Author Topic: Per Kenpom...  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Per Kenpom...
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »
god damnit yard dog

:dunno: I have very high expectations for KState basketball and I will not accept a return to Woolridgeyness.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2014, 10:57:13 AM »
Decoursy says that the Big 12 is 2nd best conference, and we should get 7 bids.  This will be color printed and laminated by oscar and tacked to Currie's office door.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-12-29/top-conferences-college-basketball-ncaa-2014-season-acc-big-12-big-ten-big 10/slide/2

RPI rank: No. 1
Record vs. RPI top-10 leagues: 34-20
Biggest non-league wins: Kansas at Georgetown; Iowa State at Iowa; Oklahoma over UCLA
Championship contenders: None
Final Four contenders: Texas
Tourney contenders: Kansas, West Virginia, Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU
Likely bids: Seven

Overview: It might seem harsh to leave the Big 12 entirely out of the national championship mix, especially after Texas played so well at Kentucky without point guard Isaiah Taylor. Perhaps his return will merit a change in that position, but the offense isn’t likely to be quite dynamic enough. The Big 12 is a league in which nearly every victory will be hard to earn, and one of the few high-level conferences in which a double round-robin schedule is in place. So this will be the most fun league, but the absence of national title challengers pushes it down a notch.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
I think winning the conference gets oscar at least one more year. If we split it, drop the probability factor one alpha and two betas. If it's only a third of the title, I'm not so sure.

if we go 1-17 in conference I think he's on the hot seat.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
Decoursy says that the Big 12 is 2nd best conference, and we should get 7 bids.  This will be color printed and laminated by oscar and tacked to Currie's office door.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-12-29/top-conferences-college-basketball-ncaa-2014-season-acc-big-12-big-ten-big 10/slide/2

RPI rank: No. 1
Record vs. RPI top-10 leagues: 34-20
Biggest non-league wins: Kansas at Georgetown; Iowa State at Iowa; Oklahoma over UCLA
Championship contenders: None
Final Four contenders: Texas
Tourney contenders: Kansas, West Virginia, Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU
Likely bids: Seven

Overview: It might seem harsh to leave the Big 12 entirely out of the national championship mix, especially after Texas played so well at Kentucky without point guard Isaiah Taylor. Perhaps his return will merit a change in that position, but the offense isn’t likely to be quite dynamic enough. The Big 12 is a league in which nearly every victory will be hard to earn, and one of the few high-level conferences in which a double round-robin schedule is in place. So this will be the most fun league, but the absence of national title challengers pushes it down a notch.

Nothing says best conference like not title contenders and ooc wins against bottom feeding power 5 teams. What a dipshit
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd