Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321166 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1175 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
This is great. These dudes put a health care site together that works.

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Meet the Health Sherpa, the website HealthCare.gov probably should have been. George Kalogeropoulos, Ning Liang and Michael Wasser saw the troubled launch and decided they could do a better health care enrolment website better than the government and, by golly, they succeeded. The Health Sherpa makes it ridiculously easy for anyone to compare health care plans covered under Obamacare in 34 states. (They left out the 16 states with existing marketplace sites, though it seems support for those states is coming soon.) The result is a simple, beautiful, remarkably responsive website that anyone could use.

I can't get Platinum coverage in Kansas?  Seriously?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 11, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »
This is great. These dudes put a health care site together that works.

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Meet the Health Sherpa, the website HealthCare.gov probably should have been. George Kalogeropoulos, Ning Liang and Michael Wasser saw the troubled launch and decided they could do a better health care enrolment website better than the government and, by golly, they succeeded. The Health Sherpa makes it ridiculously easy for anyone to compare health care plans covered under Obamacare in 34 states. (They left out the 16 states with existing marketplace sites, though it seems support for those states is coming soon.) The result is a simple, beautiful, remarkably responsive website that anyone could use.

I can't get Platinum coverage in Kansas?  Seriously?

You can get platinum coverage if you go to page 9 of the plans.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
Sure you can. BCBS PPO.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »
Filter must not work.  If I use the button selector for Platinum only I get 0 options.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 11, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »
Filter must not work.  If I use the button selector for Platinum only I get 0 options.

I tried 2 different zip codes with the platinum selector and had 2 options. No platinum in some zip codes?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 11, 2013, 04:07:15 PM »
Its a Johnson County zip.  66215

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
IMPEACH THE HEALTH SHERPA!

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 11, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

I'd cut the Sherpa a break since they did it for free in about 2 weeks.

We fought WWII in less time than the admin has had to get their website working, not to mention a 200 million dollar budget.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 11, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »

Use 66046 Douglas county and it will give you a close estimate.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 11, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »

We fought WWII in less time than the admin has had to get their website working, not to mention a 200 million dollar budget.

I think the government should probably sue their contractor.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 12, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »

I think the government should probably sue their contractor.

If it's like everything else the administration has done, it will boil down to a favor paid off for a campaign contribution, so there will be no retribution or lawsuits.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31:48 AM »
I have 189 out of pocket and 1500 deductible this year.

Thanks Obama

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
I have 189 out of pocket and 1500 deductible this year.

Thanks Obama
  ouch!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:33 AM »
By the way the health sherpa doesn't do anything more than the Kaiser Family FOundation's page which health.gov has linked to for a long time.

Also its less accurate than kff.org.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1189 on: November 13, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
By the way, people were so excited to sign up for health insurance that like less than 1% of the 45 million people that couldn't get insurance before, and desperately wanted it, signed up for it last month.  So, if you still aren't sure what a clusterfuck this law is, you're a troglodyte.

Meanwhile businesses between the size of 40-100 are making a calculated decision not to hire people, to cut full time work, and hire more part time people.  So, the middle class is makikg less and now on the hook for their own insurance, meaning they either have even less discretionary income or are choosing to be uninsured.

Slow clap.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
By the way, people were so excited to sign up for health insurance that like less than 1% of the 45 million people that couldn't get insurance before, and desperately wanted it, signed up for it last month.  So, if you still aren't sure what a clusterfuck this law is, you're a troglodyte.

Meanwhile businesses between the size of 40-100 are making a calculated decision not to hire people, to cut full time work, and hire more part time people.  So, the middle class is makikg less and now on the hook for their own insurance, meaning they either have even less discretionary income or are choosing to be uninsured.

Slow clap.
just keep doubling down on your lies
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/a-job-killing-law/
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 13, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »

Slow clap.

I don't think the people who are getting cut back to part time were ever in the middle class to begin with, but yeah, it sucks for them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 14, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

Slow clap.

Well there you have it, FSD, a "fact check" from 2011!  Boom. Case closed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 14, 2013, 09:20:04 AM »
Sorry guys, been slammed at work lately, but there's still plenty of crap news emerging about America's Biggest Mistake. How bout those enrollment numbers? :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/13/Obamacare-enrollment-numbers-shockingly-low Looks like the losers are going to way outnumber the winners, but that's libtardism for ya!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 14, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/nancy-pelosi-obamacare-problems-99859.html

A fix is coming!!!! Yes, this should work - we'll just change the regs so everyone can keep their existing insurance (and ignore the fact that ObamaCare needs these people to pay more for coverage they don't need to subsidize the guaranteed issue for sick people.) :whistle1: :lol:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 14, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
This had to happen

The Associated Press ?@AP  1m 
BREAKING: President Obama says states and insurers can extend current policies canceled under health law for 1 year.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 14, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »
How can Obama unilaterally go against a bill that's signed into law?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 14, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
How can Obama unilaterally go against a bill that's signed into law?

You mean kind of like how he unilaterally delayed the employer mandate by a year, or exempted congress? That's easy. The law is whatever he says it is, period.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 14, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »
This extension sounds like a huge win for the people who are super pissed about Obamacare.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1199 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »
http://m.bizjournals.com/wichita/news/news-wire/2013/11/13/survey-obamacare-leading-many.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2013-11-13&r=full

Slow clap.

If you don't think this hurts jobs, the economy, the middle class, you are insane, obtuse, delusional, so on and so forth.

As to the "lies", you can read the link.

Also, a 40 hour a ween person with benefits is very likely middle class.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd