Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323379 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1375 on: December 11, 2013, 07:28:58 PM »
It will be interesting to see if doctors refuse to turn a wrench until people pay their deductibles.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 11, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
You are wasting your $12 a month, since you said you can't afford $120 a month I assume you can't afford a doctors visit, much less any care.

i have been to the doctor once in the last 10 years (minor med for bronchitis).  i have zero prescriptions. insurance is only of use to me if something really terrible happens, which 12 dollars a month seems reasonable.

*edit, i had insurance from my employer for that 1 visit too!

I don't know - this really sounds like a "cut rate" policy. We ought to pass a law banning these policies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »
You are wasting your $12 a month, since you said you can't afford $120 a month I assume you can't afford a doctors visit, much less any care.

i have been to the doctor once in the last 10 years (minor med for bronchitis).  i have zero prescriptions. insurance is only of use to me if something really terrible happens, which 12 dollars a month seems reasonable.

I don't know - this really sounds like a "cut rate" policy. We ought to pass a law banning these policies.

i don't think you know what cut rate really is  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 11, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »

Actually, I think this is exactly the kind of "cut rate" insurance the Dems were criticizing as an excuse for cancelling all those policies, or was their only criteria that the policies provide free mamograms, birth control, and abortions? Those should all come in handy for you. Oh, but that's right, you don't really give a crap since you're only paying 12/mo. I guess I'm picking up the remainder of the tab. You should send me a Christmas card.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 11, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »

Actually, I think this is exactly the kind of "cut rate" insurance the Dems were criticizing as an excuse for cancelling all those policies, or was their only criteria that the policies provide free mamograms, birth control, and abortions? Those should all come in handy for you. Oh, but that's right, you don't really give a crap since you're only paying 12/mo. I guess I'm picking up the remainder of the tab. You should send me a Christmas card.

or maybe we should just get rid of health insurance and have healthcare be provided to all citizens for free. :cheers:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: December 11, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »

or maybe we should just get rid of health insurance and have healthcare be provided to all citizens for free. :cheers:

Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1381 on: December 11, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
Shocking. The ne'er-do-well poor wants more free(misnomer) crap. 

I think we, as a country, reallly need to consider why non stakeholders are permitted to participate in the political process, particularly in its present, redistributive and market-meddling state. It makes about as much sense, logically, as divine right. "Oh, I was born here so I am entitled to a certain quality of life provided by society, regardless of my contribution or participation in said society." What the eff? Western civ society has been able to diminish devine right peeps to tabloid and E! news celebs.  We would be justified in relegating our non stakeholders to non voting status. If they want to participate politically, they'll have to participate physically.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:01 PM »
as a current poor, i decided to go ahead and go though the application (took literally 10 min) just right now.

the bronze plan you're talking about (aka the worst and cheapest):

Monthly premium
$12.21/mo.
was $158.21

Deductible
$6,300

Out–of–pocket maximum
$6,300

no copays

-------------

the best platinum plan:

Monthly premium
$172.02/mo.
was $318.02

Deductible
$0
group total

Out–of–pocket maximum
$1,150

50% copays

------------

with 29 other plans in-between.  neither of those sound too bad, depending on how you want to use insurance.

infact i'll probably sign up for that low level bronze plan, just because i have zero insurance right now and can't afford the $120ish a month that the cheapest plan available to me right now costs.

How does the bronze have no copay? The ones I've looked at have like a $50-$60 copay. Are they subsidized also?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 11, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »
hey seven, don't use the word poor in the way you just used it..
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »
Poors are not going to pay $12 for anything they can't wear, smoke or take home and stick in the microwave.  That's why this is so Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If you don't believe me, you are a sheltered naive moron.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
as a current poor, i decided to go ahead and go though the application (took literally 10 min) just right now.

the bronze plan you're talking about (aka the worst and cheapest):

Monthly premium
$12.21/mo.
was $158.21

Deductible
$6,300

Out–of–pocket maximum
$6,300

no copays

-------------

the best platinum plan:

Monthly premium
$172.02/mo.
was $318.02

Deductible
$0
group total

Out–of–pocket maximum
$1,150

50% copays

------------

with 29 other plans in-between.  neither of those sound too bad, depending on how you want to use insurance.

infact i'll probably sign up for that low level bronze plan, just because i have zero insurance right now and can't afford the $120ish a month that the cheapest plan available to me right now costs.

How does the bronze have no copay? The ones I've looked at have like a $50-$60 copay. Are they subsidized also?

no they aren't.  i think it counts against deductable... i didn't really research it much.  there were bronze plans with like 20-40 dollar premiums that had like 5-20 dollar copays, i think.  i don't remember the exact number.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

i'm sorry sys.  i was using it somewhat sarcastically tho.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 11, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
The bronze i'm looking at has no copay because it is 100% out of pocket until $6300 ded. Is met

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »

I think we, as a country, reallly need to consider why non stakeholders are permitted to participate in the political process, particularly in its present, redistributive and market-meddling state. It makes about as much sense, logically, as divine right. "Oh, I was born here so I am entitled to a certain quality of life provided by society, regardless of my contribution or participation in said society." What the eff? Western civ society has been able to diminish devine right peeps to tabloid and E! news celebs.  We would be justified in relegating our non stakeholders to non voting status. If they want to participate politically, they'll have to participate physically.

yes, being an american citizen should guarantee that all your healthcare needs are are taken care of by society as a whole.  i'm not sure why this is controversial at all.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 11, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »

yes, being an american citizen should guarantee that all your healthcare needs are are taken care of by society as a whole.  i'm not sure why this is controversial at all.

That's because you don't understand it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »

i'm sorry sys.  i was using it somewhat sarcastically tho.

ok.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

Even if you're a lazy unhealthy slob? Or should we also ban all the unhealthy stuff? There's a whole lot of lazy unhealthy slobby Americans - millions of them - and that's their God-given right. Just don't ask me to pay for them. That's why socialized medicine, and the extent of all other welfare programs, are "controversial."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »

Even if you're a lazy unhealthy slob?

Believe it or not an unhealthy slob could become healthier with access to proper health care.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 11, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »
The bronze i'm looking at has no copay because it is 100% out of pocket until $6300 ded. Is met

Oh, yes, that's right. After the deductible it pays something like 40 - 60% until you reach your maximum out of pocket.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »

Even if you're a lazy unhealthy slob?

Believe it or not an unhealthy slob could become healthier with access to proper health care.

Again, why should I pay for that? Are you going to argue that it will save us all money in the long run? "Studies have shown" that preventative care doesn't actually save money. See, e.g., http://healthcarecostmonitor.thehastingscenter.org/louiserussell/a-persistent-myth/

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
Are you going to argue that it will save us all money in the long run? "Studies have shown" that preventative care doesn't actually save money. See, e.g., http://healthcarecostmonitor.thehastingscenter.org/louiserussell/a-persistent-myth/

Well then preventative care should change. I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01:50 AM »

Oh, yes, that's right. After the deductible it pays something like 40 - 60% until you reach your maximum out of pocket.

Hsa, you pay 100% up to your ded. Then it pays 100% after that, ded. Is 6300 for 1 person, max of 12600 for the family.  At least thats the way i understand it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 12, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »

People who take that $12 per month policy aren't going to use it for doctor's visits. He should pay it in case of some major medical revelation or emergency because it could potentially save him from bankruptcy.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 12, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
Maybe I missed this, but why does being born in the us entitle you to healthcare, even if you contribute nothing to society?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »
Maybe I missed this, but why does being born in the us entitle you to healthcare, even if you contribute nothing to society?

Because this is America and we're the greatest country on earth.