Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 10695 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Draft
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
Never really had a team in the NFL that I follow. The Dolphins may be my team from this point on.

never? whoa. where were you born?

Topeka.

Always had the mentality that no other sports teams matter besides K-State basketball and K-State football.

and you don't think the chiefs would be appropriate?

That'd make me a bandwagon fan.

:confused:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
Never really had a team in the NFL that I follow. The Dolphins may be my team from this point on.

never? whoa. where were you born?

Topeka.

Always had the mentality that no other sports teams matter besides K-State basketball and K-State football.

and you don't think the chiefs would be appropriate?

That'd make me a bandwagon fan.

:confused:

Proximity isn't a good enough reason for me to cheer for a team. Hell, KU fans use that one all the time. I don't cheer for Witchita State just because I reside close to their location.

"Bandwagon fan" wasn't the best phrase, but I'm not sure there's a term for what I'm trying to describe.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
think the nfl is a little different than college fandom. usually physical location or previous physical location is the reason to become a fan. that way you can actually go to games. just imo, though.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Yeah, you're expected to root for the pro teams that are closest to you.  I'm even turning into a bit of an OKC fan because I can actually watch games there on a fairly regular basis.  Plus, Durant is a totalt badass.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
think the nfl is a little different than college fandom. usually physical location or previous physical location is the reason to become a fan. that way you can actually go to games. just imo, though.

Yeah, you're probably right.

The other thing I'd like to add is that in fantasy football, I see guys take players from the team they cheer for and then get screwed over because of it. I'd rather be unbiased and just choose the best pick.

Also, back to my original argument, with the time I'd be devoting to an NFL team, I'd be missing out on time that I could/should be devoting to the Cats. Ya know?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »

Yeah, you're probably right.

The other thing I'd like to add is that in fantasy football, I see guys take players from the team they cheer for and then get screwed over because of it. I'd rather be unbiased and just choose the best pick.

Also, back to my original argument, with the time I'd be devoting to an NFL team, I'd be missing out on time that I could/should be devoting to the Cats. Ya know?

oh dude, you don't see me going out and drafting Knowshon Moreno or Tim Tebow (wish i would have picked up lloyd though  :love: :love:). you don't have to be a homer. i think its doable to be both an nfl and state fan.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
There ain't crap else to do on Sundays.  May as well just find an NFL team to follow.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
I was actually thinking the Chiefs might take Stanzi in the 4th.  Turns out he was still available in the 5th for them.  A decent backup option at QB.  Probably not a Cassel replacement.