Author Topic: Kiss Cam  (Read 2907 times)

Sugar Dick

Kiss Cam
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »

Gay activists ask St. Louis Cardinals for Kiss Cam on them

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/16/2228191/gay-activists-ask-st-louis-cardinals.html#ixzz0zp2sbhyc

ST. LOUIS | The between-innings "Kiss Cam" is a popular feature at Busch Stadium and other ballparks — the video board showing a couple, then waiting for a smooch. Now, gay activists in St. Louis are urging the Cardinals to show same-sex couples kissing their partners, too.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that at least 200 gays and lesbians will be at Busch Stadium on Saturday as part of an "Out at the Ballpark" promotion organized by the nonprofit group St. Louis Pride.

The request to the Cardinals was spurred by a Kiss Cam incident at Sunday's St. Louis Rams game. The camera zeroed in on two men dressed in jerseys of the opposing team, the Arizona Cardinals. The crowd laughed, then booed when the men tried to shoo away the camera.

Gays found it offensive, including many who were talking about it at Just John's, a St. Louis gay bar, manager Harrison Roberts said.

"They all had the same reaction. They were embarrassed, and felt a little degraded," said Roberts, who will be among those at Saturday's game and who is leading the effort to get the Busch Stadium Kiss Cam to focus on gay couples.

The Cardinals say they'll make no promises.

"Our stance is, we'll put you on the request list, no guarantees," said Tony Simokaitis, director of scoreboard operations. "We look for lively areas, full areas where people are in their seats, watching the video board, somewhat paying attention. We try to get as many people in as we can in the minute and a half between innings. There's not a lot of time to allow us to make calculated judgments in terms of demographics."

Last year, the WNBA's Washington Mystics' managing partner said she found the Kiss Cam inappropriate at a place where children gather. Gay groups said the decision was made because the crowds at women's basketball games include a large number of lesbians.

Cardinals spokesman Chris Tunno said it is the awkward moments that the Cardinals worry about.

"Do you pick a guy and a girl? And what if you pick someone who is not together? And two guys and two girls? Same thing. You'd be in a total mess."

Ethan Barnett, director of athletics for Pride St. Louis, said the Kiss Cam incident "coincides perfectly" with the Pride St. Louis ballpark trip by bringing awareness to the group and its primary cause: Raising awareness of gay rights issues.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/16/2228191/gay-activists-ask-st-louis-cardinals.html#ixzz0zp2mIjp4

:barf:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Re: Kiss Cam
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »
Will Flag guy and the Purple Swan be in KC or St. Louis this Saturday?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
if its 2 good looking women, that is fine

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »
So if two guys go to a game, and they are not lovers, and the cam shows them, are they expected to kiss?  What about 2 brothers? 

Everyone gives a big "awwww" when the elderly couple kiss, but what if it was two elderly guys?  I think it would be "ewwww."

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
Soooo pitchers and catchers on the field......AND in the stands.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:24 PM »
I'd kiss some hot guy if it got me some elite kiss cam time.  Medium to low hottness guys would be left hanging. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:36 PM »
it's ok, sugar dick.  keep on believin, bro, and one day you will end up getting a kiss on the kiss cam.  (no homo)

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 06:45:01 AM »
lesbians are hot.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:20 AM »
lesbians are hot.

none of the ones I know are

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
lesbians are hot.

Only met two in my life.  They also happened to be dorm roomates that never locked their door. 
3021  RIP

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:58:11 AM »
So if two guys go to a game, and they are not lovers, and the cam shows them, are they expected to kiss?  What about 2 brothers? 

They get fathers and daughters or brothers and sisters or coed friends all the time.  It's funny.  I'm sure seeing the look on your face if you and Dirty Sanchez went to a game together and got put on the kiss cam would be even funnier.  I'm really having a hard time seeing the downside here.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »

They get fathers and daughters or brothers and sisters or coed friends all the time.  It's funny.  I'm sure seeing the look on your face if you and Dirty Sanchez went to a game together and got put on the kiss cam would be even funnier.  I'm really having a hard time seeing the downside here.

I'd hump your leg if they put you and I on the kiss cam.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 07:32:36 AM »
lesbians are hot.

....and you live where????? :users:

Nothing wrong with some "HOT" lesbian action on a KISS cam.............

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
I used to work with a hot lesbian that always dated hot lesbians.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »
I used to work with a hot lesbian that always dated hot lesbians.

I actually know a lesbian who looks like a dorkier version of Harry Potter. She pulls the finest tail of any fellow vag-chaser that I know. I've seriously considered asking her for love-making tips. I bet she's just fantastic.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
Kiss Cam's should be completely outlawed.  Unless they can prove that a seemingly white heterosexual couple are both Protestants, then it's morally repugnant to put that on the video boards for public display.