Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 318987 times)

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1475 on: January 16, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
You would think that a large group of career politicians with billions in donations could figure out a solution to how unfairly they are being treated. If the electorate is so stupid and blindly follows any philosophies put I front of them, it seems like that would be advantageous to such a group of politicians.

Seems to me that the GOP needs to update its play book.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
You would think that a large group of career politicians with billions in donations could figure out a solution to how unfairly they are being treated. If the electorate is so stupid and blindly follows any philosophies put I front of them, it seems like that would be advantageous to such a group of politicians.

Seems to me that the GOP needs to update its play book.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fact that Obamacare is a horrible piece of legislation that will cost trillions of tax dollars, will make premiums worse, not better (except for those receiving subsidies), will likely reduce access to healthcare as more and more doctors and hospitals balk at Medicaid-style reimbursement rates, and may even result in a net loss of those with insurance.

The Kimmel thing was interesting. It wasn't just the standard Leno-style short gags. Kimmel went on for about 15-20 seconds at a time with serous criticisms of the law before getting to the "punchline." If Kimmel gets it, maybe his audience will start to get it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 16, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
It's relevant because if republican politicians could figure out how to communicate with the electorate, then the Dem's would never have tried to ram-rod obamacare. Obama spent 4 plus years running roughshod because his opposition is still using the communication strategies of the Nixon campaign (minus the break-ins I assume) and obamacare is what we ended up with.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »
It's relevant because if republican politicians could figure out how to communicate with the electorate, then the Dem's would never have tried to ram-rod obamacare. Obama spent 4 plus years running roughshod because his opposition is still using the communication strategies of the Nixon campaign (minus the break-ins I assume) and obamacare is what we ended up with.

I isn't the republican electorate that need to receive the message, it's the democrats. If they don't watch Fox, they don't get the information the republicans are putting out. Republicans still watch NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and Fox, but most democrats avoid Fox because it does report the other side and it angers them. Major outlets filter through liberal lenses.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 16, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »

I isn't the republican electorate that need to receive the message, it's the democrats. If they don't watch Fox, they don't get the information the republicans are putting out. Republicans still watch NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and Fox, but most democrats avoid Fox because it does report the other side and it angers them. Major outlets filter through liberal lenses.

So I guess you agree with my initial point that conservatives have no idea how to communicate with anyone who doesn't already agree with them.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 16, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »
It's really sad how many neocons believe this liberal media agenda myth thing.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 16, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
It's really sad how many neocons believe this liberal media agenda myth thing.

You are a naive young man, seven.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »

So I guess you agree with my initial point that conservatives have no idea how to communicate with anyone who doesn't already agree with them.

Maybe they could drop leaflets from bombers over the liberal strongholds.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 16, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »

So, the Republicans are to blame for Obamacare because their "outdated communications" just couldn't overcome liberal media bias. :lol:

Hey, don't complain Republicans - it's your own darn fault for not stopping Obama from ramming this law through!  :lol: :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 16, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »

You should google "obamacare" and you will find that most of the hits on the first page are links to Obama administration websites or articles with headlines that are supportive of obamacare (like magic Johnson supports obamacare with magic's picture right next to it). There are only a couple of headlines on the first page that are negative about obamacare, and this is after a couple months of endless bad news about obamacare.

The "libtards" understand how public opinions are formed.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
Liberal google bias!  :shakesfist:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 16, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »

You should google "obamacare" and you will find that most of the hits on the first page are links to Obama administration websites or articles with headlines that are supportive of obamacare (like magic Johnson supports obamacare with magic's picture right next to it). There are only a couple of headlines on the first page that are negative about obamacare, and this is after a couple months of endless bad news about obamacare.

The "libtards" understand how public opinions are formed.

This is because the problems aren't covered as much by the large media outlets like AP or ABC, NBC, etc. Google "problems with obamacare" and you get results from overseas and sites like WND and the Blaze.

WE all know there are HUGE problems with obamacare, but the traffic jam is getting all of the large media coverage. It's a choice made by the media outlets, and they want to please Obama.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 16, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »

So, the Republicans are to blame for Obamacare because their "outdated communications" just couldn't overcome liberal media bias. :lol:

Hey, don't complain Republicans - it's your own darn fault for not stopping Obama from ramming this law through!  :lol: :lol:

I would say it is your own damn fault for getting rolled in the elections.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »
this is likely why 4 Dems in Congress have decided to "retire". 

you're on to something, dax.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 16, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
This is because the problems aren't covered as much by the large media outlets like AP or ABC, NBC, etc. Google "problems with obamacare" and you get results from overseas and sites like WND and the Blaze.

https://www.google.com/search?q=problems+with+obamacare&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

:dunno:

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 16, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »
John dougie, LBj isn't in office anymore. A large portion of the electorate gets its info at places other than AP and Nbc. They get it from things like googling obamacare. I'm sure there are tons of anti obamacare websites out there but a google search doesn't turn up a single one on the first page. You'd barely know that there was even any problems with obamacare if you're doing a casual search. You get exactly what the Dem's want you to get because they know how Americans live in 2014.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 16, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
John dougie, LBj isn't in office anymore. A large portion of the electorate gets its info at places other than AP and Nbc. They get it from things like googling obamacare. I'm sure there are tons of anti obamacare websites out there but a google search doesn't turn up a single one on the first page. You'd barely know that there was even any problems with obamacare if you're doing a casual search. You get exactly what the Dem's want you to get because they know how Americans live in 2014.

Thanks for proving my point. The places where most people get there news are no longer non-partisan news outlets, they are run by democrats.

By the way, I agree that the republicans have a difficult time getting their message out. See above.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 16, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »
 :cheers: I guess we just disagree about whose fault it is that repubs can't convey their message. I just have a hard time blaming Dem's for repubs being really bad a politics.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 16, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

Thanks for proving my point. The places where most people get there news are no longer non-partisan news outlets, they are run by democrats.

By the way, I agree that the republicans have a difficult time getting their message out. See above.

please list these very popular news outlets run by democrats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
All over the news around here, up for re-election Kay Hagan (NC-D) . . . no where to be found on Obama's visit to Durham yesterday.

Only the super left wingers are going to want anything to do Obama this time around, Gallop has him in the 30's this week  :sdeek:

please list these very popular news outlets run by democrats

you don't need to take my word for it. Just watch any national newscast that's not on FNC.  If they lead with the Christie traffic jam, you have your answer.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 16, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 16, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »
The republicans had an entire presidential election to detail exactly why Obamacare is a bad thing that needs to be repealed. They were covered by every single media outlet, major or otherwise, and to me, they really did a great job getting across the message that "we need to repeal Obamacare", but then they proceeded to make it very clear that none of the presidential candidates really knew enough about the law to know why we need to repeal it. The problem has less to do with the republican party than it does with the people that they put on the national stage.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 17, 2014, 12:07:20 AM »
The republicans had an entire presidential election to detail exactly why Obamacare is a bad thing that needs to be repealed. They were covered by every single media outlet, major or otherwise, and to me, they really did a great job getting across the message that "we need to repeal Obamacare", but then they proceeded to make it very clear that none of the presidential candidates really knew enough about the law to know why we need to repeal it. The problem has less to do with the republican party than it does with the people that they put on the national stage.

Obamacare is still a mystery, even to Obama.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 17, 2014, 08:16:35 AM »

What a pathetic excuse. You realize you're essentially whining "well, they shoulda done a better job telling me why Obamacare sucked so bad!" Waa Waa Waa. :bawl:

Here's an idea: how about you do a little reading and, better yet, use some common sense?

And don't tell me you're just talking about the masses of uninformed dumshits. You voted for Obama. You are one of those uninformed dumbshits.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »

What a pathetic excuse. You realize you're essentially whining "well, they shoulda done a better job telling me why Obamacare sucked so bad!" Waa Waa Waa. :bawl:

Here's an idea: how about you do a little reading and, better yet, use some common sense?

And don't tell me you're just talking about the masses of uninformed dumshits. You voted for Obama. You are one of those uninformed dumbshits.

If the guy running for election doesn't know more about the law he is promising to repeal, he isn't getting voted in.  That should be pretty fundamental.  I don't have time to read the ACA cover to cover.