Author Topic: 2010 Recruiting Thread  (Read 116851 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »
Was told a month ago from someone that the staff actually believes Russell has the most upside out of the young guards. I think he stays.

Had a convo from a former player that Nick "dominated" the practice he got to watch  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
kind of encouraging he was planning on visiting OU, I guess.  Despite their clusterf*ck of a situation, they still are recruiting pretty well.

ou has offered every 2010 juco pg capel's heard of.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
kind of encouraging he was planning on visiting OU, I guess.  Despite their clusterf*ck of a situation, they still are recruiting pretty well.

OK, never mind then.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
Ball Players is amazing. Brings it in every post...

I appreciate that he talks to Frank and that he knows a lot more about hoops and recruiting than I do but am becoming kind of turned off by his analysis.  Some of this is certainly due to his posting style* (*style he posts in) but also his exaggeration on our talent level and recruiting.  Still the best thing on that board though.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »
Ball Players is amazing. Brings it in every post...

I appreciate that he talks to Frank and that he knows a lot more about hoops and recruiting than I do but am becoming kind of turned off by his analysis.  Some of this is certainly due to his posting style* (*style he posts in) but also his exaggeration on our talent level and recruiting. 

I can see that.  He'll never say anything negative about Frank.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 20, 2010, 12:32:23 PM »
kind of encouraging he was planning on visiting OU, I guess.  Despite their clusterf*ck of a situation, they still are recruiting pretty well.

OK, never mind then.

He's at least heard of him   :pbj: !

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 20, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
No real downside to this, unless you think we were going to land a miraculous elite, which we weren't.

Staff obviously wants Jake at the 2, given what they told Myles.  Most EMAW fans should like this (why shazbot! with a good thing?) and it gives us time to develop sprads/russell/etc. and find out if we have anything behind Jake.  At the 1, if you believe what Cole is saying, it was always going to be Irving+someone else or Irving+no one.  Gotta have someone there pushing Irving for time so that he doesn't get lazy (a horrifying thought if ever there was one).  Better yet, Myles turns out to be way better than anticipated and beats Irving out, leaving Irving in a position we know he can handle - backup point.  Then in 2011, you cast Myles/Irving off or bury them on the depth chart when Rodriguez gets here.  Perfect stopgap (unless you think we could have gotten a one-and-done, which as I said before, wasn't going to happen).

Don't get me wrong, stopgaps suck, but we all knew this was where things were headed for months now.  Hard to get too upset about this one (especially given the Capel offer).  Plus, I still reserve the right to melt down should the summer pass with no elite signings -- win:win for WRFF.  :ksu:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 20, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »
No real downside to this, unless you think we were going to land a miraculous elite, which we weren't.

BABB

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 20, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »

BABB

I wanted Babb.  I wanted Evans.  I want a shooter.  Can this guy shoot?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »

BABB

Shot a good % at juco :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2010, 01:06:47 PM »

BABB

Shot a good % at juco :dunno:

so, to answer 33's question, probably not.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
Babb and Evans can't run the point, so they're irrelevant.  Team needed a point.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
Babb and Evans can't run the point, so they're irrelevant.  Team needed a point.

A point that can run the point at the high major level is not really a point.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
Little confused by Rusty's last post.  Were we holding out for a point that can run the point at the NBA level or something?  :madcausestevenashwontbeacat:

catzacker

« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
Please give future looking careers for this class:

Sprads - Josh Reid w/ a side of Clent Stewart (but not as good)
Southwell -  Akeem Wright
Asprilla - love child of Justin Williams and Jeremiah Massey
Maple Leaf - Mario Taybron

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »

Staff obviously wants Jake at the 2, given what they told Myles.  Most EMAW fans should like this (why shazbot! with a good thing?) and it gives us time to develop sprads/russell/etc. and find out if we have anything behind Jake.  At the 1, if you believe what Cole is saying, it was always going to be Irving+someone else or Irving+no one.  Gotta have someone there pushing Irving for time so that he doesn't get lazy (a horrifying thought if ever there was one).  Better yet, Myles turns out to be way better than anticipated and beats Irving out, leaving Irving in a position we know he can handle - backup point.  Then in 2011, you cast Myles/Irving off or bury them on the depth chart when Rodriguez gets here.  Perfect stopgap (unless you think we could have gotten a one-and-done, which as I said before, wasn't going to happen).

Don't get me wrong, stopgaps suck, but we all knew this was where things were headed for months now.  Hard to get too upset about this one (especially given the Capel offer).  Plus, I still reserve the right to melt down should the summer pass with no elite signings -- win:win for WRFF.  :ksu:
he's a juco point guard.   picture (with your mind's eye) a poor man's sophmore year blake young if BY played D1 his soph year.  also, BY was bigger than this cat.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Please give future looking careers for this class:
Sprads - Josh Reid w/ a side of Clent Stewart (but not as good)
Southwell -  Akeem Wright
Asprilla - love child of Justin Williams and Jeremiah Massey
Maple Leaf - Mario Taybron

Fun game.  Here are my  :crossfingers: pics:

Sprads - Non-fat/non-ugly Keiton Page  :crossfingers:
Southwell - Obv. Akeem  :crossfingers:
Asprilla - WHO IS GOING TO GUARD MARIC!? (but shorter)   :crossfingers:
Myles - Lance Jeter  :crossfingers:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:31:27 PM by steve dave »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
Little confused by Rusty's last post.  Were we holding out for a point that can run the point at the NBA level or something?  :madcausestevenashwontbeacat:

There are a lot of players better than Myles that won't run the point at the NBA level.  Like, a lot.  Don't make the same Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) "so, I guess we should out recruit Bama and USC" argument football tards always make.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2010, 01:51:59 PM »

There are a lot of players better than Myles that won't run the point at the NBA level.  Like, a lot.  Don't make the same Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) "so, I guess we should out recruit Bama and USC" argument football tards always make.

Can't say I care if they can run the point in the NBA or not.  Question is whether they can run the point in the Big 12.  Of the options presented to us, who would be better at running the point for us than Canada Fly?  I am not convinced there is one.  Again, not saying he's the second coming, just that having Blake Young 2.0 split time is better than having a potentially lazy Irving playing for 35.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
Can't say I care if they can run the point in the NBA or not.  Question is whether they can run the point in the Big 12.  Of the options presented to us, who would be better at running the point for us than Canada Fly?  I am not convinced there is one. 

I agree.  That doesn't mean we should sign the best crappy one.

Again, not saying he's the second coming, just that having Blake Young 2.0 split time is better than having a potentially lazy Irving playing for 35.

I think Blake Young 2.0 is optimistic.  Have you seen Frank's spring signees (sans samuels and transfers)?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »
Babb. :lol:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Juevol Myles
« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
Supposedly he committed to us. Formally a LA-Tech commit, now with a florida juco. Does this guy got any talent or just gonna be a pine rider?

WTF, Frank!! Why are you recruiting against schools like George washington and Nebraska.  :chainsaw:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »

not even babb likes babb as much as rusty likes babb.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 20, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »

I don't even like him that much.  I just like him a lot compared to these guys.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 20, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

trust me, babb thinks very highly of himself.
Where did you get that overnight bag?