Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 198306 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #625 on: June 28, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »
OK, so this "stand your ground law" sounds kinda fishy.

If wikapedia is not lying to me, it seems the law is actually NOT good for the same sorts of people who seem to be in favor of it.

Another analysis of stand-your-ground laws by economists at Georgia State, using monthly data from the U.S. Vital Statistics, found a significant increase in homicide and injury among whites, especially white males.[8] They also analyzed data from the Health Care Utilization Project, which revealed significantly increased rates of emergency room visits and hospital discharges related to gun injuries in states which enacted these laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

yes, very awful law

This law is not at issue in this case.

yeah, we've been over that. you keep us up to date on the quality of the witnesses and how high they are going to get though ok.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #626 on: June 28, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
The thing about this that grinds me is that there is just as much evidence that Trayvon was defending himself against George as the other way around, but only one of them gets to test their story against the burden of proof.

lol, that is just silly and not true

Oh really? How are you so sure, exactly?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 28, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
I would feel compelled to defend myself against a guy who jumped out of his car and chased me down with a gun in the middle of the night.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 28, 2013, 02:30:22 PM »
The thing about this that grinds me is that there is just as much evidence that Trayvon was defending himself against George as the other way around, but only one of them gets to test their story against the burden of proof.

Well, there is no evidence that Zimmerman initiated any sort of attack yet there is plenty of evidence/eye witnesses that prove Trayvon beat the crap out of GZ

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 28, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
What a sad deal, if you go looking for trouble, you're usually going to find it, why go look for trouble?

Just go home.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 28, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
I would feel compelled to defend myself against a guy who jumped out of his car and chased me down with a gun in the middle of the night.

I think Martin kept the fact that he had a gun a secret. Not sure why.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 28, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

Well, there is no evidence that Zimmerman initiated any sort of attack yet there is plenty of evidence/eye witnesses that prove Trayvon beat the crap out of GZ

Those aren't competing claims.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 28, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
Hey Nuts Kicked.  Its more than that.  Ok?  It is pretty insane we don't have statistics that aren't completely made up to back him up on this point.  But come on.  You know it is more than 1,000 times a year that a guy with a gun is a complete hero and justifies having a gun with him and gets all the babes and buy a gun right over here because america.

That's less than 3 times a day in a country with 300M people and just as many guns.  Sniff test brah.

Should be crap tons of anecdotal news stories about it.  I mean at least 150/yr or so.  Kind of weird I hardly ever hear about them.  Since we have forgone any pretense about just going with our feelings here.

I would bet most of the stories are meth-head breaks into a house and gets chased out by dude with gun. non-story.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 28, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »
yeah, we've been over that. you keep us up to date on the quality of the witnesses and how high they are going to get though ok.

:lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 28, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
Hey dumbass, even if Martin did initiate contact in your wild ass assumptive scenario,  depending on circumstance Martin could have the legal right to do so. Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't lift his shirt and show the gun? Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't say "n-word, I'm going to beat, rape, drag, hang, and burn you for walking in my neighborhood?" No, none of this know any of this.

Good lord, talk about wild ass conspiracies. If Zimmerman had first flashed his gun, do you really think Martin would have attacked him? And I'm pretty confident that Zimmerman didn't say any of those ridiculous things because, if he had, Dee Dee would have heard them. Again, she swears that she clearly heard Zimmerman say "what are you doing here?"

What we do know is that Zimmerman actively pursued, even chased, an unarmed law abiding 17 year old kid and ended up shooting him to death. I don't care about the circumstances of the interim because we can't know what happened.  I thought gun owners were supposed to be well trained and responsible?

There was nothing unlawful about approaching Martin. And what happened in between then and Martin's death means everything. Dee Dee's testimony seems to indicate that Martin is most likely to have initiated contact, and the testimony of the nearest eye witness (Good) is that Martin was straddling Zimmerman and and beating him, which is consistent with his injuries.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 28, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
Hey Nuts Kicked.  Its more than that.  Ok?  It is pretty insane we don't have statistics that aren't completely made up to back him up on this point.  But come on.  You know it is more than 1,000 times a year that a guy with a gun is a complete hero and justifies having a gun with him and gets all the babes and buy a gun right over here because america.

That's less than 3 times a day in a country with 300M people and just as many guns.  Sniff test brah.

Should be crap tons of anecdotal news stories about it.  I mean at least 150/yr or so.  Kind of weird I hardly ever hear about them.  Since we have forgone any pretense about just going with our feelings here.

I would bet most of the stories are meth-head breaks into a house and gets chased out by dude with gun. non-story.

that would be the lead story on the omaha news for a month and they would throw an annual parade for the gun guy

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 28, 2013, 02:37:59 PM »

Because if there is anything we know about gun owners, it is that they hate talking about how they chased off a home-invading meth head with their gun....

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 28, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »

that would be the lead story on the omaha news for a month and they would throw an annual parade for the gun guy

there would at least be a police report filed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 28, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »

:lol:

For those who don't know how to use Google, that's a joke based on Dee Dee's own (deleted) tweets.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 28, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »

Its a great post and dead on. Trayvon was running from George, running from him. How in the hell does running from someone constitute an aggressive act? How does chasing someone not constitute an aggressive act?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Hey dumbass, even if Martin did initiate contact in your wild ass assumptive scenario,  depending on circumstance Martin could have the legal right to do so. Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't lift his shirt and show the gun? Are you sure that Zimmerman didn't say "n-word, I'm going to beat, rape, drag, hang, and burn you for walking in my neighborhood?" No, none of this know any of this.

Good lord, talk about wild ass conspiracies. If Zimmerman had first flashed his gun, do you really think Martin would have attacked him? And I'm pretty confident that Zimmerman didn't say any of those ridiculous things because, if he had, Dee Dee would have heard them. Again, she swears that she clearly heard Zimmerman say "what are you doing here?"

What we do know is that Zimmerman actively pursued, even chased, an unarmed law abiding 17 year old kid and ended up shooting him to death. I don't care about the circumstances of the interim because we can't know what happened.  I thought gun owners were supposed to be well trained and responsible?

There was nothing unlawful about approaching Martin. And what happened in between then and Martin's death means everything. Dee Dee's testimony seems to indicate that Martin is most likely to have initiated contact, and the testimony of the nearest eye witness (Good) is that Martin was straddling Zimmerman and and beating him, which is consistent with his injuries.

I can't have a conversation if you either don't understand my point or refuse to. I'm not going to repeat this basic premise for you, if you don't get it I'm okay with calling this good.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #641 on: June 28, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »

Pretty sure any reasonable non-racist non-gun nut person would consider it initiating an attack when a well-documented hotheaded vigilante wannabe with a gun disregards 911 operators and stalks an innocent teenager in the night.

Sorry that George Zimmerman is such a pussy bitch that he can't finish the fights he starts. I know that hurts. :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 28, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
Shouldn't the NSA jump in here with the recording of the Rachel-Trayvon phone call?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 28, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
If you honestly think he "stalked" Martin with the intention of killing him then you are rough ridin' high. He's a wanna-be cop neighborhood watch volunteer in a neighborhood that had multiple robberies commited by African American males in the last year. At the time, he has no idea who Trayvon is because Trayvon DOES NOT LIVE THERE so forgive him for being a little suspicious. He has no idea that Martin is not armed, he has no idea what Martin's intentions are. For all he knew, Martin could have just robbed a house and was calmly walking away

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »
If you honestly think he "stalked" Martin with the intention of killing him then you are rough ridin' high. He's a wanna-be cop neighborhood watch volunteer in a neighborhood that had multiple robberies commited by African American males in the last year. At the time, he has no idea who Trayvon is because Trayvon DOES NOT LIVE THERE so forgive him for being a little suspicious. He has no idea that Martin is not armed, he has no idea what Martin's intentions are. For all he knew, Martin could have just robbed a house and was calmly walking away

yeah, Martin also could have been walking back to his dad's house after getting some skittles for all Zimmerman knew. NO WAY FOR HIM TO KNOW SO I'M GLAD HE ERRED ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 28, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

yeah, Martin also could have been walking back to his dad's house after getting some skittles for all Zimmerman knew. NO WAY FOR HIM TO KNOW SO I'M GLAD HE ERRED ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION

I love how everyone ignores the facts about what happened in this neighborhood in the recent months like it doesn't matter

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 28, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »

I love how everyone ignores the facts about what happened in this neighborhood in the recent months like it doesn't matter

I ignore it because it doesn't rough ridin' matter. Zimmerman should have stopped at calling the cops. Period. No one's stuff is worth even the confrontation.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 28, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »

Because it doesn't rough ridin' matter. Zimmerman should have stopped at calling the cops. Period. No one's stuff is worth even the confrontation.

Well we just see the situation in 2 completely different lights

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 28, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »

it matters more to TM who just got confronted by a stranger with a gun in the middle of the night while trying to get away from him

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 28, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
I don't really think that George stalked Martin with the intent to murder him. I do think that he had a pistol packing tough guy complex and was unafraid of initiating a conflict because he knew he was carrying a gun.

I think you guys (ell, ksuw) are right in that, from the perspective of a juror, there is no way he is convicted of murder in this case.

If you honestly think George made the right call here, then I am sad.