Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321228 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
"Low income" people are going to get absolutely screwed. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2013, 06:26:27 PM »

The poor get poorer and so does the middle class!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

Nah, middle class people still have coverage through their employers.  If it's too expensive, it's not because of Obamacare.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2013, 06:53:02 PM »

Nah, middle class people still have coverage through their employers.  If it's too expensive, it's not because of Obamacare.

but now the unions don't even want part of it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-11/and-now-unions-are-angry-obamacare-afl-cio-press-healthcare-law-changes

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »

Its pretty well documented that obamacare is causing employers to drop health coverage, where have you been?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »

Its pretty well documented that obamacare is causing employers to drop health coverage, where have you been?

No, not really.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
Welcoke to Facepalm City, population Chum

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »

So, Facepalm City is a place for people that make other people facepalm?  And I'm the only person that makes other people facepalm?  Or are there multiple cities for people that make other people faceplam?  If that's the case, why am I the only one in my city?  This is all so confusing.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

So, Facepalm City is a place for people that make other people facepalm?  And I'm the only person that makes other people facepalm?  Or are there multiple cities for people that make other people faceplam?  If that's the case, why am I the only one in my city?  This is all so confusing.

my guess is that facepalm city is just a city in facepalm and that you are the only person that lives in it but there are a bunch of other towns in facepalm that have multiple residents that make other people facepalm. think oklahoma and oklahoma city. now is it kind of ironic that facepalm city is the smallest city in facepalm? yeah i suppose. maybe it's a city within a city though. like maybe facepalm city is the address for the governor of facepalm or something and you just live there because you are the governor. that probably makes the most sense when you stop to think about it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
Sometimes, when you get it, you just get it.

:thumbs:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/26/health/obamacare-open-enrollment/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Stud.

Huge out of pocket expense compared to what most people have now. I also like how the poor can afford to have better health plans than the middle class. good for them.

The Big Train

« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
Just wait until people see what all they have to divulge to the government through enrollment.  This alone will turn a lot or people away because they will believe it is a major invasion of privacy.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
Just wait until people see what all they have to divulge to the government through enrollment.  This alone will turn a lot or people away because they will believe it is a major invasion of privacy.

This is probably the most laughable talking point yet.  Well done.

The Big Train

« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »

I am in the industry beems, I know how the enrollment process works and what it entails.  I'm just saying you will be surprised by how many people look at it and go, well eff that noise when they see what all they have to put into the app process.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »

I am in the industry beems, I know how the enrollment process works and what it entails.  I'm just saying you will be surprised by how many people look at it and go, well eff that noise when they see what all they have to put into the app process.

What will people have to divulge now that they didn't already have to with their current healthcare provider?  The only thing I could think of would be income tax returns, which would provide proof of income to the insurance companies for people who qualify for subsidies. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »

What will people have to divulge now that they didn't already have to with their current healthcare provider?  The only thing I could think of would be income tax returns, which would provide proof of income to the insurance companies for people who qualify for subsidies.

Some patient applications TODAY ask if he/she owns or has access to firearms.  They're already pretty invasive.  But maybe they'll get better?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:55 PM »

Some patient applications TODAY ask if he/she owns or has access to firearms.  They're already pretty invasive.  But maybe they'll get better?

How is that any more invasive than asking if you've ever had an STD or HIV?  Access to firearms leads to an increased risk of death statistically.  Seems like something a life insurance company might want to know about before insuring someone. 

:dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »

How is that any more invasive than asking if you've ever had an STD or HIV?  Access to firearms leads to an increased risk of death statistically.  Seems like something a life insurance company might want to know about before insuring someone. 

:dunno:

Seems pretty invasive.  I wouldn't answer it; a lot of people don't.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/26/health/obamacare-open-enrollment/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Stud.

Huge out of pocket expense compared to what most people have now. I also like how the poor can afford to have better health plans than the middle class. good for them.

Yeah but at least he's a K-State fan.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Bro of mine works for a company that has bitchin benefits.  They were just informed that they have to reduce the awesomeness of said benefits or they will get nailed by the "cadillac plan tax".  Never heard of this and if true  :flush:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
Bro of mine works for a company that has bitchin benefits.  They were just informed that they have to reduce the awesomeness of said benefits or they will get nailed by the "cadillac plan tax".  Never heard of this and if true  :flush:

Yeah, I think that starts up in a year or two. We're all going to have much shittier plans. Thankfully some groups have been exempted from the taxes, so only regular people are going to be paying extra for good healthcare.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
I've become bombarded with pointless mail from my employer covering their ass with new disclosures and forms from this. Thanks Obama.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2013, 09:08:42 AM »

you act like that's a negative.  it's not.  there's no earthly reason that the public should subsidize the overconsumption of health care by high-salaried workers.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »
What qualifies as a "cadillac plan"? Is it just a low deductible and copay or is there more to it?