Author Topic: Juicing: Do you own a juicer? Post recipes, and get to know other juicers ITT  (Read 3089 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I don't remember posting all this juicing hate in here, but I would do it again.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
seems like a lot of work

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The real benefits of juicing are the crap no one even drinks anyway.  I bet none of the assholes in this thread juice up a nice glass of spinach and kale.

You have to cut that kale juice with something or else it's undrinkable.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
On a side note, you can make killer bloody mary mix with it.
@mikec2w

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, once my tomato crop comes in, i'm planning on buying this bad boy

Just the attachment, i already own a stand mixer.  Anyway, i'm going to make all the bigger tomatoes into salsa, but all my cherry tomatoes and the skins/pulp that didn't go into the salsa is getting ran through that thing to make/can about half a dozen pints of homemade bloody mary mix (which if you've never tried homemade bloody mary mix, is awesome)

:emawkid:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
yeah, green smoothies are the way to go (and less work!) juicing is very wasteful.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
yeah, green smoothies are the way to go (and less work!) juicing is very wasteful.
spin off thread?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
The real benefits of juicing are the crap no one even drinks anyway.  I bet none of the assholes in this thread juice up a nice glass of spinach and kale.

You have to cut that kale juice with something or else it's undrinkable.
yeah.  I was surprised with how strong of a taste kale had when I started using it in my morning berry smoothie in place of spinach.  I could use 2 huge handfuls of spinach in 48 ozs. of smoothie and not taste it at all.  even half that much kale really adds a different flavor.  I'll probably go to half and half kale and spinach. 

the main thing I'm pumped about is being able to use whole carrots rather than 100% carrot juice from a bottle.  as rusty pointed out, I'm sure that carrot juice I buy is juiced rather than blended so it wastes a lot of the benefits of the carrot.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Just the attachment, i already own a stand mixer.  Anyway, i'm going to make all the bigger tomatoes into salsa, but all my cherry tomatoes and the skins/pulp that didn't go into the salsa is getting ran through that thing to make/can about half a dozen pints of homemade bloody mary mix (which if you've never tried homemade bloody mary mix, is awesome)

Mom BR uses that attachment to seed blackberries in the summer for jam after we pick gallons and gallons of berries at the farm.  It's pretty slick.  Why not just boil them in a little water to cook and remove skin then blend?  It's not like the seeds are that tough.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Mom BR uses that attachment to seed blackberries in the summer for jam after we pick gallons and gallons of berries at the farm.  It's pretty slick.  Why not just boil them in a little water to cook and remove skin then blend?  It's not like the seeds are that tough.

I've always found the resulting juice from merely blended tomatoes, even when made from less pulpy tomatoes like cherry tomatoes, is far too thick to be very paltable... more of a tomato milk shake... and while healthy and delicious, i'm sure, when i'm getting my morning pak on, I can't be slowed down by viscosity.