Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 318972 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #600 on: October 07, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
Oh wait, I forgot this part of the article:

"Welcome to the club," said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia.

So he's obviously a liar, too. Sorry chum, if they had come to you for a quote, you could have set them straight about how Obamacare is actually supposed to work.

What are the changes from 2013 to 2014 that affect these people?

I don't know. All I know is what is in the article, and many others on the same topic. If you want to claim that they're lying, or the insurance companies are lying, or the insurance expert quoted in the article is lying, based on your personal Obamacare expertise, more power to you.

I would say that, for whatever reason, the people who write those articles draw invalid conclusions due to piecing together quotes and information from disparate contexts.  Is that so hard to believe?  Especially when you consider that for every anti-Obamacare article, there is a contradictory pro-Obamacare article?  You could just look at the law yourself, you know. 

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Hold the phone, turns out that all it took was a little googling to see what's going on. The "minimum essential coverage" doesn't take effect until January 1, 2014. In fact, until just a few months ago, the HHS was still issuing regulations as to what "minimum essential coverage" even means. So yes, I'd say that quite a lot will change for people going into 2014.

That's not it.  The people from your article already had minimum essential coverage in 2013. 

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 07, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »
EHB(essential health benefit) plans are what they are going to be called.  Some of the things that in them have already been added to current plans.  Like wellness visits and stuff like that.  That's why Jan 1 is such a big deal, because thats when the exchanges and full blown HCR takes effect.

Almost all of the essential minimum coverage stuff was required to be added between 2010 and 2012. 

The Big Train

« Reply #603 on: October 07, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
EHB(essential health benefit) plans are what they are going to be called.  Some of the things that in them have already been added to current plans.  Like wellness visits and stuff like that.  That's why Jan 1 is such a big deal, because thats when the exchanges and full blown HCR takes effect.

Almost all of the essential minimum coverage stuff was required to be added between 2010 and 2012.

Yeah, but the maternity benefits will be a big add on Jan 1.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 07, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »

Ok, thank you anonymous goEMAW poster with Scotty avatar for your expertise on Obamacare. I'll just discount everything I've read.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 07, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »
I guess doctors must really love Obamacare.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 07, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »

That only applies to the exchange and wouldn't affect other plans.  (Besides, that's almost always covered already anyway.)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 07, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »

Ok, thank you anonymous goEMAW poster with Scotty avatar for your expertise on Obamacare. I'll just discount everything I've read.

Don't take my word for it.  Read the law!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 07, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »
chum1, your avatar is very trustworthy fwiw

The Big Train

« Reply #609 on: October 07, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

That only applies to the exchange and wouldn't affect other plans.  (Besides, that's almost always covered already anyway.)

We are talking about the exchange plans.  Group plans are different but individual and family plans that are HCR compliant through the exchange will have to have all the EHB included or you will pay the fine.  Also your wrong, maternity benefits are hardly if ever covered in the individual market.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »

We are talking about the exchange plans.  Group plans are different but individual and family plans that are HCR compliant through the exchange will have to have all the EHB included or you will pay the fine.  Also your wrong, maternity benefits are hardly if ever covered in the individual market.

We talking about all of it.  And group plans outnumber individual plans by a fuckload.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 07, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »

Rather than me wading through a couple thousand pages, and tens of thousands more in regulations, why not give me the cite?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 07, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
chum1, your avatar is very trustworthy fwiw

Of all the people to trust, he is definitely the guy

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 07, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »

Rather than me wading through a couple thousand pages, and tens of thousands more in regulations, why not give me the cite?

Aren't you asking for something that he claims isn't there? How would he give you the cite for that?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 07, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
lol @ k-s-u-.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 07, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »

Aren't you asking for something that he claims isn't there? How would he give you the cite for that?

No idea. First he insists that "Minimum Essential Coverage" has actually been mandated since - what - 2012? Provides no proof of this whatsoever, then tells me to "read the law."  :dunno: If you've got something in the law to back up your claim, cite it. Otherwise, I'll take the word of the insurance expert cited in the article, as well as what I've found myself online that MEC commences January 1, 2104. You can just go on believing everyone in that article is another Obamachad.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »
2104 is kind of far off

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:03 PM »

No idea. First he insists that "Minimum Essential Coverage" has actually been mandated since - what - 2012? Provides no proof of this whatsoever, then tells me to "read the law."  :dunno: If you've got something in the law to back up your claim, cite it. Otherwise, I'll take the word of the insurance expert cited in the article, as well as what I've found myself online that MEC commences January 1, 2104. You can just go on believing everyone in that article is another Obamachad.

Well yeah... Someone at said point said something like "Don't believe everything you read..." But I'm sure they were either a conspiracy theorist or a complete moron.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 08, 2013, 07:35:01 AM »
2104 is kind of far off

I know right? All the articles I read said 2014, but it's really 2104. They just misread the law. Stupid articles. We've got plenty of time. Hell, by then we'll probably all be turned into zombies by global warming.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 08, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
Sebelius to get canned? Probably not, lol. Not from this lame duck admin

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 08, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
she got beat up pretty bad on the daily show last night.  Stewart was visibly frustrated with her.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »
Sebelius to get canned? Probably not, lol. Not from this lame duck admin

The daily show thing was pretty funny. Funny that she's there in the first place still trying to sell this turd, and the interview was even funnier. The best part was Stewart spending the whole interview talking about how the govmnt totally botched this, but then closing with the caveat that single-payer complete govmnt control would be better. :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 08, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
 :buh-bye:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog