Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4101834 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #31325 on: July 27, 2021, 11:00:45 AM »
LOL.

I can certainly see the merger, but not without those two schools.  I can kind of see KU, because a .4 TV rating for football ain't gonna impress anyone and basketball simply doesn't matter very much, at all.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31326 on: July 27, 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
Do you think it's Jay boy or like juh-boy.
I pronounce it j'boy which probably sounds like juh-boy for all intents and purposes.  :th_twocents:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31327 on: July 27, 2021, 12:04:59 PM »
Give me one reason why the PAC would take KSU, OSU, ISU, and NOT Tech. I can see the case being made for KU with them wanting to be in the big 10 instead and their football program a dumpster fire, but Tech offers that pipeline in to Texas and has a solid following in the revenue sports.

I bet he got KSU mixed up with KU.   :cry:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31328 on: July 27, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »
Also, and my apologies for not mentioning this first, I think JBoy knows exactly dick.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31329 on: July 27, 2021, 12:08:21 PM »
UNLESS, Tech and KU go to a different cool kid conference?!?!   :eek:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31330 on: July 27, 2021, 12:28:21 PM »
Jboy prob forgot about us all together. Do you not remember the DOD, jboy
?!?!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31331 on: July 27, 2021, 01:02:42 PM »
Give me one reason why the PAC would take KSU, OSU, ISU, and NOT Tech. I can see the case being made for KU with them wanting to be in the big 10 instead and their football program a dumpster fire, but Tech offers that pipeline in to Texas and has a solid following in the revenue sports.

I'd also reckon if need be Mahomes could throw his half a billy around to keep things going
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31332 on: July 27, 2021, 01:12:40 PM »
I don't really believe that Tech offers much of a pipeline into Texas. And their following appears to be even worse than ours.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31333 on: July 27, 2021, 01:13:10 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

I cannot confirm all of the details below and, therefore, I am not reporting the following. I want to be very clear about that. But you all subscribe to RRS in large part because you want an inside look at what is going on with Texas Tech athletics, and there's obviously a lot going on. This is an instance, and there will likely be more instances like this in the coming days and weeks, where I feel good enough about certain details lining up with what I've heard elsewhere to pass it along. Let's call it informed chatter.

I spoke with a long-time source with close ties to Oklahoma State today. Here's what he told me:

... Mike Holder, Oklahoma State's former athletic director, has been working with various individuals at Texas Tech with the objective of getting the Red Raiders and Cowboys into the Pac-12.

... Oklahoma State may have a chance at a Big Ten invitation.

... If Oklahoma State goes to the Pac-12 with Texas Tech, it would likely be as part of a foursome that includes Kansas and Kansas State.

... If Oklahoma State ends up in the Big Ten, then Texas Tech, TCU and two others would end up in the Pac-12.

... The source thinks that Oklahoma State wants to stay linked with Texas Tech but that only happens with the Pac-12.

... The reports that the Big Ten is considering USC is great news for Texas Tech and possibly Oklahoma State because Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff will want to keep USC happy and expansion into Texas does that.

... Nothing will happen until the SEC officially accepts Oklahoma and Texas as members, which could happen on Friday at some point. That will get the ball rolling.

see you at Sugarfish for sush brahs
emaw

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31334 on: July 27, 2021, 01:30:48 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

I cannot confirm all of the details below and, therefore, I am not reporting the following. I want to be very clear about that. But you all subscribe to RRS in large part because you want an inside look at what is going on with Texas Tech athletics, and there's obviously a lot going on. This is an instance, and there will likely be more instances like this in the coming days and weeks, where I feel good enough about certain details lining up with what I've heard elsewhere to pass it along. Let's call it informed chatter.

I spoke with a long-time source with close ties to Oklahoma State today. Here's what he told me:

... Mike Holder, Oklahoma State's former athletic director, has been working with various individuals at Texas Tech with the objective of getting the Red Raiders and Cowboys into the Pac-12.

... If Oklahoma State goes to the Pac-12 with Texas Tech, it would likely be as part of a foursome that includes Kansas and Kansas State.

... If Oklahoma State ends up in the Big Ten, then Texas Tech, TCU and two others would end up in the Pac-12.

... The source thinks that Oklahoma State wants to stay linked with Texas Tech but that only happens with the Pac-12.

... The reports that the Big Ten is considering USC is great news for Texas Tech and possibly Oklahoma State because Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff will want to keep USC happy and expansion into Texas does that.

... Nothing will happen until the SEC officially accepts Oklahoma and Texas as members, which could happen on Friday at some point. That will get the ball rolling.

I'd totes do a TT-OSU-KU-KSU to the Pac-12
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31335 on: July 27, 2021, 01:36:03 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

Any scenario that lands us in a legitimate conference is a hard yes with no questions asked
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31336 on: July 27, 2021, 01:38:44 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

i went to the one on 2nd street in santa monica and wasn't super impressed.  i know, people LOVE sugarfish.  i didn't, sue me.  LOL. 
k-state to PAC 12, no other b12 teams get invited.  <--theClamsKSU predicto

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31337 on: July 27, 2021, 01:41:38 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

i went to the one on 2nd street in santa monica and wasn't super impressed.  i know, people LOVE sugarfish.  i didn't, sue me.  LOL. 
k-state to PAC 12, no other b12 teams get invited.  <--theClamsKSU predicto

Santa Monica?  you’re crazy, the 10 is going to be slammed at this hour
emaw

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31338 on: July 27, 2021, 01:44:22 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

Any scenario that lands us in a legitimate conference is a hard yes with no questions asked

In all seriousness, if someone offered a spot with only a 1/2 share of revenue we should take it.  It would still be more money than we would get in the Big12 Leftovers.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31339 on: July 27, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
We need to hitch our wagon to that lucrative Lubbock Texas pipeline imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31340 on: July 27, 2021, 01:50:34 PM »
I remember theClamsKSU predicto of KSU being invited to the SEC last time around.  Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read.  Wish I knew what thread that was. 

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31341 on: July 27, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »
Wouldn't it be weird if the Pac-12 and SEC shared a state?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31342 on: July 27, 2021, 02:05:56 PM »
from TTU rivals guy

Oklahoma State with a Big 10 invitation? Y'all! Come on, really? Pfft. This is all too much. Oklahoma State, Big 10, my god

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31343 on: July 27, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »
Are we still working on the 2025 Visionary Plan?  How close are we to AAU membership?

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31344 on: July 27, 2021, 02:17:27 PM »
This AAU thing seems kinda dumb...
"The AAU acts as a lobbyist at its headquarters in Washington, DC, for research and higher education funding and for policy and regulatory issues affecting research universities. The association holds two meetings annually, both in Washington. Separate meetings are held for university presidents, provosts, and other officials. Because the meetings are private, they offer the opportunity for discussion without media coverage. Prominent government officials, businessmen, and others often speak to the groups."
Dax fan club member!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31345 on: July 27, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »
This AAU thing seems kinda dumb...
"The AAU acts as a lobbyist at its headquarters in Washington, DC, for research and higher education funding and for policy and regulatory issues affecting research universities. The association holds two meetings annually, both in Washington. Separate meetings are held for university presidents, provosts, and other officials. Because the meetings are private, they offer the opportunity for discussion without media coverage. Prominent government officials, businessmen, and others often speak to the groups."

Yeah, it's an awful group. Prestigious, and would be to K-State's benefit to be a member, but still awful.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31346 on: July 27, 2021, 02:22:05 PM »
If it makes K-state more money then good deal, but for me I gave zero fucks about it when selecting what Architecture school to go to.
Also sounds like it's a pain in the ass to "get into" if you don't have Medical schools.
I find it funny for being a requirement for schools to be in a conference to play one another in sports...
Dax fan club member!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31347 on: July 27, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »
If it makes K-state more money then good deal, but for me I gave zero fucks about it when selecting what Architecture school to go to.
Also sounds like it's a pain in the ass to "get into" if you don't have Medical schools.
I find it funny for being a requirement for schools to be in a conference to play one another in sports...

AAU only mattered in the olden days when people pretended that realignment wasn't just about money.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31348 on: July 27, 2021, 02:33:24 PM »
The only non-money thing that might actually matter in this is non-revenue sports. The Pac schools really seem to care about them for some reason. I could see that being an obvious reason for them to take an OSU over a KSU.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31349 on: July 27, 2021, 02:34:37 PM »
The only non-money thing that might actually matter in this is non-revenue sports. The Pac schools really seem to care about them for some reason. I could see that being an obvious reason for them to take an OSU over a KSU.

If I had to bet a bajillion dollars on that, I'd bet that non-revenue sports mean absolutely nothing in this to anyone.