Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5695525 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #29100 on: May 22, 2024, 03:40:32 PM »
Not at all, especially if Dylan and Avery have break out years this year.  That's a lot of dough to spread around between Avery, Dylan, Cure and DJamer. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29101 on: May 22, 2024, 03:57:02 PM »
our nil is in a great place, but how much money do you think a freshman tight end, even a five star, is going to fetch? Cure isn't going to scratch the top 10 in nil for us and especially not Oregon. Maybe he would for KU, but I can't think that's a great sign for their program if they're breaking the bank on a tight end who hasn't even taken a college snap.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29102 on: May 22, 2024, 04:12:33 PM »
I would think a 5* TE would probably be getting 2/3rds of what an Elite HS QB prospect gets. Who are the 10 players that would receive more in 2025?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29103 on: May 24, 2024, 11:05:49 AM »
Well if football is anything like basketball, high school recruits aren't anywhere close to as valuable as proven college athletes. Couple that with football freshmen not expected to make much of an impact, Cure is more of a sure bet to red shirt than he is to be an impact player in '25. Finally, the position, of all the offensive skill positions, tight ends are the most interchangeable and have the least impact. You could make the argument that every single defensive position is more impactful than the tight end.

We know Oregon isn't going to give him a big bag, he's supposedly third on their board. I guess it's possible that KU and K-State could get in a bidding war, but I don't see Klieman doing that. Cure is infinitely more important for KU than he is for us, simply because of the symbolism, they need the in state win.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29104 on: May 24, 2024, 12:52:03 PM »
Best case scenario is he goes to KU, red shirts, plays one year and gets 2nd team all Big 12, then transfers to K-State.