Author Topic: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)  (Read 33803 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »
I am assuming that all articles are liberal bias articles to date and that the news is just filthy with non-liberal, truth-telling-all-the-time conservative/non-bias media but that I am not seeing them across my Google News feeds.   :dunno:

So far, the majority of the info that counters such liberal-loving sources is basically just FSD ITT.

This is completely incoherent, but if I'm interpreting correctly,  you need to understand the difference between lying and deliberately misleading.

No. Post the articles that aren't lying or being deliberately misleading.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:16 PM »
A 23% tax on home sales would make it pretty hard to leave Kansas because nobody would be willing to buy your current house from you.

Indeed.  There would be some insane short sales.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »
It's funny listening to libtards talk about deficits and fiscal responsibility as if they really care. :lol:

You guyz, I really think we all need to pay higher taxes in kansas. And Davis should totally run on that.

Yeah, but conservatives like myself find this budget deficit somewhat alarming. Brownback has spent way more than he brings in. Any homeowner who makes ends meet every month knows that this is a recipe for disaster.

If Kansas indeed runs a deficit, then the simplest and most paletable solution is to cut spending. I'm glad that Brownback is pushing for Kansas to have one of the lowest tax burdens in the country. Ultimately, I believe that this will be beneficial for job growth and the Kansas economy - not to mention saving us all money in the process - but that doesn't happen overnight.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
What is an adequate timeline on
Ultimately, I believe that this will be beneficial for job growth and the Kansas economy - not to mention saving us all money in the process - but that doesn't happen overnight.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:05:28 PM by CNS »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »
Real Estate isn't subject to sales tax you rubes. Stupid idea, regardless.

I read Pan's posted quote to mean it would be.

It's an awful idea

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
What is an adequate timeline on
Ultimately, I believe that this will be beneficial for job growth and the Kansas economy - not to mention saving us all money in the process - but that doesn't happen overnight.

I don't know and don't really care. Again, worst case scenario is that we cut government spending and taxpayers pay less taxes. I'm fine with the worst case scenario, so anything else is gravy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Worst case scenario is that we become Mississippi'ish with shitty schools, poor infrastructure,  and the move doesn't attract biz.  All the while prop taxes go up regionally.  Sound good?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2014, 03:47:32 PM »
 :billdance:
I am assuming that all articles are liberal bias articles to date and that the news is just filthy with non-liberal, truth-telling-all-the-time conservative/non-bias media but that I am not seeing them across my Google News feeds.   :dunno:

So far, the majority of the info that counters such liberal-loving sources is basically just FSD ITT.

This is completely incoherent, but if I'm interpreting correctly,  you need to understand the difference between lying and deliberately misleading.

No. Post the articles that aren't lying or being deliberately misleading.

Is this one of those deals whereby pointing out the deception in an article in favor of one opinion makes me a stringent supporter of the inverse of said opinion?

Whatever facts you're looking for are linked in the pit or abundantly available using the interwebs. If you choose to rely on the lazy work of a journalist trained at the university of kansas making $28k per year to guide your thought process and deliver you all the facts,  well that's your prerogative.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
Worst case scenario is that we become Mississippi'ish with shitty schools, poor infrastructure,  and the move doesn't attract biz.  All the while prop taxes go up regionally.  Sound good?

In this scenario property taxes probably didn't go up.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
FYI, I am relying on the lazy Google News service with a standing search category of The State Of Kansas.

If that Is a secret liberal trap for bias-only articles, it is news to me.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »

In this scenario property taxes probably didn't go up.

Well, then......

Utopia?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »

Meh, we'll see but I doubt it. Even with a conservative legislature, there's still plenty of fat in the budget. To take your school funding, for example, the amount of money spent on school administration (bureaucracy), as opposed to the actual teachers, supplies, and facilities, is ridiculous. And roads will be fine. Blue states spend much more on infrastructure and get shittier results, again because of how the money is spent/stolen. It's less a matter of how much you spend than what you spend it on.

Kansas is a great place to live. We don't have mountains or a beach, but we've got an excellent cost of living and quality of life. I fully support Brownback's initiatives to reduce our tax burden, as should most Kansans. If you get your paycheck from the state government or just have a natural liberal disposition, I can understand why you'd feel otherwise.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
Targeting two or three ppl, for earning $20k too much, per small district (most districts in KS are), is not resloving anything, fyi.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
I agree that the number of administrators in the school system seems pretty high. I don't know if it's necessary to deal with crappy legislation like NCLB or what, but there are definitely more administrators per student than there were 10 years ago. :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
I agree that the number of administrators in the school system seems pretty high. I don't know if it's necessary to deal with crappy legislation like NCLB or what, but there are definitely more administrators per student than there were 10 years ago. :dunno:

a politician should suggest consolidating all the tiny ass school districts in Kansas that are HUUUUUUGE wastes of money.

Nah, let's just cut teacher salaries instead.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »

a politician should suggest consolidating all the tiny ass school districts in Kansas that are HUUUUUUGE wastes of money.

It gets suggested all the time. Those cities with the tiny schools fight tooth and nail to keep them, as they should. The school is usually the only place that draws an educated populace to live in those crappy towns. I'm not sure what can be done at the state level to get rid of them, and I'm not 100% sure it's not in Kansas' best interest to keep wasting some money on them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:18:14 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »

It gets suggested all the time. Those cities with the tiny schools fight tooth and nail to keep them, as they should. The school is usually the only place that draws an educated populace to live in those crappy towns. I'm not what can be done at the state level to get rid of them, and I'm not 100% sure it's not in Kansas' best interest to keep wasting some money on them.

I said school districts, not schools.

Still, those kids would be better served getting bused to a larger consolidated school. And quite honestly, a town that relies on a shitty high school with 20 kids to survive probably deserves to die. Free market and crap.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Those RHINO fuckers obviously don't read The New American:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors/item/18685-kansas-tax-cuts-already-improving-the-state-s-economy
A close look at what is happening in the Kansas City metro area is revealing: From May 2011 through May 2012 (June numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics won’t be published until July 18), almost three-fourths of job growth took place in Kansas City, Kansas. What’s even more impressive, however, is that Kansas City, Kansas has one-fourth the population of Kansas City, Missouri: 145,000 compared to 476,000. As Will Upton modestly concluded in his blog at Americans for Tax Reform, “It is arguable that the 2012 spike [in employment on the Kansas side of town] was caused by businesses anticipating a better tax climate in Kansas after the 2012 tax cuts.”

One personal note on the small biz friendliness of Our Guy Sam: our company has been audited twice in the last 8 months by KS.  Our acct said that this is happening all over her client sheet.  KS is getting super aggressive in number of audits on KS biz, according to her.  So, the friend of small biz is doing us a big favor by cutting taxes and then doing their best to Ruffie us at the after party.  If sam wants to do small biz a favor, uncomplicate the tax laws and leave us alone.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »
@KansasGOP has been pretty good today.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Kansas is No. 5 Pro-Business State

What's the fluttering I hear - must be all the jobs flocking their way towards Kansas. Welcome friends!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »
http://ksn.com/2014/07/24/ksn-news-poll-still-shows-davis-ahead-of-brownback-in-race-for-governor/

WICHITA, Kansas — There are only three months remaining until the November election, and the KSN News Poll conducted exclusively for KSN-TV by SurveyUSA still shows Kansas Governor Sam Brownback losing to his Democratic challenger, Paul Davis.

In that race, Davis leads Brownback 48% to 40% with a margin of error of +/- 2.9%.

SurveyUSA interviewed 2,400 Kansan adults from July 17 – 22. Of those, 2,079 were registered to vote. Of the number of people registered, 1,208 voters were determined to be likely to vote in the General Election on November 4.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »
KSN-TV = liberal rag

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2014, 09:56:07 AM »
basically all of the world is laughing about how horribly brownback's scheme has gone. if he is re-elected then this state truly is hopeless.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »

Wage war on school children? !?!?  Not the best political strategy