Author Topic: Frank Martin  (Read 52504 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Martin
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2016, 11:58:25 AM »
Could have sworn frank was ofer in Columbia mo. Maybe i was thinking frank vs anderson, home team won all 8 games

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
Frank wasn't an exceptional recruiter, but his recruiting wasn't on the downswing when he left.

The more I read this thread the more I think Rodney is the most underrated player in K-State history. He carried two different coaches to great things.

He was great, but didn't carry anything.

You must not have followed K-State basketball from 2011-2013.

I followed it pretty closely. Angel was the key to success those years.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
Frank in 2011: https://kansasstate.n.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2011

oscar in 2015: https://kansasstate.n.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2015

I liked oscar's 2013 class too, but most of them went away.
wtf 2015? How do you have any idea what those guys are going to be like?
They're all playing significant minutes. Stokes, Brown, and Wade are good recruits. Jury is still out on the bigs.
okay and thats fine and all, there has to be a bigger spectrum than just minutes played. hell i could even reverse argue that wally judge played significant minutes and we all know how that turned out. wade and brown are good solid d1 recruits stokes is meh with some flashes of potential to be a 3rd team league kinda guy. also i like how you grabbed franks worst class against bruces best.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »
Rod carried us to that baylor buzzer beater, but i would listen to arguments that it was all martavious' doing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »

They're all playing significant minutes. Stokes, Brown, and Wade are good recruits. Jury is still out on the bigs.
okay and thats fine and all, there has to be a bigger spectrum than just minutes played. hell i could even reverse argue that wally judge played significant minutes and we all know how that turned out. wade and brown are good solid d1 recruits stokes is meh with some flashes of potential to be a 3rd team league kinda guy. also i like how you grabbed franks worst class against bruces best.
Well, that was one of his last classes. I was asked to compare. I obviously was trying to make a point that his recruiting was dipping somewhat.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »
Rod carried us to that baylor buzzer beater, but i would listen to arguments that it was all martavious' doing
yes martavious knowing that was going in before it left his hand will always be the defining moment of that game

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:34 PM »
Might be the defining moment of my bbsn life

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:42 PM »

Well, that was one of his last classes. I was asked to compare. I obviously was trying to make a point that his recruiting was dipping somewhat.
okay, well let me ask you this. who was the last player that oscar actually recruited that went pro? i ask because frank new talent. oscar starts budke

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
Might be the defining moment of my bbsn life
you could say that

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »

okay, well let me ask you this. who was the last player that oscar actually recruited that went pro? i ask because frank new talent. oscar starts budke
That's what you're going with? Who was the last guy that Frank recruited, that went pro, without Delonte Hill? Again, Budke is playing because two recruits that came in, have health issues. There's no way of predicting that.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2016, 12:08:33 PM »

That's what you're going with? Who was the last guy that Frank recruited, that went pro, without Delonte Hill? Again, Budke is playing because two recruits that came in, have health issues. There's no way of predicting that.
um yes there is, its called recruiting better players.....budke would be the 4th best player on a rec team. jesus christ.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
He did recruit better players, but they're sick, dude. I don't think Budke was his plan going into the season. If you think so, then some of you are just grasping at straws.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
and to go back to the delonte hill comment who hired delonte? i mean frank put multiple players in the pros our only player with a shot to go pro that oscar has recruited was kicked off the team for smoking rough ridin' weed. i get you dont like frank but if you think im grasping at straws youre nuts

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:20 PM »
and to go back to the delonte hill comment who hired delonte? i mean frank put multiple players in the pros our only player with a shot to go pro that oscar has recruited was kicked off the team for smoking rough ridin' weed. i get you dont like frank but if you think im grasping at straws youre nuts
Huggins hired Delonte & had him stick around with Frank because he felt bad. Foster won't go pro, he's too short. Beasley- Delonte & Walker are out of the league. It's a very weird thing to brag about. If that's what you meant by multiple, is 2, 2 guys who didn't last long in the league.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
Huggins hired Delonte & had him stick around with Frank because he felt bad. Foster won't go pro, he's too short. Beasley- Delonte & Walker are out of the league. It's a very weird thing to brag about. If that's what you meant by multiple, is 2, 2 guys who didn't last long in the league.
okay fine you want to talk talent level in relation to making the tournament? i mean this is a weird hill for you to die on i can basically refute every point you make about oscar

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:41 PM »
This is not a Frank issue with me, it's just a fact issue right now. Frank wasn't bringing in NBA All-Stars the way you're presenting it. Delonte brought in those guys and that's why Maryland is raping teams right now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2016, 12:23:25 PM »
I don't want oscar to stick around, but I feel like with the guys in place, we could see the tourney for the next 3 years, that is, if everyone stays around.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
Delonte brought in those guys and that's why Maryland is raping teams right now.

Uhm, no.

You do know that Dalonte "DUI" Hill hasn't coached since 2013 and spent time in jail in the last year, correct?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »
Yeah, but didn't he resign last year? Aren't these his guys?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:34 PM »
This is not a Frank issue with me, it's just a fact issue right now. Frank wasn't bringing in NBA All-Stars the way you're presenting it. Delonte brought in those guys and that's why Maryland is raping teams right now.
no i said pro wacky, i never presented it to make it about all world players. the question was who recruited better talent and its clear who is better at that

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:46 PM »
Either way, I still stand by my point. He was a key piece for having those players come to K-State. They weren't there for Frank. Pullen might have been the only guy there for Frank.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2016, 12:27:41 PM »
Yeah, but didn't he resign last year? Aren't these his guys?

He resigned in November of 2013. A few might still be guys that he recruited, but they have some really good freshmen and sophomores too.

Pullen came largely because of Hill.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »
I don't want oscar to stick around, but I feel like with the guys in place, we could see the tourney for the next 3 years, that is, if everyone stays around.
that, i agree with.
Either way, I still stand by my point. He was a key piece for having those players come to K-State. They weren't there for Frank. Pullen might have been the only guy there for Frank.
this, i dont. curtis jamsam denis all those guys still love frank

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:56 PM »
I was talking that initial big class, but yeah, those guys were great.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »

Prob Miles Leonard.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.