Author Topic: Other Games Thread [sic.]  (Read 48896 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Other Games Thread [sic.]
« Reply #575 on: February 14, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »
Besides the fact that Mason fouled the inbounder and stepped over the baseline, the official starts the count before the ball is picked up and his 5 count is maybe 3 seconds.

Unbelievably bad. WVU did plenty to lose this, but stuff like this doesn't help.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »
Ben was able to gain a measure of revenge by branding them "kU" in that exposé.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 14, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »

I noticed he was a Mizzou guy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 14, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/831518336139849728

hilarious that bill self can't get oscar weber out of his head.   oscar owns bill.  <--motto

also a quick note to bill self- your guys did NOT play hard last night because if they did they wouldn't have been down double digits with 2 minutes to go.  gmafb self, your diaper dandies are soft.  lol mhs

was just going to post this. Bill has his greatest comeback in his career and all he can talk about is oscar. So sad.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
Haha. And the ref didn't hit "5" before the ball left the player's hands. What a joke of a sequence.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
So, for giggles I just tallied up the stats for FTA's for KU and their opponent, both home and away, league play only...

In 6 away games, KU averages 2 fewer FTA's than opp's.
In 7 games at the Phog, they avg just over 12 MORE.
KU has had 2 home games so far where they have over 40 FTA's. No opp. has more than 25 FTA's @ home vs. KU.
Take from that what you will...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
i've said from the start that the play hard needs to be two things.  transparent and fair.  that ku program is a prideful group, you can't just tell them they've lost the last 7 straight on the play hard and expect them to accept it when the play hard stats are kept under wraps, the scoring decisions are never reviewed and the scorers are never made available to the media.

transparent and fair, it's the only way we're ever going to get this thing changed.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Besides the fact that Mason fouled the inbounder and stepped over the baseline, the official starts the count before the ball is picked up and his 5 count is maybe 3 seconds.

Unbelievably bad. WVU did plenty to lose this, but stuff like this doesn't help.

After Graham hits the 3, Philip taps the ball across the out of bounds line, but then didn't pick it up. As soon as the ball crossed the line, the ref started his count. Now I understand a little bit that you can't stall too much since the game clock is running....But it was out of the norm for a Ref to start the 5 count that early. They may not wait til he picks the ball up (if he is not hurrying to pick up the ball) but like I said, he had that 5 count starting as soon as Philip tapped it across the line

Now Mason being out of bounds and touching or almost touching Philip....That's just typing B12 refs not calling things in AFH. 

This play did WV no favors and as much as I get sick of KU getting the calls late in games.... WV totally "pooped the bed" as Gottlieb said.  4 TOs vs KU Press, 7 2nd chance Pts off 3 KU OR, and then 7 trips to the line to make 2 FTs, and WV came away with 8 pts in 7 trips.
All in a span of 12 Possessions.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 14, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
I thought the WVU/KU game was a good watch.  The missed calls may have flustered WVU, but they shouldn't have made the difference in the game.  I'm actually much more disappointed in the KU fans for quitting on the team early.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »
There were many times where WVU showed that a 5 second call is better than a pass at 4.5 seconds.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 14, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
This was pretty ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/831354377944326144

The exact same thing happened last year in the OU game at AFH only on the sideline.   You've already got a tight sideline at that dump as it is and then you allow KU to jump all around inside the 3 foot cushion. 

As always the number of fouls and in most cases the number of FT's is far outweighed by situational officiating.   Situational officiating has greatly helped KU, particularly during several home games this year.    No matter how much KU fans whine about it, "here comes the refs" is a real thing when playing KU, because its literally an in game paradigm shift that's almost predictable at this juncture as to when in the game it will occur.   That's why coaches playing KU have difficulty maintaining their composure and Fran (who KU fans hate) has started to point it out.  It's just blatantly obvious.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 14, 2017, 02:27:46 PM »
yes. 
it's not the foul disparity that's a problem with ku, it's the timing of when the fouls are called the creates the issue.  ku gets calls/no calls in critical moments.  a 1st half no call on the dickhead who walked a mile against us wouldn't have been a big deal. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Other Games Thread [sic.]
« Reply #588 on: February 14, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »
Yes, AFH is routinely home to some awful late game officiating, but don't you think we would start getting similar treatment at home if we won more often on the road? They've earned it.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 14, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »

The ball is out of his hand at the 4 sec mark, he picks it up around the 1 sec mark. Look how sped up the official is.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
That's awful

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 14, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
Yes, AFH is routinely home to some awful late game officiating, but don't you think we would start getting similar treatment at home if we won more often on the road? They've earned it.

There's some merit to that and I observe games with a blue blood allowance factor.   But I get to see UNC and Duke play a lot and yes, they get the benefit of the doubt more so than others, but the shift in KU games is almost like hitting a brick wall; out of the blue the phantom calls start raining down at critical moments.   In the second half it's almost like a cadence.  If you KU is behind and then starts making a little run here comes a series of calls out of effing no where, then it abates for a bit, and then if it's still tight at the end, here it come again.  It's laughingly predictable, but hey, kudos to them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 14, 2017, 05:36:29 PM »

No crap man. No one thinks there's an actual pro University of Kansas bias, that's a hilarious thought. The team is incredible and the fans are lunatics that have nothing else, the refs get caught up.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #593 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
yes. 
it's not the foul disparity that's a problem with ku, it's the timing of when the fouls are called the creates the issue.  ku gets calls/no calls in critical moments.  a 1st half no call on the dickhead who walked a mile against us wouldn't have been a big deal.

In their historic comback of 20 pts in 120 seconds they had 8 fta's for their guards on dribble drives with no foul contact. On the other end during that same stretch no fouls were called, other than fouls ku wanted to be called to extend the game. It's these bullshit free throw where their guard flails into a defender that has won or sealed so many games for them that other teams simply don't get.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »

The ball is out of his hand at the 4 sec mark, he picks it up around the 1 sec mark. Look how sped up the official is.

BITB was explaining it as: the WVU player initially grabbed the ball after it went thru the net, still in-bounds. He then released it and rolled it beyond baseline, established himself out before picking it up. So the official started that five count wayyy early. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
it should have been explained as how the rule is written-  the official can begin his count as soon as he gives the ball to the inbounding player

which is what he did.  the player dropped the ball which is unfortunate for wvu

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 15, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
it should have been explained as how the rule is written-  the official can begin his count as soon as he gives the ball to the inbounding player

which is what he did.  the player dropped the ball which is unfortunate for wvu

That makes more sense then. I made the assumption that the player picking the ball up at the beginning of the video was the first time he picked it up.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »
I did not think the official touched the ball on that possession. Has this been confirmed?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 15, 2017, 09:39:45 AM »
I did not think the official touched the ball on that possession. Has this been confirmed?

the official doesn't need to and looking back, i think you're right
wvu player grabbed ball, took it out of bounds to inbound the ball, dropped it, picked it back up, tried to inbound, got assualted by frank mason, 5 second call

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 15, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »

the official doesn't need to and looking back, i think you're right
wvu player grabbed ball, took it out of bounds to inbound the ball, dropped it, picked it back up, tried to inbound, got assualted by frank mason, 5 second call

Phillip grabbed ball for a split second in bounds, dropped it and it rolled across the out of bounds line. The ref almost immediately starts his count when the ball crosses the line. Philip actually looks at the ref and he has already counted a 1 count

Hey, Phillip was trying to stall. Normally I believe the ref will give you a second to pick the ball up. If you don't and just let the ball sit there, he has every right to start his count.  This ref didn't, he started it as soon as the ball crossed the line and on the ground.  His cadence on his count is consistent til the end when the 5th count is done quickly. More like a 4.7 second count.