Author Topic: Westicles  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Westicles
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:13:17 AM »
I really like his zeal

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Westicles
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:23 AM »
me too. I also like it when he makes 3's
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:31 AM »
I like how he rebounds

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 02:56:45 AM »
I really like his zeal

me too, winters. me too.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:55 AM »
I like his length and studliness and how he is learning to use it.

Oh.... and THREEEEEEE!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »
He's just Wunderful.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »
Love the kid, I'm afraid he is going to chuck up and go 0-5 from 3 next game

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »
He is going to be a well rounded player.  Has great handles for his size, moves very well, rebounds, threes, etc.  Get a little muscle and experience and he could be a very tough match up.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:04 AM »
He is going to be a well rounded player.  Has great handles for his size, moves very well, rebounds, threes, etc.  Get a little muscle and experience and he could be a very tough match up.

I'm not the first person to say this, but it bears repeating... Wesley is Shane 2.0.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 09:19:10 AM »

I'm not the first person to say this, but it bears repeating... Wesley is Shane 2.0.

Not the ball handler/passer. He doesn't have the ability to slide to PG if needed.

Wesley is Tim Ellis 2.0 IMHO.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »

Not the ball handler/passer. He doesn't have the ability to slide to PG if needed.

I also think he is more naturally suited to production in the post.  Shane has been successful as our stretch 4, but I think that has more to do with the offense we run being more guard oriented than shane actually being able to play a traditional 4 role.  With some muscle added to the frosh Westicles, I think he could do more as a stretch 4 than shane and still have the handles and shot to extend out as needed.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »

I don't view Shane as a good ball handler. 

And, freshman Wes is light years ahead of freshman Shane, IMHO.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »

Wes is an above average ball handler for his position and has brought the ball up the court several times. His style may be a little more similar to Ellis', but Wes is much taller/longer.

We also didn't get to see Ellis at 18 y/o like we did Shane. It's hard to make accurate comparisons to a guy that we didn't see until his body/game was more developed.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »

Shane is a very good ball handler for a guy that doesn't play traditional guard.  Shane is a tweener.  A jack of all trades but master of none.  It is good coaching that has created the opportunity for shane to do what he has done, imo.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
Wes is an above average ball handler for his position and has brought the ball up the court several times. His style may be a little more similar to Ellis', but Wes is much taller/longer.

We also didn't get to see Ellis at 18 y/o like we did Shane. It's hard to make accurate comparisons to a guy that we didn't see until his body/game was more developed.

Good points. My comparison was mainly in terms of their style of play.

Shane reminds me more of Akeem Wright.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
Westicles reminds me a lot of Westicles its uncanny really

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »
I don't think it will be the case, but Westicles's 3PT shooting did bring back memories of Sutton vs Nebraska in the OOD, though that game (besides Dom's shooting) was unexpected on a lot of levels.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
I don't think it will be the case, but Westicles's 3PT shooting did bring back memories of Sutton vs Nebraska in the OOD, though that game (besides Dom's shooting) was unexpected on a lot of levels.
yeah, and Dom's jumper looked considerably better than Westicles's at this point. 

I think we are going to be disappointed if we expect Wes to replicate what Shane developed into, he just doesn't have the length or size to defend Big 12 post players.  I hope he puts in the time and adds a little more arc on his jumper and develops into a very effective wing player. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
Westicles reminds me of sophomore in high school Michael Jordan.. Yeah he got cut his freshman year but man he worked his ass of in the offseason! He's good at this point, not great. But could greatness come??.. ITS POSSIBLE!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
Wes is Jamar. :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Westicles reminds me of sophomore in high school Michael Jordan.. Yeah he got cut his freshman year but man he worked his ass of in the offseason! He's good at this point, not great. But could greatness come??.. ITS POSSIBLE!

The "Michael Jordan got cut" story is one of the most ridiculous stories ever. Jordan was just like the majority of freshman basketball players and didn't make his varsity/jv team, he still played freshman basketball at his high school and was probably pretty good.

/end/sorry

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:08 AM »
Wesley reminds me a lot of Lola Bunny in Space Jam.. Sure he has the skills and a little bit of swagger but he's going to get monstared on by bigger opponents.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

The "Michael Jordan got cut" story is one of the most ridiculous stories ever. Jordan was just like the majority of freshman basketball players and didn't make his varsity/jv team, he still played freshman basketball at his high school and was probably pretty good.

/end/sorry
According to this, it was actually Jordan being on the JV as soph - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1193740/index.htm

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 11:21:43 AM »

/end/sorry
According to this, it was actually Jordan being on the JV as soph - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1193740/index.htm

Thanks for finding/posting that. I remember reading that and forgot it was SO, not FR.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 11:24:39 AM »

/end/sorry

To be fair though, we're used to hearing about eventual superstars playing varsity all four years. Some make it as 8th graders.