Author Topic: K-State Should Not Fund a Bus System  (Read 24606 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Should Not Fund a Bus System
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Fake Sugar Dick getting totally clowned in this thread.   :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »

After hearing the following overwhelming evidence in favor of a bus system, Sugar Dick is forced to concede his position that he doesn't like buses

- Local Bus system is basically the same thing as an elite player lounge for students
- Local Bus system offers the same benefits to interstate commerce as the Interstate Highway System
- Local Bus system benefits society in parity with public education
- Three cities over 3000 miles away have a local Bus system

I don't know what Sugar Dick was thinking, apologies.

OT:  why is everyone on this board, other than Sugar Dick, so rough ridin' stupid?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »

After hearing the following overwhelming evidence in favor of a bus system, Sugar Dick is forced to concede his position that he doesn't like buses

- Local Bus system is basically the same thing as an elite player lounge for students
- Local Bus system offers the same benefits to interstate commerce as the Interstate Highway System
- Local Bus system benefits society in parity with public education
- Three cities over 3000 miles away have a local Bus system

I don't know what Sugar Dick was thinking, apologies.

OT:  why is everyone on this board, other than Sugar Dick, so rough ridin' stupid?

On the bright side guys, we're not so stupid as to believe that bus is a proper noun or there's a city in the lower 48 that's more than 3,000 miles away from Manhattan.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:13:23 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »
i'd take a bus to the rec center whenever it was like 10 degrees outside since i'm south of campus. i'd also take a bus to Dillon's so I'd really only have to use my car whenever I drive home and back. I think a decent number of students (especially broke-ass grad students) would welcome a bus system to get across town.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2011, 02:49:34 PM »
i'd take a bus to the rec center whenever it was like 10 degrees outside since i'm south of campus. i'd also take a bus to Dillon's so I'd really only have to use my car whenever I drive home and back. I think a decent number of students (especially broke-ass grad students) would welcome a bus system to get across town.

Do you work at Dillon's?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »

Do you work at Dillon's?

nope.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »
Holy crap I'm sad I missed this.  It is now 100% obvious that FSD is some stupid ass racist small townie hick, likely from some small SE Kansas town like Independence or some crap who has never traveled, what a rough ridin' idiot.

People with money use mass transit, you rough ridin' moron.  You know who doesn't use mass transit?  Ignorant crackers scared of interacting with the rest of the world, you people who have 6 years of pickled beets and 15 cases of water stored in mason jars in your bunker getting ready for that big day.  Jesus rough ridin' christ what a goddamn loser.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:46 AM »
Holy crap I'm sad I missed this.  It is now 100% obvious that FSD is some stupid ass racist small townie hick, likely from some small SE Kansas town like Independence or some crap who has never traveled, what a rough ridin' idiot.

People with money use mass transit, you rough ridin' moron.  You know who doesn't use mass transit?  Ignorant crackers scared of interacting with the rest of the world, you people who have 6 years of pickled beets and 15 cases of water stored in mason jars in your bunker getting ready for that big day.  Jesus rough ridin' christ what a goddamn loser.

Kansas City has a pretty bad stigma attached to its bus system (which is actually pretty good).
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2011, 07:03:09 AM »
I'm still trying to find a major university other than K-State that doesn't have a bus system.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2011, 07:24:07 AM »

he also doesn't understand what an analogy is.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »

Kansas City has a pretty bad stigma attached to its bus system (which is actually pretty good).

Yeah, I was assuming that he based his opinion on KC's Metro.  I was also assuming that he has never actually used it.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »
Retards like Fake Sugar Dick who are against bus systems are just afraid they will get mugged/raped while riding the bus at night.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
I love mass transit. It's amazing.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
I love mass transit. It's amazing.

when it's done well, there's no more useful and pleasant amenity*.  if done poorly it can be waste of resources.  i don't know if this is fake sugar dick's point (probably not), but it might be hard for a city as small as mhk to support a system with wide enough coverage and frequent enough service to gain widespread acceptance.  if the feds were going to subsidize it though, they certainly should have tried.

* - not just public/urban.  countries or regions with reasonably priced, adequately scheduled bus or train systems are fantastic.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
no one would take the bus in mhk because it's always easier to drive and everyone has a car, right?  what am i missing here?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
no one would take the bus in mhk because it's always easier to drive and everyone has a car, right?  what am i missing here?

The point of EcoKat.   :dubious:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »

The point of EcoKat.   :dubious:

so, we'll have a bunch of empty buses, but having them will make us feel good about ourselves?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
You're right, people would way rather drive to campus and idle in the parking lot for 40 minutes, and then be 15 minutes late to class.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
LOL at this thread. 

Rich people ride mass transit, not poor people.  ZOMFG    :facepalm:   

Mass transit is a disgusting example of humanity.  Nothing surprises me less than the posters on this board in favor of it.

I am also flattered at ya'lls curiosity about my race (and propensity for racism), my residence (now and prior), and my whereabouts (which I'm guessing the mods can figure out). I had no idea I was such a provocative character.  :blush:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
You're right, people would way rather drive to campus and idle in the parking lot for 40 minutes, and then be 15 minutes late to class.

how many people do this now?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
Sugar Dick
The people who use the bus should pay for it

Ignorant bigoted mouth-breathing resident goemawtard reply:
You're a racist hick who has never been outside of Burlington, KS and you don't know what a bus or subway looks like, you probably think it looks like a cow, and you are afraid of people, and your own shadow and you're white and you like towns and I'm smarter than you even though I'm less educated, have less wealth, and am all around a worse person, but acting socially conscience makes me a good person by proxy and better than you, even though I'm too lazy to take the glass to ripple glass, you should know that a bus system is the one thing that takes a place from good to great, the public library is a great place to beat off, EcoKat rides the bus, but I don't, but being in favor of a bus system makes me a good person, and buses are a boon to rich people so they should pay for it, not me

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
Sugar Dick

You're a racist hick who has never been outside of Burlington, KS and you don't know what a bus or subway looks like, you probably think it looks like a cow, and you are afraid of people, and your own shadow and you're white and you like towns and I'm smarter than you even though I'm less educated, have less wealth, and am all around a worse person, but acting socially conscience makes me a good person by proxy and better than you, even though I'm too lazy to take the glass to ripple glass, you should know that a bus system is the one thing that takes a place from good to great, the public library is a great place to beat off, EcoKat rides the bus, but I don't, but being in favor of a bus system makes me a good person, and buses are a boon to rich people so they should pay for it, not me

I don't think anybody is proposing a fare-free bus system, here.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
Sugar Dick

I don't think anybody is proposing a fare-free bus system, here.

The title of the thread is "K-State should not fund a bus system"

I replied that the people who ride it should pay for it. 

WTF are you talking about?