Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 318948 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1725 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:45 PM »
Someone should tell these churches, synagogues,  temples, etc (they're all organized as legal entities, including corporations) they aren't allowed to have religious beliefs.

It's not that they aren't allowed to so much as that they are physically unable to.

I suppose all these building I see labeled church and what not are imaginary. The thrift stores, soup kitchen, shelters, and charitable organizations aren't really there?

They are there, but they don't have beliefs.

I think you need to develop your point into something more than butthurt about a couple corporations not being required to pay for their employees abortions.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 01, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
Someone should tell these churches, synagogues,  temples, etc (they're all organized as legal entities, including corporations) they aren't allowed to have religious beliefs.

It's not that they aren't allowed to so much as that they are physically unable to.

I suppose all these building I see labeled church and what not are imaginary. The thrift stores, soup kitchen, shelters, and charitable organizations aren't really there?

They are there, but they don't have beliefs.

I think you need to develop your point into something more than butthurt about a couple corporations not being required to pay for their employees abortions.

No corporation is required to pay for an employee's abortion.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 01, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »
Equating birth control to abortion is a loser talking point in my opinion.  Probably 95% of women in this country, conservative or liberal, have used some type of birth control in their lifetime.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 01, 2014, 01:33:59 PM »
Equating birth control to abortion is a loser talking point in my opinion.  Probably 95% of women in this country, conservative or liberal, have used some type of birth control in their lifetime.

i think these people consider IUDs and morning after pills to be abortions, not 'doms and bc pills

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »

i think these people consider IUDs and morning after pills to be abortions, not 'doms and bc pills
I thought IUDs prevented fertilization. Which would be the same category as a condom or BC pill.  I could be wrong, I'm not an expert.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »

I thought IUDs prevented fertilization. Which would be the same category as a condom or BC pill.  I could be wrong, I'm not an expert.

The way I understand it is that they may prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. So that's why they don't like it - the egg is fertilized.
In fact one of the 2 IUDs available in the US can be inserted up to 5 days after unprotected sex and still work.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 01, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
Is birth control really so expensive that not covering it is really a big deal?  My wife's insurance has a $40 copay all RXs.  I though bc could be bought for $20 a month or so. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 01, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
Is birth control really so expensive that not covering it is really a big deal?  My wife's insurance has a $40 copay all RXs.  I though bc could be bought for $20 a month or so.

I would think that not covering would make your insurance rates go up, though. If I were selling insurance, I would give a higher rate to a plan that I would associate with a higher pregnancy risk, anyway.

Plus these people work at Hobby Lobby. Any expense is a major expense.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 01, 2014, 03:16:29 PM »
I heard somewhere that HL actually pays their employees more than the typical retail store. Might have just been a right wing talking point I saw on FB though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 01, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
http://time.com/2941323/supreme-court-contraception-ruling-hobby-lobby/

Appears as tho IUD's and morning after pills aren't covered, everything else is.

A traditional copper IUD does prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus, however mirena (which has been heavily advertised on TV) acts more like a internal bc pill (I think). This does not equate abortion.

A lot of misinformation out there on what exactly was decided, I don't agree with it, but HL didn't block people from getting "the pill".

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 01, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »
I heard somewhere that HL actually pays their employees more than the typical retail store. Might have just been a right wing talking point I saw on FB though.

They start at double the minimum wage. And they actually cover most birth control, just not a few certain "abortion" ones.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
:dance:

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 01, 2014, 07:51:40 PM »

WebMD:

Pill  "The hormonal contraceptive usually stops the body from ovulating. Hormonal contraceptives also change the cervical mucus to make it difficult for the sperm to find an egg. Hormonal contraceptives can also prevent pregnancy by making the lining of the womb inhospitable for implantation."

Plan B "Emergency contraception pills work by preventing ovulation, fertilization, or implantation."

IUD "There are two types of IUDs available in the United States. One type releases the hormone progestin, which causes the cervical mucus to become thicker so the sperm cannot reach the egg. The hormone also changes the lining of the uterus, so implantation of a fertilized egg cannot occur.  The other type doesn't use hormones. It contains copper, which is slowly released into the uterine cavity. The copper stops the sperm from making it through the vagina and uterus to reach the egg, thus preventing fertilization."

Just because people/corporations believe something doesn't make it so. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »
Really, the government should just pay for birth control for anyone that wants it. It's bullshit we're asking Hobby Lobby to pay IMO.

Yes. And it would not take long at all for taxes to go down.

Exactly. Less people on welfare.

I hope you're joking, guys. Eugenic social cleansing stance much?

Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 02, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
I'm dead serious that the government should provide free birth control and health care. And yeah, it probably would reduce the welfare rate. Teen pregnancies especially ruin the finances of people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:37 AM »
Really, the government should just pay for birth control for anyone that wants it. It's bullshit we're asking Hobby Lobby to pay IMO.

Yes. And it would not take long at all for taxes to go down.

Exactly. Less people on welfare.

I hope you're joking, guys. Eugenic social cleansing stance much?

Not advocating forced sterilization.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 02, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »
:clac:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 02, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
It would be great if everyone practiced personal accountability. We could do away with prisons and law enforcement for the most part.

A taxpayer paid IUD is cheaper than a taxpayer paid birth.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 02, 2014, 11:15:33 AM »
damn, SPEMAW deleted his "don't get creampied by random dudes" post. :frown:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:22 AM »
damn, SPEMAW deleted his "don't get creampied by random dudes" post. :frown:

Son of a..... Now my post is out of context!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:39 AM »
'doms and the pill are so  readily available, many times for free. The pill is like $9/mo at your typical pharmacy. People need to take some responsibility for their actions. Use those provided methods or pay for additional measures themselves. If you depend on an implanted device paid for by someone else, you're basically a real POS. Quit getting creampied raw-dog style by some dude you're not commmitted to when you can't afford your own lifestyle much less another mouth to feed. If you're financially fortunate enough to provide for some IUD yourself and must rely on that, good for you. Don't live that lifestyle and expect it to be someone else's expense.

Oh cool, I started a reply to save it!

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
Not very PC or eloquent, but this issue is a sad one to argue over. No one should be forced to pay the bill for anything beyond what is already covered. The rest is, like, a choice - definitely not a right.

Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 02, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »
Not very PC or eloquent, but this issue is a sad one to argue over. No one should be forced to pay the bill for anything beyond what is already covered. The rest is, like, a choice - definitely not a right.

If you were selling insurance, would you charge more or less for a plan that covers plan b?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »

Like I said, the government should pay for it.