Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321228 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1850 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
I'm glad you've decided to backpedal into this pathetic straw man attack, because the reckless and unbridled abortion of unborn poors position you were advocating is just rough ridin' despicable and disgusting.  Unfortunately, you can't wash your hand of that, and it won't be forgotten.

guys, i think he realizes he sounds like a crazy person when he says birth control is genocide, but you know... i'm the one backpedeling...  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1851 on: July 14, 2014, 10:58:26 PM »
it prevents millions of poor libtard voters from being born every year.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:03:43 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 14, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »
it's really odd that neocons hate birth control, considering it prevents millions of poor libtard voters from being born every year.

Folks, this is what they really believe. Frightening.

depo-shot = pol pot -- FSD

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 14, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »
it prevents millions of poor libtard voters from being born every year.

Post hoc damage control, "this quote was meant to convey sentiments regarding free rubbers for everyone."

Sure thing, psychopath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 14, 2014, 11:10:42 PM »
it (birth control) does, you rough ridin' moron.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »
it (birth control) does, you rough ridin' moron.

which is also in the original quote that you are now omitting with your backpedeling

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 14, 2014, 11:16:10 PM »
We all knew what you were trying to say, which makes this such a sad and dark day, even for the pit. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 14, 2014, 11:18:39 PM »
 :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 14, 2014, 11:24:05 PM »
prevents millions of poor libtard voters from being born

It's just sad to see this sadistic and anachronistic thinking surface in this day and age. Unsurprisingly, it comes from a devout and dogmatic leftist, the most fanatical and self righteous of religions.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:28:18 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 14, 2014, 11:24:33 PM »
 :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 14, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »
This thread is  crap storm.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:42 AM »
Ed - if you're trolling, I salute you. You really had me going. If you're serious, you just jumped the shark. Or a whole SeaWorld of them.

Also if your issue is that it requires men to have BC coverage its because the issue is being framed by neo-cons that way.  Instead turn it around and look at it as a civil rights issue where you are preventing an insurance company from discriminating against women on the basis of sex.  So in effect you the ACA doesn't mandate men have BC coverage, its mandates that plans can't prohibit companies from discriminating against women.

Wait - are you saying Obamacare requires free condoms for men?! How has the entire universe overlooked this salient fact?

All the more reason why Hobby Lobby is bullshit, my companies first amendment rights which were just invented by old white guys trumps your natural rights as a human, seems fair doesn't it?

Ah yes, the "natural right" to free birth control provided by your employer. I believe that was discussed at length in Federalist Papers No. 9.
please read and attempt to understand the points made and the cases noted.  If you have questions ill answer them.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 15, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
I would also like to take a moment tonight to applaud Seven.  Great.form.sir.  :billdance:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO OF FSD PUTTING SEVEN AGAINST THE ROPES:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
Ed - if you're trolling, I salute you. You really had me going. If you're serious, you just jumped the shark. Or a whole SeaWorld of them.

Also if your issue is that it requires men to have BC coverage its because the issue is being framed by neo-cons that way.  Instead turn it around and look at it as a civil rights issue where you are preventing an insurance company from discriminating against women on the basis of sex.  So in effect you the ACA doesn't mandate men have BC coverage, its mandates that plans can't prohibit companies from discriminating against women.

Wait - are you saying Obamacare requires free condoms for men?! How has the entire universe overlooked this salient fact?

All the more reason why Hobby Lobby is bullshit, my companies first amendment rights which were just invented by old white guys trumps your natural rights as a human, seems fair doesn't it?

Ah yes, the "natural right" to free birth control provided by your employer. I believe that was discussed at length in Federalist Papers No. 9.
please read and attempt to understand the points made and the cases noted.  If you have questions ill answer them.

I understand your points just fine, to the extent that stupidity can be understood. You are arguing that Hobby Lobby, by allowing business owners to assert freedom of religion (and that's not exactly what it holds, but let's not quibble over specifics), allows the business owners to trample on the "rights" of their employees.

The question is, what "rights" are being trampled upon? And here is where your argument falls apart, as I illustrated above. This is not, as you argue, a matter of equal protection. Obamacare does not require free male contraception. Nor is there a right to "free" contraception.

The employees' right to access to birth control is the same as it has been since Griswold. If you want, you can trot your happy ass down to the pharmacy and buy it. Just don't demand that your employer pay for it. There is no such right.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 15, 2014, 08:44:53 AM »
I really wouldn't care about this at all if the law didn't mandate that individuals purchase insurance that includes birth control. Giving a business an exemption on religious grounds when their employees aren't required to follow their religion just doesn't make sense to me. My religion says I'm not supposed to kill people. That didn't give me an exemption from filling out a draft card.
whats your beef with birth control?  If its because of religious issues woild you have the same objections to Jehovah witness and blood transfusions or scientology and psychological care?

I have no beef with birth control. It's great. This issue is not about birth control to me, though. It's about the religious exemption granted to a corporation. Freedom of religion includes the freedom to be non-religious. An employer should not be able to get an exemption on a law only so they can insure that their employees are following the beliefs of a religion that those employees may not even believe in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 15, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Freedom of religion includes the freedom to be non-religious. An employer should not be able to get an exemption on a law only so they can insure that their employees are following the beliefs of a religion that those employees may not even believe in.

Again, this is so simple, I don't understand why you can't grasp it. The Hobby Lobby owners are not trying to "insure [sic] that their employees are following" the same religious beliefs of the owners. The owners just don't want to pay for something that they find immoral. The employees remain free to do whatever they want on their own dime. Why can't you understand that distinction?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 15, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
Freedom of religion includes the freedom to be non-religious. An employer should not be able to get an exemption on a law only so they can insure that their employees are following the beliefs of a religion that those employees may not even believe in.

Again, this is so simple, I don't understand why you can't grasp it. The Hobby Lobby owners are not trying to "insure [sic] that their employees are following" the same religious beliefs of the owners. The owners just don't want to pay for something that they find immoral. The employees remain free to do whatever they want on their own dime. Why can't you understand that distinction?

I would be curious to see how much 4 methods of birth control move the needle on a group insurance premium. I'm betting it's pretty close to 0.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 15, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »

I would be curious to see how much 4 methods of birth control move the needle on a group insurance premium. I'm betting it's pretty close to 0.

That is irrelevant. If it is part of the policy, and they're paying for the policy, then they're paying for the birth control coverage.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:33:36 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »

That is irrelevant. If it is part of the policy, and they're paying for the policy, then they're paying for the birth control coverage.

Oh, the horror.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 15, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »

Oh, the horror.

You don't find it morally objectionable - neither do I - but I do think we should respect freedom of religion in this country. These owners are not kooks. They have deep-seated religious beliefs, beliefs that are shared, by the way, by millions of Americans. And they walk the walk. They don't operate on Sundays, and their starting wage is significantly higher than the minimum wage because they believe it is the right thing to do (something they were widely praised for in liberal circles just a few years ago before they threatened the sacred cows of Obamacare and free birth control).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 15, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »

Oh, the horror.

You don't find it morally objectionable - neither do I - but I do think we should respect freedom of religion in this country. These owners are not kooks. They have deep-seated religious beliefs, beliefs that are shared, by the way, by millions of Americans. And they walk the walk. They don't operate on Sundays, and their starting wage is significantly higher than the minimum wage because they believe it is the right thing to do (something they were widely praised for in liberal circles just a few years ago before they threatened the sacred cows of Obamacare and free birth control).

If the US ever has to have another draft, are you ok with Christians and Jews being exempt?