

Exception being 2011-12. That team had real talent at multiple positions. But he kinda lucked into all that talent and probably waited too long to start playing Klein.
I'm not reviewing old rosters, but I feel like almost every year we've had a few stud players that at least pushed for conference elite status. This year, it's like where the eff is that guy or guys? I dont' see it. I'm disregarding a member or two of the Oline here, maybe they fit that category. But offensively, we've got a few decent, but not bad ass offensive players. Same with defense, except even less..maybe 1 or 2?

The talent out there looks as bad as I can remember.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »

I'm not reviewing old rosters, but I feel like almost every year we've had a few stud players that at least pushed for conference elite status. This year, it's like where the eff is that guy or guys? I dont' see it. I'm disregarding a member or two of the Oline here, maybe they fit that category. But offensively, we've got a few decent, but not bad ass offensive players. Same with defense, except even less..maybe 1 or 2?

The talent out there looks as bad as I can remember.

Last sentence says it all.  The well is tapped out.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
i'm going to wait until it's official but this crap is going to get emotional

"emotional" as in you're mad because we suck?   don't feel too bad for the multi-millionaire who has a stadium and road named after him and who has used his status as leverage against the university.

Well that's, a take.

I'm assuming emotional because, this is absolutely the end of an era, an era that has a lot of very happy memories for all who were there for it. As much as some want to take a giant crap on the last 29 years, none of this exists without LHC Bill Snyder. That may not mean anything to some but to most it's certainly worth at least looking back with even a little bit of reverence.

come on.  the era you're referring to ended a long time ago as you pointed out in your response to kearneyman.  no one is taking a crap on what snyder has done. and nothing about bill leaving, and getting the eff out of the way of this program, is going to erase the memories we all have.

you want to feel emotion when he retires? be happy that his God complex can no longer hurt our program and he can no longer use his status as leverage against us.

contrary to popular belief, he does not own the k-state football program and it's not his to kill.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »
Sorry if reposted but Bring on the Cats and Fitz are both calling for Snyder to leave. I guess this means it really is the end.