Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982816 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10125 on: October 22, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
Nice finally for IHG points compilers.  Some of the best-located hotels in Seattle are Kimptons.

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/kimptonkarma

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: October 24, 2017, 08:40:56 AM »
what's the best non-chase card to get right now with a relatively low spend ($3k)?  Cap One Venture a good card to get?  they're offering 50k miles which i guess is $500, haven't non-chased before though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: October 24, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »
what's the best non-chase card to get right now with a relatively low spend ($3k)?  Cap One Venture a good card to get?  they're offering 50k miles which i guess is $500, haven't non-chased before though.

that cap one is decent if you don't mind hitting your 5/24 for $500. the 60k AA barclay cards are very nice with no spend requirement.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: October 24, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »

that cap one is decent if you don't mind hitting your 5/24 for $500. the 60k AA barclay cards are very nice with no spend requirement.

60k for one purchase sounds pretty amaze.  assuming that's to fly America and maybe a few of their travel partners?  do these points expire?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: October 24, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »

60k for one purchase sounds pretty amaze.  assuming that's to fly America and maybe a few of their travel partners?  do these points expire?

AA miles don't expire unless your account is inactive for 18 months. If you are going a long time without flying American then just make a transaction on the Aviator card and the clock resets.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: October 24, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
card seems like a no brainer then.  does it have a bunch of blackout dates or something?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: October 24, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
card seems like a no brainer then.  does it have a bunch of blackout dates or something?

wut. no. they are AA miles, not proprietary miles. so yes, tons actually. it's confusing.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:29 AM »
that confused me

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: October 24, 2017, 11:31:39 AM »
delta has a 60k amex with 2k spend as well, if you live where you can use delta.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: October 24, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
delta is running the 70k, $3k + $100 statement credit w/a  delta purchase + annual companion pass again too.  $195/annual fee

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: October 24, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »

think I found my next card then. how hard is it through AA website to see how often it looks like flights out of mhk are blacked out then?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:44:38 AM by yoga-like_abana »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: October 24, 2017, 11:49:19 AM »
Want input on 2 things:

1) I'm at 4/24 right now until next May, so if I want back in the game before then, I have to get the CSR first.  I was going to wait a while to get it as I don't have any travel purchases to make for a bit, and I'm not even halfway through my current year of CSP that I paid annual fee for, but I'm sick of waiting to get the CSR before I can keep churning Alaska and get that Barclay AA.

Do I need to move all my CSP points over to my INK and cancel my CSP before applying for the CSR?

2) I'm down to 26K SPG, with nothing on the horizon as far as using them or earning a bunch more.  AA is again doing the transfer bonus where I could flip 20K SPGs to 29K AAs. 

Assuming I won't have any need for those SPGs until they get converted to Marriott points, good to use them to get extra AAs now before I expect they'll become way less valuable after the Marriott conversion?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: October 24, 2017, 12:07:35 PM »
you have to cancel the CSP before getting the CSR if you're going for the CSR bonus, as far as the points go, the chase guy should walk you through it

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: October 24, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »
Want input on 2 things:

1) I'm at 4/24 right now until next May, so if I want back in the game before then, I have to get the CSR first.  I was going to wait a while to get it as I don't have any travel purchases to make for a bit, and I'm not even halfway through my current year of CSP that I paid annual fee for, but I'm sick of waiting to get the CSR before I can keep churning Alaska and get that Barclay AA.

Do I need to move all my CSP points over to my INK and cancel my CSP before applying for the CSR?

2) I'm down to 26K SPG, with nothing on the horizon as far as using them or earning a bunch more.  AA is again doing the transfer bonus where I could flip 20K SPGs to 29K AAs. 

Assuming I won't have any need for those SPGs until they get converted to Marriott points, good to use them to get extra AAs now before I expect they'll become way less valuable after the Marriott conversion?

yeah, all that sounds fine for Chase stuff.

I'd just leave them as SPG until they tell you it's about to switch. I think SPG should give you some warning before pulling the plug on the airline transfers (unless they turn into giant dickholes) and 4k extra AA miles is pretty much worth nothing so rushing to move them isn't getting you much.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: October 24, 2017, 12:25:30 PM »
T-Y.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10140 on: October 24, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »

think I found my next card then. how hard is it through AA website to see how often it looks like flights out of mhk are blacked out then?

I've never known a AA award flight to be blacked out, but the miles required may vary anywhere from 12,500-40,000 for a one way flight.

The AA award map is a helpful tool if you want to see where you can go with your current balance of miles: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: October 24, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
does AA go anywhere cool out of MCI direct?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: October 24, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
does AA go anywhere cool out of MCI direct?
Cancún.....not daily though.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:53 PM »

I've never known a AA award flight to be blacked out, but the miles required may vary anywhere from 12,500-40,000 for a one way flight.

The AA award map is a helpful tool if you want to see where you can go with your current balance of miles: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
:love: exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: October 24, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
i think chase changed their policy to eff over sapphire churners.  now you can only get one cs bonus per 24 months, not one each for a csp and csr.

check my stats, but you probably need to wait on your csr, trim.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: October 24, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
i think chase changed their policy to eff over sapphire churners.  now you can only get one cs bonus per 24 months, not one each for a csp and csr.

eff, good catch.

50,000 bonus points
after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.*

That's $750 toward airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.

This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 24 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.

This will work out ok because the card that will fall off 5/24 next may is my csp. So I can wait until then to cancel and have a slot to get csr even with getting an Alaska or a barclay aa between now & then.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: October 24, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »
there's a 60 day wait b/w when you cancel/product change your csp to when they'll approve your csr...so account for that

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »
Yep, I'll cancel CSP in April 2018 right before the fee hits, and apply for CSR in August or September so that it's conservatively a full 2 years from when I received the CSP bonus points.  That might even allow me to do 2 or 3 non-chase cards in the meantime and still be under 5/24 by the time I'd be getting the CSR.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: October 25, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »
just signed up for that 60k AA Aviator Red, thanks guys!  :billdance:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: October 28, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »

eff, good catch.

50,000 bonus points
after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.*

That's $750 toward airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.

This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 24 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.

This will work out ok because the card that will fall off 5/24 next may is my csp. So I can wait until then to cancel and have a slot to get csr even with getting an Alaska or a barclay aa between now & then.

Yeah, this mumped me in the ass. I checked to make sure I was good on 5/24 got a Freedom w/ 5% bonus, cancelled my CSP so I could get the CSR. Got the letter "you've had a Sapphire bonus within the last 24 months." It was like a year ago.

Guess I won't be on team Sapphire for awhile. Ms. Nicname got her CSP bonus within the last year also. At least I can transfer Freedom points to her.

Bummer. Guess it's time for a new program.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.