Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321156 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2825 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
GOP just hammering out the deets on the plan they have been carefully crafting for the last 8 years!!!!

NO WORRIES BROS...

:emawkid:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 23, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »
The trick with undoing a welfare program is that the GOP doesn't want to pull the rug out from under the 10 million or so who are now on Medicaid or a private policy thanks to Obamacare - at the expense of everyone else.

i can't find the article now, but a couple of weeks ago i saw an analysis that obamacare benefits older, less-healthy consumers in low density states who are subsidized by younger, healthier consumers living in higher density states.

you can do the math on who tends to vote for which party and it explains pretty well why the 'pubs are moving cautiously on repealing/changing obamacare.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2827 on: February 23, 2017, 05:56:57 PM »
The trick with undoing a welfare program is that the GOP doesn't want to pull the rug out from under the 10 million or so who are now on Medicaid or a private policy thanks to Obamacare - at the expense of everyone else.

i can't find the article now, but a couple of weeks ago i saw an analysis that obamacare benefits older, less-healthy consumers in low density states who are subsidized by younger, healthier consumers living in higher density states.

you can do the math on who tends to vote for which party and it explains pretty well why the 'pubs are moving cautiously on repealing/changing obamacare.

Yeah, but what your asinine pretext fails to account for is the fact that those people were on zero deductible medicaid/medicare before, and now they're on a high deductible plan where the nearest provider is 200 miles away. There are virtually zero healthcare providers in middle markets, let alone rural areas, that accept the obamacare.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 23, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
Well crap if it works for you must work for errrrbody.

Never claimed it did.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »
Must have had a really shitty plan through work.

None of the poors on obamacare can even begin to afford the $6000-12,000 annual deductible. It's a terrible high deductible plan that used to cost like $85 p/mo, that these poor souls have to pay several hundred a month for.

Not all people on Obamacare are poors.  I'm certainly not, and my deductible is $1,000.  Also, my former shitty plan was through a school district, so probably not the greatest. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 23, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

None of the poors on obamacare can even begin to afford the $6000-12,000 annual deductible. It's a terrible high deductible plan that used to cost like $85 p/mo, that these poor souls have to pay several hundred a month for.

Not all people on Obamacare are poors.  I'm certainly not, and my deductible is $1,000.  Also, my former shitty plan was through a school district, so probably not the greatest.

If you're not poor, why do feel entitled to taxpayer dollars to pay for your insurance?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 23, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
No one who was on Medicaid before would not be on Medicaid after. And you don't get Medicaid or subsidies if you're not poor.

This stuff is way too complicated for you guys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 23, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Yeah, but what your asinine pretext fails to account for is the fact that those people were on zero deductible medicaid/medicare before, and now they're on a high deductible plan where the nearest provider is 200 miles away. There are virtually zero healthcare providers in middle markets, let alone rural areas, that accept the obamacare.

it's an explanation of why simply repealing obamacare and going back to what was previous is scarcely on the table.  part of why trump got elected instead of one of the dozen other cookie cutter 'pubs was because he was promising to keep entitlements and replace obamacare with something better rather than just turn back the clock.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 24, 2017, 02:58:32 PM »

Never claimed it did.

I guess I'm not sure what you were claiming then.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 24, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
If you read the thread you would realize stellercat was responding to fsd's claim that everyone on obamacare hates it and has a $10k deductible
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: February 24, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »
i don't want to have to call it trumpcare after they smear some lipstick on it.  i guess i could live with house'pubscare.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: February 24, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »
Repealing obamacare would be cheaper, source the cbo 7 years ago, common sense.

Obamacare sucks balls, source the last 4 general elections and everyone on it who has actually tried to go to the doctor.

I have Obamacare and have had no problems.  I see the same doctor I did when I had coverage through my job.

Oh look

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: February 25, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »
i don't want to have to call it trumpcare after they smear some lipstick on it.  i guess i could live with house'pubscare.

O'Donaldcare

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
Is this the thread to bitch about hospitals?

In visiting a loved one on her last legs.  Every meal they check her blood sugar and it's high so they dose her with insulin.  Yet, they continue pumping her full of orange juice and pudding and jello and other sweets.  WTF.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »
Is this the thread to bitch about hospitals?

In visiting a loved one on her last legs.  Every meal they check her blood sugar and it's high so they dose her with insulin.  Yet, they continue pumping her full of orange juice and pudding and jello and other sweets.  WTF.

That's the death panel

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: February 25, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »
it was on obamacare page 20,347

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: February 25, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »

If they do this right, they wouldn't have to really call it anything, right?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: February 25, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »
If they do this right, they wouldn't have to really call it anything, right?

they're not doing that, k-s-u.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: February 28, 2017, 07:57:47 PM »

If you're not poor, why do feel entitled to taxpayer dollars to pay for your insurance?

Are you effing kidding me?  No taxpayer dollars pay for my insurance.  I purchased a plan on the exchange when I resigned from my job and receive NO subsidies.  Quit being a jackass. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 03, 2017, 09:38:10 AM »

Are you effing kidding me?  No taxpayer dollars pay for my insurance.  I purchased a plan on the exchange when I resigned from my job and receive NO subsidies.  Quit being a jackass.

I'm not trying to be a jackass. If you don't qualify for subsidies, there's no reason to buy a policy through the Obamacare exchange. Most people I've talked to have found better deals outside the exchange-offered plans. You should seriously look into this, as you could very well be getting ripped off.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: March 03, 2017, 09:40:11 AM »
http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obamacare-repeal-just-got-easier-as-enrollee-satisfaction-plunges/

Health Reform: The need for an overhaul of ObamaCare just got more acute, as a new survey shows that satisfaction rates among those enrolled in ObamaCare plans has taken a steep nose-dive this year amid premium hikes and reduced choices.

The new coverage of ObamaCare these days has been all about protests against repeal and the alleged increase in public support for the law.

But a survey of actual ObamaCare customers released this week paints an entirely different picture.

It found that just 22% of the 44,200 ObamaCare enrollees polled rate their health plan as good to excellent. That's down from 77% who gave their ObamaCare plans high marks last year.

The reason for the sharp decline was higher premiums, worse service and lack of choice. The survey, conducted by Black Book Market Research, found that 96% reported a decline in customer service support, 90% noted premium increases, 80% said their plans had narrower provider networks, and 77% said their plans' benefits had been trimmed. Nearly two-thirds (61%) complained about lack of competitors in their market.

In other words, the collapse of competition in the ObamaCare exchanges — which left five states and a third of U.S. counties with only one ObamaCare insurer — has led to the rapid deterioration in quality.

Black Book managing partner Douglas Brown says that the remaining plans "failed to congruently ramp up member services support to process claims, respond to enrollment issues, answer provider questions, denials, authorizations, and payment."

None of this, mind you, has anything to do with Republican calls to repeal ObamaCare, since insurers announced their massive rate hikes and their plans to abandon ObamaCare long before the November elections.

Meanwhile, lopsided enrollment in the exchanges means that ObamaCare is heading inexorably toward collapse, notes health insurance expert Robert Laszewski, who notes that "ObamaCare was self-destructing the day before Donald Trump was elected."

Laszewski writes that while ObamaCare continues to be a good bargain for those who get the maximum subsidies, enrollment levels collapse as soon as the subsidies start tapering off.

So, while 81% of those who make between 100% and 150% of the poverty level had enrolled last year, only 30% of those with incomes between 150% and 400% above the poverty line did. That means outside of the lowest income group, only the sickest people are buying ObamaCare in these other income brackets. (See chart.)

Seriously Stellar - if you don't get subsidies, why would you buy shitty exchange service?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 03, 2017, 09:52:02 AM »
I bet ksuw is pretty pumped the replacement is getting rid of subsidies and putting in "monthly depositable tax credits" aka cash benefits.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: March 03, 2017, 10:34:45 AM »
I bet ksuw is pretty pumped the replacement is getting rid of subsidies and putting in "monthly depositable tax credits" aka cash benefits.
Especially since they'll base it on age and completely eff risk pooling even more then the ACA. We haven't even seen a death spiral yet!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 03, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
I'd actually prefer that the subsidies - tax credits are still a subsidy - be phased out entirely. As Trump said in his speech, the best way to expand coverage is to make it less expensive. I'm hoping there was some significance to someone inserting that line into his speech.

I truly believe that allowing a truly free healthcare market will make insurance cheaper. Make insurance cheaper and you don't need the subsidies. I'm not saying we pull the rug out from everyone who is currently getting a subsidy, but I'd prefer them to be phased out.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 03, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »
I'd actually prefer that the subsidies - tax credits are still a subsidy - be phased out entirely. As Trump said in his speech, the best way to expand coverage is to make it less expensive. I'm hoping there was some significance to someone inserting that line into his speech.

I truly believe that allowing a truly free healthcare market will make insurance cheaper. Make insurance cheaper and you don't need the subsidies. I'm not saying we pull the rug out from everyone who is currently getting a subsidy, but I'd prefer them to be phased out.
:lol:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting