Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983243 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10200 on: December 08, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
Plus you earn miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »
i always check the portal.  can get some v good redemptions.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: December 08, 2017, 09:43:35 PM »
I thought the portal was a no-no! But this is an interest development!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »
I thought the portal was a no-no! But this is an interest development!

it's great for really cheap flights and hotels. like you don't want to spend 25k UA miles on a RT you can get for $300.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: December 09, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
also if you have parents or other old people who don't want to hassle with the points transfer and reward bookings it's the obv. answer.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: December 09, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
Or if you don't want to spend $350 you can get a RT for 20k points!

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #10206 on: December 15, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
I need a new cc. I am about to cancel the CSR in Jan after I double dip the $300 freebie (assuming they still allow it). I think the Chase Ink Preferred business card looks decent with 80k pts for $95. Plus I could transfer my UR pts. I don’t really like the delta/United points and the SW CC bonus looks low right now. Any thoughts on how hard it is to get the CIP biz card? Should I get a diff card?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: December 15, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »
I need a new cc. I am about to cancel the CSR in Jan after I double dip the $300 freebie (assuming they still allow it). I think the Chase Ink Preferred business card looks decent with 80k pts for $95. Plus I could transfer my UR pts. I don’t really like the delta/United points and the SW CC bonus looks low right now. Any thoughts on how hard it is to get the CIP biz card? Should I get a diff card?
I'm in the same spot!

I think i'm fine of 5/24.  I already had a CSP but canceled that a while ago.  Should/Can i just churn the CSP?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #10208 on: January 16, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
Fraud alert on the Freedom this morning. Had to dust off the AA card. I really need another Chase points card.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: January 16, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
i used the chase UR portal to book a delta flight using UR's. 

it would have cost $510 or 39k skymiles booking w/ Delta.

it cost 34k UR's through their portal AND i will earn like 3500 skymiles, since it is a "paid" flight as far as delta is concerned.

in summary: i am not proud of the 0.015 redemption rate, but also i did not realize you could earn skymiles on a flight that was booked with UR's. so really it's more like a 0.017 redemption rate*

:dunno:

*if you assume skymiles & UR's have the same value, which of course they don't

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: January 16, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »
My Delta flight back from PV purchased w/URs was mumped up.  Trying to check in, it said I was on standby and it seemed needlessly stressful for a long time when they ended up putting me in the extra leg room seats with an empty seat next to me.  I'm waiting to hear back from them on what that was all about. 

I don't think it was a Mexico issue b/c the others were able to check in normally.  It shouldn't have been a UR thing b/c I flew there fine and also did a leg of the Nashville trip that way w/no issues.  But if it was that UR people have more of a chance of not getting a seat on a Delta flight, I probably won't do that again.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: January 16, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
My Delta flight back from PV purchased w/URs was mumped up.  Trying to check in, it said I was on standby

had you already selected your seat beforehand?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: January 16, 2018, 01:18:01 PM »
My Delta flight back from PV purchased w/URs was mumped up.  Trying to check in, it said I was on standby

No, not at the time of purchasing w/URs.  I don't think the portal lets you.  For the flight from Nashville and the flight to PV, I was able to when checking in the day before. 

For the flight from PV, I wasn't even given notice to check in and when I tried to, the Delta system said I was on standby and would have to check in at the airport.  I did that but then still couldn't get a seat and had to wait for someone to come to the gate to make it right. 

And then I had to do some extra security questioning.  It's a good thing I had taken a business card from the hotel right when I left b/c otherwise I wouldn't have been able to answer the guy's question about where I'd stayed.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: January 16, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
if you didn't select your seat ahead of time that's pretty standard stand by stuff. it's a gamble I play when there are tons of available extra legroom seats and I'm flying alone with no status. they will then see if they can sell them and if they can't they usually put you there.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: January 16, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

No, not at the time of purchasing w/URs.  I don't think the portal lets you.  For the flight from Nashville and the flight to PV, I was able to when checking in the day before. 

For the flight from PV, I wasn't even given notice to check in and when I tried to, the Delta system said I was on standby and would have to check in at the airport.  I did that but then still couldn't get a seat and had to wait for someone to come to the gate to make it right. 

pro-tip for everyone: when you purchase a ticket with UR's, as soon as you get a confirmation number from chase, you can log into Delta (or whichever airline) and select a seat. you don't need to wait until check-in.
*disclaimer* i'm not sure having a seat assignment would necessarily save you from an oversold situation. i mean if the airline is going to F you, they're just going to F you. but it would seem to be helpful to have a seat assignment to point to while talking to a gate agent.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10215 on: January 16, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »
not just delta, every airline unless you want to spin the wheel and see if you win

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: January 16, 2018, 01:38:21 PM »
pro-tip for everyone: when you purchase a ticket with UR's, as soon as you get a confirmation number from chase, you can log into Delta (or whichever airline) and select a seat. you don't need to wait until check-in.
*disclaimer* i'm not sure having a seat assignment would necessarily save you from an oversold situation. i mean if the airline is going to F you, they're just going to F you. but it would seem to be helpful to have a seat assignment to point to while talking to a gate agent.

That actually may have been done, at least as to the flight there, but not by me.  Sergio's lady is a travel agent or something so he had me give her my info and she did some stuff to try to get us seated together.  I didn't care.  She failed, as when I checked in, I had an assigned seat but we weren't seated together.  We were able to pick new seats like normal while checking in.

But yeah, I definitely prefer knowing my seat way in advance.  What sd said makes sense, and it worked just like that in this case, but I wasn't in a position in Mexico when I needed to get my dog in Seattle that night where I wanted to be gambling.

I ended up coming home with 300 useless pesos that could've been 5-6 pacificos instead except I was stressed and spent almost the whole time waiting at the gate.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: January 22, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
Heard back from a good Delta person.  They say I always had a space on the plane, but just not an assigned seat yet because of the UR booking and something unique to this flight, and that had I called Delta directly anytime I could've gotten a seat assignment and known to go drink a bunch more cervezas and not worry about if I'd get back to america.  They also sent me a choice of $100 gift cards for them, amazon, bb&b, best buy, darden, lowe's, nordstrom and lol starbucks among others.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: January 25, 2018, 05:58:57 PM »
I’ve got a good referral deal on Delta Amex right now if anyone needs it.  Offer good until 1/31.

Platinum
70k SkyMiles & 10k MQMs after $3k spend
General offer is for only 35&5

Gold
50k SkyMiles after $2k splend + 10k more after another $1k within 6 months
General offer is for only 30k

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #10219 on: February 02, 2018, 04:18:01 PM »
Super sexy Ink hit the mailbox today. Churning.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: February 02, 2018, 07:49:39 PM »
Was angling for the SW Companion Pass to start 2018 but looks like I've missed the 50,000 and 60,000 signup bonuses. 40k is not going to get the job done. Is there any service that will send me an alert when they go back up to 50k?

We got 2 60k and now 2 40k and will have 2 Comp passes for our giant brood of kids for the next 2 years. If it goes back to 50k+ you can just see it here for free.

amaze. I thought I was doing good by me just coming off my companion pass and getting it for Mrs. SF this month from the two 60k offers. Still amazes the crap out of me that they allow someone to fly free for 2 years by getting credit cards. I am going to keep doing this for the rest of my life.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: February 02, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »
yes, I'm their worst nightmare. it's amaze. luckily there aren't that many of us so they keep allowing us to do it to them.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: February 03, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
I did the Cali resident SW companion pass thing. Now need a second card. Which one do I need?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: February 03, 2018, 03:29:03 PM »
a ur card, if you're eligible for one now. ur points are so good.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: February 03, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »
Yeah, CSP, CSR, or Ink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk