Author Topic: Ski in order to truly enjoy life  (Read 12856 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Ski in order to truly enjoy life
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:32 AM »
Does anyone wear a backpack when they ski?

All my bro's do it so I gave in to peer pressure last time and it was actually pretty sweet.

Last time I filled it with

1. 6 Pack of Coors Light
2. Spare gloves/Scarf
3. Granola Bars
4. Sammy for lunch

It also works great if you get hot and need to remove a layer.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
Based upon my last skiing experience, everything in that bag would be smashed to pieces.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 11:03:49 AM »
I have been boarding for 12 years. Love it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »
Dear gE.c,

Pretty jacked up for my mid-Feb trip all the way to Crested Butte to meet up with my emaw bro who is an actual ski bum and lives there.

I have skiied plenty of times and enjoy it but I usually avoid blacks because I like the casual/relaxing version of skiing. But my friend who I am visiting told me Crested Butte's blues are like most places blacks.  :ohno:

Anybody skiied Crested Butte that can confirm/deny?

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
also this should probably be on the Combo board imo

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
Dear gE.c,

Pretty jacked up for my mid-Feb trip all the way to Crested Butte to meet up with my emaw bro who is an actual ski bum and lives there.

I have skiied plenty of times and enjoy it but I usually avoid blacks because I like the casual/relaxing version of skiing. But my friend who I am visiting told me Crested Butte's blues are like most places blacks.  :ohno:

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

:opcat:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »
crested butte is a great little ski town. does he actually live in town? pretty expensive place to live. from what i remember the mountain itself isn't really a beginners type of place. not a lot of greens. don't remember the blues being ridiculous though. you should be fine.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
But my friend who I am visiting told me Crested Butte's blues are like most places blacks.  :ohno:

Deny.  They may be harder than the average blue, but nothing to worry about.  Besides, a little challenge is good.  Monarch, down the road a bit, can get some great chowder snow and has some runs atop the Continental Divide with spectacular views.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
Man, I love skiing.  Wanted to go this year, but not sure it is going to happen.  I've only gone twice, once in Breckenridge and once in Angel Fire, NM.  Mountain was definitely better in Breck, but it was so great in Angel Fire not having to wait in long lift lines or deal with traffic on the slopes. 
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
he'll have to drive past monarch to get to crested butte. yes amazing views.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
crested butte is a great little ski town. does he actually live in town? pretty expensive place to live. from what i remember the mountain itself isn't really a beginners type of place. not a lot of greens. don't remember the blues being ridiculous though. you should be fine.

great stuff daris. he is bumming it up in a giant house with like 7 people in it i think, just living the ski bum dream.

But my friend who I am visiting told me Crested Butte's blues are like most places blacks.  :ohno:

Deny.  They may be harder than the average blue, but nothing to worry about.  Besides, a little challenge is good.  Monarch, down the road a bit, can get some great chowder snow and has some runs atop the Continental Divide with spectacular views.

:thumbs: CAN'T WAIT

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 01:04:08 PM »
my favorite part is when you get to the lift/any area you interact with "workers" and theyre from another country.

like if you ask the operator at the base how icy it is and they throw some Australian accent at you, you're all like "what?"

I was one of these. I worked with a ton of chicks from Peru. And by a ton I mean like 3.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
my favorite part is when you get to the lift/any area you interact with "workers" and theyre from another country.

like if you ask the operator at the base how icy it is and they throw some Australian accent at you, you're all like "what?"

I was one of these. I worked with a ton of chicks from Peru. And by a ton I mean like 3.

basically all of the winter park employees were from south america. mostly argentinian. would be a fun thing for a south american teen to do i think.

Offline SliceOfLime

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
Dear gE.c,

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City
I skied Crested butte last year. I was with my sister who hadn't skied in ten years. It actually worked out great because a lot of the runs are groomed on one side but they leave moguls on the other. Great for multi skilled groups. And there's never any lines!

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
Dear gE.c,

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

Is your buddy a lift operator? I might know him....

You'll be fine on Crested Butte's blues. There are plenty of groomed runs you shouldn't get bored. I really really enjoyed the mountain. It's a good place.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
never been skiing, but i love riding the ski lifts up mountains and riding back down on bikes.  seems like that is much more fun than skiing. not really a winter person though.   :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
Dear gE.c,

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

You'll be fine on Crested Butte's blues. There are plenty of groomed runs you shouldn't get bored. I really really enjoyed the mountain. It's a good place.

I don't think he works on the mountain any more. He works at a restaurant now. He has lived in Keystone and somewhere in Utah before but CB is his favorite place in the Rockies.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ski in order to truly enjoy life
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »
Dear gE.c,

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

I don't think he works on the mountain any more. He works at a restaurant now. He has lived in Keystone and somewhere in Utah before but CB is his favorite place in the Rockies.

I absolutely know your buddy. Worked with him in MHk and then i was in breck when he was keystone.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
Dear gE.c,

Sincerely,

Concerned in Kansas City

I absolutely know your buddy. Worked with him in MHk and then i was in breck when he was keystone.

:surprised: We are best buds and lived together for 3 years at KSU.  :D

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »
i like the skiing the in the outback at keystone.  the front of the mountain is noob city but there's some fun the be had in the outback.  also, the chili at labonte's cabin is a++

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »
Board or get the eff out of the way two plank'rs!

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
ETPbro is on a ski trip in Breck right now.

:sdeek:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
ETPbro is on a ski trip in Breck right now.

:sdeek:

is he with bros right now?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at all of u hayseeds. the tucks of the ski world.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at all of u hayseeds. the tucks of the ski world.

are you saying you are a telly skiier?