Author Topic: Schedule news...  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule news...
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »
Currie with another amazing move. UTSA will be D-1 by then and playing in the Alamodome is always a plus (except in '98). :cry:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:37:29 PM by Pett »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
you know who would love a DFWPAK?  this guy (pointing at myself with fingers while typing).

ya man. i'd love the d part but not so much the fw part. maybe we can substitute lg? jmo. lmk. tia.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »
Hey now, by the time we are in the MWC they might actually have BCS status.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
you know who would love a DFWPAK?  this guy (pointing at myself with fingers while typing).

ya man. i'd love the d part but not so much the fw part. maybe we can substitute lg? jmo. lmk. tia.
don't care about FW but can't agree to the only "D" mandate being laid down by some unnamed posters.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:45 PM »

don't care about FW but can't agree to the only "D" mandate being laid down by some unnamed posters.

i know of a pretty sweet place down there that has a patio and serves coronas. check pm.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
The Mt. West gets a bowl game is Las Vegas  :surprised:

And they always seem to send BYU...just seems wasteful

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
There will be a ton of bowl games up for grabs once the big 12 is no longer a conference, so it's really hard to say what bowls we will be tied to in the Mtn. West. Personally, I think it would be great to not play in one of the towns that we will be visiting for conference play already.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:27 AM »

i know of a pretty sweet place down there that has a patio and serves coronas. check pm.

Apparently some of you just don't understand that this is how we roll in Dallas

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 12:50:35 PM »
Corona is the Nat light of mexican beers.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »
The Mt. West gets a bowl game is Las Vegas  :surprised:

And they always seem to send BYU...just seems wasteful

The Mormon church is a HUGE investor in Las Vegas, and Nevada in general. 

Add to that the fact that BYU will be enjoying a distinct home-field advantage, and you've got a stressful week for Tedford, and maybe a problem tonight for his team.

There are about 136,000 Mormons living in the Las Vegas area, and if the bowl people could have added 100,000 temporary seats to Sam Boyd Stadium, they probably would have sold 'em.

This is the 14th Las Vegas Bowl and the first sellout.

There is talk that the bowl was in financial trouble and in danger of going out of business. BYU, with its strong local following, has helped put the game back on its financial feet.

Technically, it would be an exaggeration to say that the demise of the Las Vegas Bowl would kill the city's economy, but if you can't exaggerate in Las Vegas, where can you exaggerate?

Let's just say the bowl is important, if not vital, to the local economy.

So that's what the Cal Bears are up against tonight -- not only a worthy opponent riding a late-season scoring binge, but a stacked house. At least 25,000 of the 40,000 seats will be filled by local Mormons, and they won't be rooting for Cal, even though Cal has five Mormon players.

What are so many non-galavanting Mormons doing living in Las Vegas? Dude, they built the place.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2005-12-22/sports/17404438_1_mormons-byu-jimmy-hoffa

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »

:lick:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »

I don't think you're hip to what's being said broseph

The42Yardstick

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
Seriously, I will fight whoever it is in the KSU Athletic Department that put UTSA on the schedule.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »
Seriously, I will fight whoever it is in the KSU Athletic Department that put UTSA on the schedule.

Shouldn't you be excited for this? The rival of your current school will be getting piss-pounded by your future school.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »

Shouldn't you be excited for this? The rival of your current school will be getting piss-pounded by your future school.

Well, yeah, that'll be nice. But we're in a huge fight for media coverage with UTSA right now for the San Antonio market since we're both trying to move up to 1-A, and the last thing we need are real schools treating UTSA like it is a real school by going to their place. Hint: it isn't a real school, it lets in somewhere like 95-98% of applicants and it's only claim to fame is funneling students to UT. Oh yeah, and their facilities and fan support suck something amazing. Why validate them? I can only hope that KSU goes medieval on their asses.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:42:39 PM by The42Yardstick »

The42Yardstick

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 05:51:31 PM »
Oh, and I realize that this is an attempt by OB at expanding the 'cruiting base, but SA really isn't the place you wanna do it if you're KSU. It's not really the biggest recruiting hotbed (although it is getting a little better), and any elite prospects from there get snatched up by Texas or A&M in a heartbeat. You have a better shot in Dallas or Houston because there's enough talent to go around.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
Oh, and I realize that this is an attempt by OB at expanding the 'cruiting base, but SA really isn't the place you wanna do it if you're KSU. It's not really the biggest recruiting hotbed (although it is getting a little better), and any elite prospects from there get snatched up by Texas or A&M in a heartbeat. You have a better shot in Dallas or Houston because there's enough talent to go around.

i don't really think it has much to do w/ extending the recruiting base although i guess it won't hurt. there are a ton of kstate grads in texas though. out of my ten closest college friends, five of them now live there. it would be a fun easy trip for them and kind of a destination game for kstate fans in kansas/other parts of the country. plus it'll be against a pretty crappy school that counts towards the six wins or whatever the rule is. really couldn't have scheduled any better. this and the central florida games are just great scheduling. add the fact that we beat their basketball team 103-73 in altmans first game and this is bound to be kassu kstate madness. could've been asbury. dunno. go ksatsz.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »

i don't really think it has much to do w/ extending the recruiting base although i guess it won't hurt. there are a ton of kstate grads in texas though. out of my ten closest college friends, five of them now live there. it would be a fun easy trip for them and kind of a destination game for kstate fans in kansas/other parts of the country. plus it'll be against a pretty crappy school that counts towards the six wins or whatever the rule is. really couldn't have scheduled any better. this and the central florida games are just great scheduling. add the fact that we beat their basketball team 103-73 in altmans first game and this is bound to be kassu kstate madness. could've been asbury. dunno. go ksatsz.

Like I said, I can accept this if we hang 60 or more on them :ksu:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

Please don't tell me the only reason you used that word is because you'll be hear when we play them? You love us, don't you? DON'T YOU!?1

The42Yardstick

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 06:24:35 PM »

Please don't tell me the only reason you used that word is because you'll be hear when we play them? You love us, don't you? DON'T YOU!?1

I'm rooting for KSU in everything except when they play Texas State. I'm getting a degree from KSU, I'm not from KU. My only stipulation is that I won't root against KU, except when they play those two schools. Can't hate 'em. Sorry :dunno: