Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321182 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #800 on: October 18, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »
Good news, everyone, Obamacare is causing an increase in employment. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obamacare-woes-widen-as-insurers-get-wrong-data-2013-10-18

Insurers say the federal health-care marketplace is generating flawed data that is straining their ability to handle even the trickle of enrollees who have gotten through so far, in a sign that technological problems extend further than the website traffic and software issues already identified.

Emerging errors include duplicate enrollments, spouses reported as children, missing data fields and suspect eligibility determinations, say executives at more than a dozen health plans. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Nebraska said it had to hire temporary workers to contact new customers directly to resolve inaccuracies in submissions. Medical Mutual of Ohio said one customer had successfully signed up for three of its plans.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 18, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 18, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:50 PM »
Sounds like we need to scrap this whole exchange altogether and just go right to a  Single Payer system, huh K-S-U-Wildcats!?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 18, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
Sounds like we need to scrap this whole exchange altogether and just go right to a  Single Payer system, huh K-S-U-Wildcats!?

yeah, not real sure why we didn't just do that in the first place.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »

yeah, not real sure why we didn't just do that in the first place.

I think its because nobody wants it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
wtf is single payer?  It sounds awful.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15:28 PM »

Rationed health care and death panels run by our super efficient government. They're doing such a great job with the obmacare roll-out some people think they should take over 100%.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2013, 11:41:40 PM »

Rationed health care and death panels run by our super efficient government. They're doing such a great job with the obmacare roll-out some people think they should take over 100%.

Oh, so like the entire health industry would be controlled by our government?   Interesting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:31 AM »

Yeah, it's a pretty remarkable disconnect, even for libtards, but you just can't fix stupid. I'm guessing this will be Hillary's big push in 2016.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 21, 2013, 12:46:02 AM »
Odd, a whole bunch of insurers are canceling policies due to ObamaCare. I guess they're all reading "the law" wrong. Chum should explain to them that all these mandates actually took effect years ago.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/10/18/205847/for-thousands-keeping-your-old.html

The Big Train

« Reply #811 on: October 21, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »
Many carriers are canceling policies Dec 31, some in March, April 2014.  Most are pulling out of the major med market and switching to "hospital specific indemnity plans" which reduce exposure considerably because the plans have set limits. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 21, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »

Yeah, it's a pretty remarkable disconnect, even for libtards, but you just can't fix stupid. I'm guessing this will be Hillary's big push in 2016.

healthcare shouldn't be a for profit industry, just like firefighting.  it should be a service provided by the government to it's citizens, paid for by taxes, just like other services.

that's not to say that private healthcare shouldn't be available as well for those that wish to go that route.

the disconnect is republicans thinking it's ok to make massive profits off of sick people.

The Big Train

« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:02 AM »

healthcare shouldn't be a for profit industry, just like firefighting.  it should be a service provided by the government to it's citizens, paid for by taxes, just like other services.

that's not to say that private healthcare shouldn't be available as well for those that wish to go that route.

the disconnect is republicans thinking it's ok to make massive profits off of sick people.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:23 AM »
Odd, a whole bunch of insurers are canceling policies due to ObamaCare. I guess they're all reading "the law" wrong. Chum should explain to them that all these mandates actually took effect years ago.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/10/18/205847/for-thousands-keeping-your-old.html

Good catch.  That's one of many inaccuracies in that misleading article.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2013, 01:49:31 AM »

yeah I heard millions of Canadians are about to riot because of it.  Litres of maple syrup will be spilt. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2013, 07:22:14 AM »

yeah I heard millions of Canadians are about to riot because of it.  Litres of maple syrup will be spilt.

Canadians hate their healthcare system.  Good grief, you are one misinformed idiot.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »

Canadians hate their healthcare system.  Good grief, you are one misinformed idiot.

I think "hate" might be too strong a word. The few Canadians I know seem incapable of "hating" anything. They're kind of like a whole country full of Mormons. They don't seem really mad about their taxes (VAT, etc.) - they've just kind of accepted it. Same with their healthcare. Basically, the ones I've talked to say it's neat that they don't have to "pay" out of pocket for it, but it sucks how long you have to wait for even routine treatment, doctor selection is limited, and it's an even longer wait for most surgeries and specialized procedures. They just kind of shrug their shoulders.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »

I know, right? Where do they keep finding all these liars who claim to have sent/received cancellation notices? Probably a bunch of Republican activists.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
Good news though, I think Obama has found about a dozen (sick) people who actually signed up for insurance, and he's flying them in to provide a backdrop for his latest "remain calm" speech today. I wonder if one of them will be Obamachad?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 21, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
Good news though, I think Obama has found about a dozen (sick) people who actually signed up for insurance, and he's flying them in to provide a backdrop for his latest "remain calm" speech today. I wonder if one of them will be Obamachad?

I hope Obamachad makes the trip. I can't wait to get a look at all of these sick deadbeats who are going to get the healthcare that they most certainly do not deserve.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

I know, right? Where do they keep finding all these liars who claim to have sent/received cancellation notices? Probably a bunch of Republican activists.

Policies get cancelled every year for a variety of business related reasons.  One thing we should definitely do, though, is expect that the people talking about this are citing the correct reasons and not just confused.  Much like the people on this board, they wouldn't talk about something if they didn't truly know what they were talking about.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »

I think "hate" might be too strong a word. The few Canadians I know seem incapable of "hating" anything. They're kind of like a whole country full of Mormons. They don't seem really mad about their taxes (VAT, etc.) - they've just kind of accepted it. Same with their healthcare. Basically, the ones I've talked to say it's neat that they don't have to "pay" out of pocket for it, but it sucks how long you have to wait for even routine treatment, doctor selection is limited, and it's an even longer wait for most surgeries and specialized procedures. They just kind of shrug their shoulders.
Facts are for commies!
http://www.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »

Blame the government. They're the ones propping up the massive medical industry monopoly that will eventually be part of our collapse.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 21, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
It's all in the wording of the question.

If they left the subjective word "affordable" out, the answers would be much different.