Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323325 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2175 on: June 02, 2015, 10:25:05 PM »
Affordable health care is a misnomer. Health insurance is not a human right, it's a financial instrument meant to mitigate against catastrophic events. To say everyone is entitled to "free" healthcare is to say everyone is entitled to food and shelter and water and education.  All of these things are already readily available and more or less provided by our society free of cost to the lowest common denominator. The problem is the overwhelming majority of the lowest common denominator flat our refuses to accept and enrich themselves with these gifts of society, and no matter how the gift is packaged, nothing changes.

So, you can act like a thoughtless idiot and pretend you're a better person for saying "healthcare is a human right", or you can critically think, identify a problem and work towards a solution that actually betters society. Libtardedness is a religion full of indoctrinated lemmings, they are serial enablers or a serious societal problem.

Let us not overlook the fact that none of these "free" "human rights" can be paid for other than by promising the income of an unborn generation.

You carelessly conflate health insurance and healthcare, but more importantly...

This is America.  We don't condemn innocent persons just so that no guilty persons escape justice. As a God-fearing American, I know that ours is not the judgment of fellow man--Ours is only the trying to live in a Christly manner.  The rest is not our business.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2176 on: June 02, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »
being pro health insurance is such a weirdo stance

What a stupid rough ridin' thing to say. Also the most succinct demonstration of ignorance and misplaced aggression that I've seen, so congrats.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 02, 2015, 10:27:48 PM »
FSD, don't you think the downtrodden would perform better at all that bootstraps stuff if they weren't bankrupt and crippled by their medical concerns?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 02, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »
Affordable health care is a misnomer. Health insurance is not a human right, it's a financial instrument meant to mitigate against catastrophic events. To say everyone is entitled to "free" healthcare is to say everyone is entitled to food and shelter and water and education.  All of these things are already readily available and more or less provided by our society free of cost to the lowest common denominator. The problem is the overwhelming majority of the lowest common denominator flat our refuses to accept and enrich themselves with these gifts of society, and no matter how the gift is packaged, nothing changes.

So, you can act like a thoughtless idiot and pretend you're a better person for saying "healthcare is a human right", or you can critically think, identify a problem and work towards a solution that actually betters society. Libtardedness is a religion full of indoctrinated lemmings, they are serial enablers or a serious societal problem.

Let us not overlook the fact that none of these "free" "human rights" can be paid for other than by promising the income of an unborn generation.

You carelessly conflate health insurance with healthcare, but more importantly...

This is America.  We don't condemn innocent persons just so that no guilty persons escape justice. As a God-fearing American, I know that ours is not the judgment of fellow man--Ours is only the trying to live in a Christly manner.  The rest is not our business.

Accusing me of conflating healthcare and health insurance might be the most perverted thing ever written in the pit. This is a thread about Obamacare, the Genesis of the most egregious conflation of the fundamental concepts of health insurance and health care.

You are foolish and have been manipulated into believing that our society was cold and dark before, but that somehow rebranding the existing system into bureaucratic largesse cures the contrived insensitivities of years prior. It's at best a slight of hand, and anyone with a brain can see that.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 02, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »
lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 02, 2015, 10:44:03 PM »
FSD, don't you think the downtrodden would perform better at all that bootstraps stuff if they weren't bankrupt and crippled by their medical concerns?

Your premise is false, as the downtrodden are in the exact same position, or worse, as they were before this abortion of legislation.

I do envy the left for successfully framing the discussion as "the sick and poor are dying on the steps of hospitals because they are denied healthcare". That is fantasy. The fact of the matter is that poor people could have purchased a shitty high deductible hmo before just like they can now (except they can't because the Web page is broken). None of them are doing it because they still don't have cash to pay premiums or deductibles.

You idiots have literally convinced yourselves that opposing the ACA means letting people die in the street and that supporting it is righteous. You sound like the rough ridin' phelps.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 02, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »
the aca did some good but mostly sucks.  it sucks because it's still a health insurance model and health insurance is probably the most immoral major industry in the country

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 02, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
i mean, fsd just laid it out perfectly why free healthcare is the only obvious solution

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 02, 2015, 10:57:59 PM »
I bet if the founding fathers would have started this country today they would have listed free health care in the bill of rights, at least for white males.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 02, 2015, 11:00:55 PM »
the aca did some good but mostly sucks.  it sucks because it's still a health insurance model and health insurance is probably the most immoral major industry in the country

Aeticulate what is immoral about health insurance.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:01 PM »
Sorry, I guess I am in the wrong thread and you are angry about it. I was reflecting on health care more generally. 

The medical industrial insurance complex is what I oppose. It is an insatiable and unsustainable tumorous beast.

I do like the individual mandate as a way to make health insurance actually function like real insurance.

I also like obamacare for getting us that much closer to burning it all down.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:04:44 PM by puniraptor »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »

Health Insurance used to be a good business back in the minimize-and-shed-risk days.  It is slightly less horrible now. 

FSD, sick people aren't dying on the steps of the hospital. They're being admitted, treated for 2.5 days, then discharged with no way to continue their care or any other tools for promoting a care transition.  They then receive and are subsequently hassled with medical bills that are lolhigh to the point that they are discouraged from pursuing continuing medical care.  If they allow themselves to become sufficiently impoverished, they may qualify for Medicaid or other state programs, but even then it takes a certain amount of intelligence and savvy in order to satisfy the endless processes of qualification and re-certification, and all that before we even get to the healthcare part of the equation, not to mention that many of these people already have poor health literacy. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 02, 2015, 11:03:19 PM »
*I don't think the ACA is free healthcare and I definitely don't think it is fulfilling our human American right to healthcare.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 02, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »
The "medical insurance complex". Good gawd

You might as well have a pull string.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 02, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
What percent of our GDP is pure health insurance industry? Probably more than 1

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: June 02, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »

Health Insurance used to be a good business back in the minimize-and-shed-risk days.  It is slightly less horrible now. 

FSD, sick people aren't dying on the steps of the hospital. They're being admitted, treated for 2.5 days, then discharged with no way to continue their care or any other tools for promoting a care transition.  They then receive and are subsequently hassled with medical bills that are lolhigh to the point that they are discouraged from pursuing continuing medical care.  If they allow themselves to become sufficiently impoverished, they may qualify for Medicaid or other state programs, but even then it takes a certain amount of intelligence and savvy in order to satisfy the endless processes of qualification and re-certification, and all that before we even get to the healthcare part of the equation, not to mention that many of these people already have poor health literacy.

What's amazing is that you seem to have identified [a] problem, yet the solution you implicitly adopt unquestionably compounds said problem.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 02, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
What percent of our GDP is pure health insurance industry? Probably more than 1

What percentage is agriculture?

#pullstringtalkingpoints

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 02, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »
You  are a person with no ears who doesn't listen and yells out of your two mouth sides and anus simultaneously.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:20 PM »
 :lol:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 02, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
Real smart Democrats call it the Affordable Care Act, but premiums go up 20 to 40 percent.  Us poor stupid drooling groin scrarchers jus don't get it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »
You  are a person with no ears who doesn't listen and yells out of your two mouth sides and anus simultaneously.

I'm sorry nobody at your high school know who you are. Probably a violation of your human rights

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 02, 2015, 11:16:35 PM »
high school smack!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 02, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 02, 2015, 11:20:43 PM »
Idea 2: whatever Denmark does?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 02, 2015, 11:23:45 PM »
In this thread, I became aware that FSD is from St. Louis.