Author Topic: Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
Is there anything I should be doing to avoid being assassinated by Obama?

don't leave the country.

Should avoid having brown skin too

and a funny last name.

"Anwahr Ala...  Ala...  Alawah...  NOT 'MERICAN - WHO CARES!?!"

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

don't leave the country.

and a funny last name.

Umm... the only reason anyone is bitching about this is because these guys were born in the United States.  I could give a crap less if he's black, white, brown, yellow, or green.  These guys were working for al Qaeda and had already been involved in multiple terrorist attacks.  The 16 year-old kid would have probably ended up just like his piece of crap, anti-American, Koran thumping father.  I mean if you want to go to Yemen and start working for al Qaeda, be my guest.  That's not a right I'm willing to fight for.

Ehh, bombing his entire family makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Family dynamics are a little different over there. His wife is likely still with him out of fear, rather than love and support. If we can fly two choppers into pakistan and raid a compound, that seems a little bit more humane than "eff it, bomb the brownies"

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

don't leave the country.

and a funny last name.

Umm... the only reason anyone is bitching about this is because these guys were born in the United States.  I could give a crap less if he's black, white, brown, yellow, or green.  These guys were working for al Qaeda and had already been involved in multiple terrorist attacks.  The 16 year-old kid would have probably ended up just like his piece of crap, anti-American, Koran thumping father.  I mean if you want to go to Yemen and start working for al Qaeda, be my guest.  That's not a right I'm willing to fight for.

Ehh, bombing his entire family makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Family dynamics are a little different over there. His wife is likely still with him out of fear, rather than love and support. If we can fly two choppers into pakistan and raid a compound, that seems a little bit more humane than "eff it, bomb the brownies"

I see your point, but these guys were driving away in a car when the drone hit them.  The first option was to arrest al-awlaki, but it sounds like he was very good at avoiding contact with outside sources, so their options were limited.  It would have been nice if the Yemen government had tried to help, but they didn't.  Also keep in mind that we didn't take bin Laden alive, either. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
pretty wild that people discard pretty basic rights granted by the constitution because

1.  doing otherwise would be too expensive and
2.  the minor probably would've turned out a terrorist anyways.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »
But death from above is just so damn exhilirating
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:45 PM »
pretty wild that people discard pretty basic rights granted by the constitution because

1.  doing otherwise would be too expensive and
2.  the minor probably would've turned out a terrorist anyways.

This.
:adios:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »

The fact that you just said "The 16 year-old kid would have probably..."  disturbs the crap out of me.

How long before protesting against large government results in someone "probably" becoming a terrorist.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
Stop the Executive Branch from being judge, jury and executioner . . . Unless a Democrat is President.

SANA, Yemen — Late last August, a 40-year-old cleric named Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber stood up to deliver a speech denouncing Al Qaeda in a village mosque in far eastern Yemen.

It was a brave gesture by a father of seven who commanded great respect in the community, and it did not go unnoticed. Two days later, three members of Al Qaeda came to the mosque in the tiny village of Khashamir after 9 p.m., saying they merely wanted to talk. Mr. Jaber agreed to meet them, bringing his cousin Waleed Abdullah, a police officer, for protection.

As the five men stood arguing by a cluster of palm trees, a volley of remotely operated American missiles shot down from the night sky and incinerated them all, along with a camel that was tied up nearby.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/world/middleeast/with-brennan-pick-a-light-on-drone-strikes-hazards.html?_r=0

Throw the lead and count the dead . . . but only if a Democrat is President.

But they have also claimed civilians like Mr. Jaber and have raised troubling questions that apply to Pakistan and Somalia as well: Could the targeted killing campaign be creating more militants in Yemen than it is killing? And is it in America’s long-term interest to be waging war against a self-renewing insurgency inside a country about which Washington has at best a hazy understanding?

Several former top military and intelligence officials — including Stanley A. McChrystal, the retired general who led the Joint Special Operations Command, which has responsibility for the military’s drone strikes, and Michael V. Hayden, the former C.I.A. director — have raised concerns that the drone wars in Pakistan and Yemen are increasingly targeting low-level militants who do not pose a direct threat to the United States.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Obama's Assassination Memo aka: His White Paper
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »

don't leave the country.

and a funny last name.

I see your point, but these guys were driving away in a car when the drone hit them.  The first option was to arrest al-awlaki, but it sounds like he was very good at avoiding contact with outside sources, so their options were limited.  It would have been nice if the Yemen government had tried to help, but they didn't.  Also keep in mind that we didn't take bin Laden alive, either.

Well yeah, but we did it without murdering his children.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
Stop the Executive Branch from being judge, jury and executioner . . . Unless a Democrat is President.

Isn't that article questioning our policies?
:adios:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »
it really shouldn't have anything to do with an individual being an American or not.  Hit list should not exist.  Rules of engagement indicate that an individual cannot be engaged until until they are the aggressor.  Conspiring to commit terrorism does not give authority for anyone to engage them. 

Perhaps this is a bad analogy, but this is how I see it.  If you witness an individual paying a hit man to kill someone, you do not- nor does any government agency - have authority to use lethal force to bring them to justice.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:15:55 PM by HeinBallz »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »
There's a whole other flip side to ROE.  I contend that a military officer should be able to intervene in a heinous act with lethal force if necessary.  The decision making shouldn't go to a grand jury or something.  Obviously that's not what we're talking about here directly, but consider the flip side.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
What makes a military officer different than you or I?  Naturally we all have a right to use lethal force to stop someone  from causing critical harm or death on another individual - but stopping and preventing are two very different things.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
What makes a military officer different than you or I?  Naturally we all have a right to use lethal force to stop someone  from causing critical harm or death on another individual - but stopping and preventing are two very different things.

Training and tools, mostly.  I assume we're still talking about international scenarios.  For example if some dude is driving a car bomb somewhere and some Apache pilot witnessed the loading of explosives or whatever, he shouldn't have to go up the chain to neutralize an imminent threat the innocents.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »
Loading a car full of bombs is not what I'm talking about.  Conspiring is not the same as taking action.  I would consider a known terrorist loading a car up with bombs or planting ied's as beyond the planning stage. 

The point I'm making is unless the 16 year old kid was walking into a crowded center with bombs strapped to him or running around firing an AK into a group of people - whether he's American or not holds no bearing on being assassinated.  Conspiring warrants an arrest and a trial with potential for life in prison.  It does not warrant a death sentence, with or without due process.  I would say that goes for all humanity - not just citizens.  I would say Osama bin laden deserved a trial even - unless he was pulling a gun on the seals, why not take him in?  Allow his accusers the right to face him.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »
I agree.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »
Bottom line:  Regardless of if you Hate Bush or Obama - Looking back, Would you have given power to Bush knowing Obama would abuse it? Are you willing to give power to Obama, that the next "Bush" can abuse? 

This started with the Patriot Act & Bush.  The NDAA was written by McCain & endorsed by nearly every politician holding an office - Especially Obama. 

This should sicken everyone.

This is a great thread... glad to see some light being shed on this subject.

Just pointing something out for you, Hein... Joe Biden happily admits that he 'wrote' the Patriot Act. The Bush Admin. simply implemented it. This should only further arouse conspiracy theorists, and rightfully so.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/politics/rhetorical-question#

In the wake of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, Biden did, in fact, champion an anti-terrorism bill similar to the one now before Congress (though it was, as he complains, badly watered down by anti-government conservatives and leftist civil libertarians). And Biden doesn't let you forget it. "I introduced the terrorism bill in '94 that had a lot of these things in it," he bragged to NBC's Tim Russert on September 30. When I spent the day with him later that week, Biden mentioned the legislation to me, and to several other reporters he encountered, no fewer than seven times. "When I was chairman in '94 I introduced a major antiterrorism bill--back then," he says in the morning, flashing a knowing grin and pausing for effect. (Never mind that he's gotten the year wrong.) Back in his office later that afternoon, he brings it up yet again. "I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill." You don't say.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »
Dr. Obama, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Drone

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »

No doubt we could place small thermonuclear devices on ze drones  . . . firing ze weapons into enemy villages . . . of course not before we remove ze women with the most prodigious sexual and physical capabilities.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »

No doubt we could place small thermonuclear devices on ze drones  . . . firing ze weapons into enemy villages . . . of course not before we remove ze women with the most prodigious sexual and physical capabilities.
guys no one is taking the position here you want them to.  Add to the discussion. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 01:52:34 AM »

SANA, Yemen — Late last August, a 40-year-old cleric named Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber stood up to deliver a speech denouncing Al Qaeda in a village mosque in far eastern Yemen.

It was a brave gesture by a father of seven who commanded great respect in the community, and it did not go unnoticed. Two days later, three members of Al Qaeda came to the mosque in the tiny village of Khashamir after 9 p.m., saying they merely wanted to talk. Mr. Jaber agreed to meet them, bringing his cousin Waleed Abdullah, a police officer, for protection.

As the five men stood arguing by a cluster of palm trees, a volley of remotely operated American missiles shot down from the night sky and incinerated them all, along with a camel that was tied up nearby.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/world/middleeast/with-brennan-pick-a-light-on-drone-strikes-hazards.html?_r=0

Throw the lead and count the dead . . . but only if a Democrat is President.

But they have also claimed civilians like Mr. Jaber and have raised troubling questions that apply to Pakistan and Somalia as well: Could the targeted killing campaign be creating more militants in Yemen than it is killing? And is it in America’s long-term interest to be waging war against a self-renewing insurgency inside a country about which Washington has at best a hazy understanding?

Several former top military and intelligence officials — including Stanley A. McChrystal, the retired general who led the Joint Special Operations Command, which has responsibility for the military’s drone strikes, and Michael V. Hayden, the former C.I.A. director — have raised concerns that the drone wars in Pakistan and Yemen are increasingly targeting low-level militants who do not pose a direct threat to the United States.

You're such a dork.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:53 AM »
Reality stings sometimes cRusty, no need to lash out.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
Rusty rarely lashes out anymore. I kinda miss mean michcat.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

The reality is that Obama is catching a hell of a lot of crap for this bullshit, even in the articles you link that I'm assuming you're using in evidence that people are excusing what Obama's doing...BECAUSE A DEMOCRAT IS PRESIDENT.

Not much to be angry about when you live in beautiful California. what're ya gonna do?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »

The reality is that Obama is catching a hell of a lot of crap for this bullshit, even in the articles you link that I'm assuming you're using in evidence that people are excusing what Obama's doing...BECAUSE A DEMOCRAT IS PRESIDENT.

Not much to be angry about when you live in beautiful California. what're ya gonna do?

Those comments weren't directed at you cRusty, you and others clearly get it, some clearly do not.