Author Topic: Frank  (Read 34843 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Frank
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
Frank wasn't declining. Dax and wacky repeating this over and over doesn't make it true. How many times do we have to go over this?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »
You guys ignore the fact that we SHARED a Big 12 title to a team that kicked our crap in 3 times. It wasn't that great and to me, it didn't really feel like a Big 12 title.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »
wacky used to cover high school basketball, so excuse me if I go #teamwacky on this one

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
 :facepalm:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
Also, I think I can hate that oscar was hired but still acknowledge that he did a great job his first year and signing Foster

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
Frank would have kept the ship a float, but he was starting to have a few leaks, and was going to spend a lot of time trying to patch it up and push the water overboard. His recruiting was so, so. Angel was great tho.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
Hating on oscar for what this team is doing now is warranted and deserved, but discounting a league title for your own school because you don't like the coach seems really dumb.
That might be the saddest thing about all of this.  The best two years in 'modern' KSU BBall are downplayed from either side.  The ones who dislike Frank crap on the elite 8 run, and those who bemoan the hiring of oscar run down the league title.

Yeah, its strange. I guess I'm one of the few that count the Elite 8 and the Big 12 title as the best 2 K-State basketball seasons I've experienced. To me K-State basketball has always been bigger than the coach whether I like him or not. I really liked Frank a lot and the brand he meant for K-State while he was here and it was a lot of fun, but he's never coming back. Granted, I'll pay more attention to what he does than some other SEC basketball coach, but I'm not going to care that much either way about his successes or failures.

I don't think we should downplay either of those two years, we should just understand them for what they are. The E8 run was the best year of Kansas State basketball since 1988 even though we may have not won the conf. title. Weber's conf. title year was awesome, but it was Frank's talent, which is why it is tough to swallow as we now experience the decline of the Weber controlled program.

We all know Frank is not coming back, but that is not the point. The point is that our AD mumped this up.

Frank's ceiling at KSU was higher than oscar's is. I just don't see how that can be argued any other way, at least if you have a decent understanding of what is necessary to win in Manhattan. Some of you are just damn fools and I've accepted that - obviously, _fan and chingon not included in this category.

Absolutely false, Frank and Underwood were a high floor staff. They could handle a lot of roster turnover really well. Underwood is a big part of the equation.

Point taken about Underwood. That's valid.

Frank's class coming to Columbia, SC next season is looking talented. He could've done the same in Manhattan.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
Also, I think I can hate that oscar was hired but still acknowledge that he did a great job his first year and signing Foster

This.

Thank you. Some sanity prevails.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
Since he's been there, all his classes "have looked talented", but he hasn't cracked that code, yet!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
Believe Franks class and oscar's class are very similar next year. People will eventually figure out how talent The Flush is. Both PF prospects are in the same realm of talent.

One thing about oscar's brand of basketball is that it tends to be boring.

At the end of the day I want underwood in 5 years. He will bring back the excitement. I think he could be the best of the three.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »

Frank would have kept the ship a float, but he was starting to have a few leaks, and was going to spend a lot of time trying to patch it up and push the water overboard. His recruiting was so, so. Angel was great tho.

What were the leaks? His recruiting was improving.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »
Believe Franks class and oscar's class are very similar next year. People will eventually figure out how talent The Flush is. Both PF prospects are in the same realm of talent.

One thing about oscar's brand of basketball is that it tends to be boring.

At the end of the day I want underwood in 5 years. He will bring back the excitement. I think he could be the best of the three.
I'm sure Barry is great and everything but this conversation exists because the current great players on oscar's team don't seem to want to play/lead for their coach/team anymore. That's why this season is a dumpster fire. We have talented players who aren't operating anywhere near their potential. Frank gets love because he can at least coach someone up. If a coach can't do that, especially in the presence of talent, they need to stop effing the fanbase, be respectable and move on to something else in life.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »

:dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
Worst case we lose Will, keep angel and frank.  Would take.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »
We would of lost Angel a year earlier. Shane and Nino would of been franked. Will would of transferred.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
We would of lost Angel a year earlier. Shane and Nino would of been franked. Will would of transferred.

Where the eff do you guys come up with this crap?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
oscar webber would of one the title with angle last year, fact

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
oscar webber would of one the title with angle last year, fact

Would of, could of, should of...
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:33 PM »
Guys, what if Frank realizes how much we loved him and that he made a huge mistake and wants to come back to us?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »
Hating on oscar for what this team is doing now is warranted and deserved, but discounting a league title for your own school because you don't like the coach seems really dumb.
That might be the saddest thing about all of this.  The best two years in 'modern' KSU BBall are downplayed from either side.  The ones who dislike Frank crap on the elite 8 run, and those who bemoan the hiring of oscar run down the league title.

Yeah, its strange. I guess I'm one of the few that count the Elite 8 and the Big 12 title as the best 2 K-State basketball seasons I've experienced. To me K-State basketball has always been bigger than the coach whether I like him or not. I really liked Frank a lot and the brand he meant for K-State while he was here and it was a lot of fun, but he's never coming back. Granted, I'll pay more attention to what he does than some other SEC basketball coach, but I'm not going to care that much either way about his successes or failures.

I don't think we should downplay either of those two years, we should just understand them for what they are. The E8 run was the best year of Kansas State basketball since 1988 even though we may have not won the conf. title. Weber's conf. title year was awesome, but it was Frank's talent, which is why it is tough to swallow as we now experience the decline of the Weber controlled program.

We all know Frank is not coming back, but that is not the point. The point is that our AD mumped this up.

Frank's ceiling at KSU was higher than oscar's is. I just don't see how that can be argued any other way, at least if you have a decent understanding of what is necessary to win in Manhattan. Some of you are just damn fools and I've accepted that - obviously, _fan and chingon not included in this category.
I really don't disagree with much of that. I think Frank deserves at least a portion of the blame for not being able to work with Currie though.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
O rly? Would he of?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »
Guys, what if Frank realizes how much we loved him and that he made a huge mistake and wants to come back to us?
We would need less tramitizing games like Florida on the road, he would need to understand how to develop talent that he didn't fall into, he would need to apologize, and need to take a major pay cut. Cause at the rate he's going, it will take him awhile to get his crap together again. Or we could hire underwood and he could be his assistant and wear a dunce cap the whole time, but only on those terms.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 10:56:53 PM »

What were the leaks? His recruiting was improving.
His offensive schemes were struggling once Pullen left. He struggled in managing "his own players" at times. Also, Pullens last year was an embarrassment under his watch. He totally mismanaged that season. Also, he crumbled once Currie called him out on the Samuels issue. He pointed fingers, instead of taking acceptance. Totally against what he preached. He had to rely on Underwood to take over the offense. He had a lot of team issues in house and his recruits were underwhelming. We almost had moose for Christ sakes who is shameful for USC. He panicked and jumped ship cause times were getting tough and he thought his boss was a meany for playing by the rule book. :Ugh:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
He preached toughness, but couldn't do it in his daily life routine.