Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 198309 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1450 on: July 11, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
I'm worried these jurors might be dumbasses and come back w/ a guilty verdict

Worried that the majority of any given group of Floridians are dumbasses?  Pfft

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 11, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »

Looks like the only hope at this point but, yeah, I'd say that's a 50/50 proposition.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Looks like the only hope at this point but, yeah, I'd say that's a 50/50 proposition.

on the 2nd degree murder charge that is. I'll be fine w/ a manslaughter conviction

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 11, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »
Some of you guys have spent way to much time on this case.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 11, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »

some of us aren't having to wear their sugar momma's squawk t-shirts to the gym, fanning.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: July 11, 2013, 04:22:15 PM »

the "all-filly" jury aspect couldn't even reel you in?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
I mean it's interesting, but there's probably a lot of cases out there like this that don't get noticed. It has outed a lot of racists/conservatives and leftwing liberals.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
It's kind of messed up that the legal system doesn't require the jury to know "beyond reasonable doubt" that TM attacked GZ. The defense just has to show that it could have happened.

I mean, I get it, but it's messed up.

Agreed. I understand and support the trade off we made, but I don't always enjoy seeing the results. Dude killed a kid. Whether its stand your ground, concealed carry, whatever, there's a glitch in the system. For me, it's mostly about a kid getting killed and less about GZ walking, though.

yeah

Do you two think deadly force in self defense should always require jail time?  Maybe I'm misreading, but it seems like you're saying a killed b, and no matter the circumstances a deserves jail for killing someone.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:55 PM »
I mean it's interesting, but there's probably a lot of cases out there like this that don't get noticed. It has outed a lot of racists/conservatives and leftwing liberals.

:blank:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 11, 2013, 04:34:01 PM »

some of us aren't having to wear their sugar momma's squawk t-shirts to the gym, fanning.
That didn't make any sense. Stick to the topic.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 11, 2013, 04:41:28 PM »
The most interesting thing about this trial to me is the vast number of people that have really strong opinions on the case and are really misinformed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 11, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

on the 2nd degree murder charge that is. I'll be fine w/ a manslaughter conviction

Nah, I still say 0% chance of murder, but maybe 50/50 manslaughter. I've heard manslaughter committed with a gun is almost akin to murder in terms of sentencing in FL.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 11, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »
The most interesting thing about this trial to me is the vast number of people that have really strong opinions on the case and are really misinformed.

Story of life bro

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 11, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

Really, it just outs people who aren't okay with adults shooting unarmed kids and then claiming self defense. Fear of bodily harm just is not an acceptable standard for self defense. The standard should be an actual legitimate threat to your life. I wouldn't be able to morally vote not guilty here, despite the letter of the law.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 11, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »
I mean it's interesting, but there's probably a lot of cases out there like this that don't get noticed.

Go to cnn.com.

See that?  it's been like that for a month.  That's why it has so much interest.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:02 PM »

Really, it just outs people who aren't okay with adults shooting unarmed kids and then claiming self defense. Fear of bodily harm just is not an acceptable standard for self defense. The standard should be an actual legitimate threat to your life. I wouldn't be able to morally vote not guilty here, despite the letter of the law.

yeah. it's really just two camps. people that are ok with adult males with guns chasing unarmed kids through neighborhoods at night and then shooting and killing them if the kid gets scared and throws a punch or two and people that aren't ok with armed adult males chasing minors at night and shooting and killing them if the kid being chased gets scared and throws a punch or two.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 11, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »

:flush:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 11, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »
Read an article about the closing that made it sound better than the end part I saw where they read powerpoints silently for 10 minutes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 11, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
It's kind of messed up that the legal system doesn't require the jury to know "beyond reasonable doubt" that TM attacked GZ. The defense just has to show that it could have happened.

Agreed. I understand and support the trade off we made, but I don't always enjoy seeing the results. Dude killed a kid. Whether its stand your ground, concealed carry, whatever, there's a glitch in the system. For me, it's mostly about a kid getting killed and less about GZ walking, though.

yeah

i don't think it's messed up at all.  it should be extremely hard for the state to deprive its citizens of their liberty.  if we err in this country, we err in making it far, far too easy, not too hard.

i realize you both understand this.  i'm arguing that you should view the situation more sanguinely.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 11, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »

yeah

i don't think it's messed up at all.  it should be extremely hard for the state to deprive its citizens of their liberty.  if we err in this country, we err in making it far, far too easy, not too hard.

i realize you both understand this.  i'm arguing that you should view the situation more sanguinely.

I don't think it should be easier to send GZ to prison and wouldn't change the way trials such as this are handled, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's messed up.

The state should have to show proof that TM didn't start the fight, essentially putting TM on trial at a secondary level. But since TM's dead, the defense doesn't really need enough evidence that would convict him of battery or attempted murder or whatever TM would be charged with if he was alive. Messed up things like this will happen, oh well.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »

:flush:
If you can't see that, you're blind. My family is conservative and most are dumbass racist (the older crowd). I think personal political views affect a lot of people's opinions on this. My dad hates Jamie Fox cause he heard on Fox News that he wore TM shirt.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 11, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »
Fear of bodily harm just is not an acceptable standard for self defense. The standard should be an actual legitimate threat to your life. I wouldn't be able to morally vote not guilty here, despite the letter of the law.

If by legitimate, you mean reasonable, then I don't think you're too far off the current standard, minus the serious bodily harm stuff. And if youre ever in this situation, I think you'd be glad the jury (hopefully) isn't debating "well maybe he would have gotten beat up pretty bad, but was he really reasonable to think he might die?" No, you'll hope like hell the jury isn't second guessing your decision making while your head is being banged into a concrete sidewalk.

The standard isn't the "problem" here. The problem is that there's almost no evidence of how the fight started, only a little more evidence of how the fight went down, and that evidence tends to support GZ's side of the story, which is inconvenient for those who want him to be guilty.

Offline kansas_troll_patrol

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Fan
  • Do you have a permit for that thing?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »
I'm not sure why this try is taking so long.  After all they have video of he entire event.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »
even if martin was alive, it would be he said/he said.

the ratio is always given as 99 guilty freed>1 innocent imprisoned.  i don't think americans actually find that ratio acceptable (nor do i think it is our actual ratio).  if americans were honest with themselves, i wonder what ratio they'd choose?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 11, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
And if youre ever in this situation,

I speak for nearly all of gE when I say we won't be.