Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321158 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2050 on: November 22, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
So real non partisan question, what happens when it is repealed?  Will the markets get all screwed out?  I mean, you can't flip a switch and just go back to 2012

Because the switch that turned on in 2012 ended up being some mentally challenged version of the game mouse trap, im guessing everyone would either be relieved or not actually notice.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 22, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
They're not going to repeal it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 24, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 25, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
Here's a fun confluence of two of Obama's biggest follies! Obamacare encourages employers to hire illegals instead of citizens because they don't have to pay a penalty for not insuring the illegals.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/obama-amnesty-obamacare-clash-businesses-have-3000/
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 25, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
When is Obamacare supposed to bring down the entire health insurance industry? I've completely lost track of all its devastating consequences for our country, but that's one I was particularly intetested in.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: November 26, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Chuck Schumer admits Obamacare a monumental flop for democrats.

http://fusion.net/story/30263/chuck-schumer-obamacare-comments-aca/

Quote from: Chuck Schumer
After passing the stimulus, Democrats should have continued to propose middle class-oriented programs and built on the partial success of the stimulus, but unfortunately Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them. We took their mandate and put all of our focus on the wrong problem – health care reform,” Schumer said.

“The plight of uninsured Americans and the hardships caused by unfair insurance company practices certainly needed to be addressed,” he added. “But it wasn’t the change we were hired to make. Americans were crying out for an end to the recession, for better wages and more jobs — not for changes in their health care.”

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
With Mary's loss yesterday, it's now official: 4 years after a 60-Dem Senate majority rammed Obamacare down our throats, exactly half of those senators are already gone from office - a majority of them being replaced by republicans.

If there is any justice in the passage of Obamacare, it has been just as toxic for the Democrat party as it has for America.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 07, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »
ugh, giving people healthcare just makes me so angry that I can't even see straight  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 07, 2014, 11:49:43 PM »
ugh, giving people healthcare just makes me so angry that I can't even see straight  :curse:

yes! and my life is so much worse now!  :curse:

The Big Train

« Reply #2059 on: December 08, 2014, 12:13:54 AM »
i didnt know cops worried about healthcare costs so much

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 08, 2014, 08:15:55 AM »

Who's giving people healthcare?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »

Yeah, this system sucks. We need single payer.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 08, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »

Sounds like Hillary's 2016 campaign message.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:55 AM »

Getting health care costs under control by 2020 should be the goal, and electing Hillary might just be the best way to get there. We will just have to see who else runs.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 08, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »

Getting health care costs under control by 2020 should be the goal, and electing Hillary might just be the best way to get there. We will just have to see who else runs.

Ok. If you really believe that more government intervention will "get healthcare costs under control" without seriously undermining quality of care, I can't help you. You would be so lacking in any common sense and rationality that any debate would be futile.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 08, 2014, 09:51:23 AM »

Ok. If you really believe that more government intervention will "get healthcare costs under control" without seriously undermining quality of care, I can't help you. You would be so lacking in any common sense and rationality that any debate would be futile.

Define "seriously undermining quality of care". I really don't have see any problem with the way every other first world country handles health care at a much lower cost than the US pays.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 08, 2014, 01:10:25 PM »

Define "seriously undermining quality of care". I really don't have see any problem with the way every other first world country handles health care at a much lower cost than the US pays.

You should tell that to the Canadians who migrate here in droves for surgical procedures. But if you want to pay higher taxes for a "free" hosptial system that will do a bang-up job prescribing you some antibiotics or pain relievers - just don't expect more serious care in a timely fashion - then Canada's just the system for you!  :thumbs: :facepalm:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 08, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »

You should tell that to the Canadians who migrate here in droves for surgical procedures. But if you want to pay higher taxes for a "free" hosptial system that will do a bang-up job prescribing you some antibiotics or pain relievers - just don't expect more serious care in a timely fashion - then Canada's just the system for you!  :thumbs: :facepalm:

Wow, that sounds terrible. How much longer are we living than Canadians on average?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 08, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »

Wow, that sounds terrible. How much longer are we living than Canadians on average?

Oh, ok, so life expectancy is the relevant metric! Sorry grandma, you'll have to wait 18 months for that hip replacement - but the good news is that statistics say you're expected to live longer than those hosers to the south, eh?

You know what you should do? Head on up to the northern border and scoff at all those Canadian medical tourists - "dumbasses, statistically speaking, your life expectancy is already better than ours."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »
You know what would really make a long-term impact on the cost of healtchare?  Banning shitty foods.  #FoodForThought

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: December 08, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
What metric would you suggest to evaluate a country's healthcare system? Life expectancy makes the most sense to me. :dunno: I take it the Canadians are living longer than we are, then? How do you explain that?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 08, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
What metric would you suggest to evaluate a country's healthcare system? Life expectancy makes the most sense to me. :dunno: I take it the Canadians are living longer than we are, then? How do you explain that?

Lifestyle

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 08, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 08, 2014, 02:25:42 PM »
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/press-releases/2010/jun/us-ranks-last-among-seven-countries

This seems like a fair evaluation to me.

USA doesn't finish last in anything buddy.

More like 6th runner up to having the best healthcare system

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 08, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/press-releases/2010/jun/us-ranks-last-among-seven-countries

This seems like a fair evaluation to me.

USA doesn't finish last in anything buddy.

More like 6th runner up to having the best healthcare system

Yeah, in some categories we finished 6th out of 7, and that isn't too bad. Money well spent, imo.