Author Topic: Any cyclists?  (Read 105802 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Any cyclists?
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
I know this is late, but did anyone watch Red bull Rampage?  Holy crap Paul Basagoitia crash. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 27, 2015, 02:51:40 PM »
I know this is late, but did anyone watch Red bull Rampage?  Holy crap Paul Basagoitia crash.

The most insane event in all of sports. Ridiculous.

IN OTHER NEWS: My Surly Krampus was stolen on Saturday night in Durango, Colorado. Please keep an eye out for it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2015, 10:35:46 AM »
eff thieves.  Sorry your rig got stolen.  Cut chain/lock out momentarily unsecured?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 29, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
eff thieves.  Sorry your rig got stolen.  Cut chain/lock out momentarily unsecured?

Friend borrowed it and it was gone two hours later. :(

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 29, 2015, 01:22:32 AM »
I'm sorry you tried to be a nice person and that happened, hopefully karma turns in your favor.

Maybe post it on pinke bike and reddit /r/mtb
http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=138896&pagenum=13

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 21, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
I am here to report a Christmas bicycle miracle.  As you might remember, I got a hybrid bike last June and I rode the eff out of it.  I decided to go the mountain bike route, and am purchasing a gently used Santa Cruz Tallboy CC 29er, with all XTR components, for about 1/3 of retail.  I am beyond excited.  I had been holding out for a very high end bike, used.  This fits the bill.  Man oh man.   :Woohoo:

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #506 on: December 21, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »
I am here to report a Christmas bicycle miracle.  As you might remember, I got a hybrid bike last June and I rode the eff out of it.  I decided to go the mountain bike route, and am purchasing a gently used Santa Cruz Tallboy CC 29er, with all XTR components, for about 1/3 of retail.  I am beyond excited.  I had been holding out for a very high end bike, used.  This fits the bill.  Man oh man.   :Woohoo:

:fistpump:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Where do you live by chance Pete?  Santa Cruz, Yeti, and Niner all seems like badass brands. 

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »

Where do you live by chance Pete?  Santa Cruz, Yeti, and Niner all seems like badass brands.

Johnson County, not in the mountains or some crap like that.  I like riding trails, though.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 22, 2015, 10:59:50 PM »
Do you guys ride on the streets?  I've been wanting to get into biking but it feels like getting hit by a car is a matter of if not when.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2015, 12:14:35 AM »
Do you guys ride on the streets?  I've been wanting to get into biking but it feels like getting hit by a car is a matter of if not when.

I don't much at all, but I live right next to a gigantic paved trail that is very wide an like 17 miles long.  I just ride that thing a bunch (when it's nice out) on a crossover hybrid Cannondale thingy I have.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2015, 12:25:24 AM »

I've biked all over JoCo, the Plaza, and downtown with no fucks given. Go for it. I mean, risk vs reward

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:25 AM »
I mostly ride on streets but in bike lanes

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2015, 02:10:04 PM »
All the above in Manhattan and Topeka.  Most near death was in SN county and I got on a road I shouldn't have (Auburn rd) and didn't have an side street to escape to.  A week or two later a cyclist was killed on 53rd st near Auburn rd.  Manhattan has been pretty okay with cars and such for safety. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 23, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »

Johnson County, not in the mountains or some crap like that.  I like riding trails, though.

Have you (or anyone else) been on Lawrence's river trails? 

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:25 PM »

I've biked all over JoCo, the Plaza, and downtown with no fucks given. Go for it. I mean, risk vs reward
I ride on the street but not major thoroughfares.  There are also a couple of trails in Topeka that are good for riding. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »

Have you (or anyone else) been on Lawrence's river trails?

Yep, I love them! 

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »
did major upgrade today.  last year I got a little displeased with the performance of the lower level components on my bike.  Any ride over 50 miles I would be on the side of the road at least one time dealing with mechanical issues.

have a frame that I love but didn't make good economical sense to upgrade the components and wheels.  after months of looking out for a great deal i found one today, took a test ride & pulled the trigger.

Specialized S-Works Roubaix frame w/ Dura-Ace components including the di2 shifting.  I am beyond stoked, this thing is light, stiff, peppy and rides and handles like a dream.  i don't know what to do with my hands right now.

oh, and I wasn't about to throw down the type of money it would require to buy this thing new.  Is 4 years old without a single scratch on it.  a 70 year old traded it in and I happened to be one of the 1st people to see it so i got very lucky.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2016, 06:10:22 PM »
Sweet ride. I'm ready for March to get here with some warmer weather.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
Sweet ride. I'm ready for March to get here with some warmer weather.

gonna be in the mid to high 70's the last half of this week in Dallas.  So pumped.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »
ast how tall are you?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
ast how tall are you?

5'10"

not quite a manlet but not far from it either

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
for some reason i was thinking you were taller.  i want a road bike but have had issues finding a frame that fits my frame <====LOL JOKE!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »
for some reason i was thinking you were taller.  i want a road bike but have had issues finding a frame that fits my frame <====LOL JOKE!

how tall are you?  I'm assuming you must be tall if you are having difficulty finding a frame.