Author Topic: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)  (Read 33740 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Kansas Governor watch (early polling)
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
Since we've taken two large steps into conjecture,  conversely if revenues came in $300 million ahead of projections in the first few months of next fiscal year we'd be looking at billions of dollars of surplus.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:21:11 AM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
Would be pretty pissed if the state over taxed us to the tune of a Bill.  Seems like we should be shooting for even...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2014, 09:27:24 AM »
Would be pretty pissed if the state over taxed us to the tune of a Bill.  Seems like we should be shooting for even...

Yeah, I mean if they would just stop thinking that taxing people at 4% instead of 6% is going to create some super utopia of jobs and revenues and start making realistic predictions, they would spend less, not wreck our credit, and not necessitate tax hikes in the near future to pay off the oncoming debt.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »

Yeah, I mean if they would just stop thinking that taxing people at 4% instead of 6% is going to create some super utopia of jobs and revenues and start making realistic predictions, they would spend less, not wreck our credit, and not necessitate tax hikes in the near future to pay off the oncoming debt.

You must have been inflamed when Sebelius and Parkinson ran that $600 million deficit that drained the state's coffers and necessitated the sales tax hike.

I bet your blood boils over the thought that Kansas’s $217 million shortfall equals approximately 15 minutes of federal deficit spending.

You're both correct though, budgeting $14.6 billion is a cake walk. No reason not to hit projections down to the cent. Does it bother you that the State budgeted for a surplus, obviating your concerns of tax increases?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »

You must have been inflamed when Sebelius and Parkinson ran that $600 million deficit that drained the state's coffers and necessitated the sales tax hike.

I bet your blood boils over the thought that Kansas’s $217 million shortfall equals approximately 15 minutes of federal deficit spending.

You're both correct though, budgeting $14.6 billion is a cake walk. No reason not to hit projections down to the cent. Does it bother you that the State budgeted for a surplus, obviating your concerns of tax increases?

We just missed the projection for 1 month by $217 million.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2014, 11:10:28 AM »
I am all for hitting them on the cent.  That sounds good.  Let's do that.   :driving:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
Why are we worried about budgets, taxes, and stuff? Just spend whatever and don't worry about it 'cause someone will pay for it all later .

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
Why are we worried about budgets, taxes, and stuff? Just spend whatever and don't worry about it 'cause someone will pay for it all later .

Our credit isn't any better than KU's, so we aren't going to be able to borrow our way out of this. :frown:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2014, 06:42:36 AM »

Well we can't print our own money and we are legally required to balance our budget, so deficits are a bit more of an issue.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »

Well we can't print our own money and we are legally required to balance our budget, so deficits are a bit more of an issue.

I know, it's just funny when liberals talk about fiscal responsibility. Totally tounge in cheek.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

I know, it's just funny when liberals talk about fiscal responsibility. Totally tounge in cheek.

Well, the conservatives seem to be doing a fantastic job of balancing the Kansas budget.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Last I checked the State budget is balanced with room to spare, so I'm not sure why the feigned concern. Meanwhile the federal government is boasting of the demand for the bonds it is forced to buy, and is so grossly mismanaged we have vets dying in line for a doctor and can't even pull off a medieval prisoner swap.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
Money isn't really real today anyway  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »
Money isn't really real today anyway  :dunno:

This is sort of a variation of a Paulism.

Sadly, for fiat currency, if people stop giving it credibility it begins to no longer exist.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »
Juggalo currency!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:01 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/06/3496739/economist-kansas-leaders-misrepresented.html

Analyst: Kansas leaders misrepresented research into cause of state tax revenue drop

Lucy Dadayan, a policy analyst with the Rockefeller Institute of Government, says the revenue department misrepresented her research about state tax revenue and that Kansas could be forced to make cuts in the near future.

“Kansas has been affected by this one-time 2013 tax year event. This is evidenced by a 47 percent drop in April and May payments attributed primarily to capital gains,” the Department of Revenue said in its release.

But the report tells a significantly different story for Kansas, one of six states to experience a double-digit percentage decline in personal income tax revenue.

“The large declines in Delaware, Kansas, and North Dakota are mostly attributable to the legislative changes that cut income tax rates as well as restructured tax brackets,” the report states.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »
http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/06/3496739/economist-kansas-leaders-misrepresented.html

Analyst: Kansas leaders misrepresented research into cause of state tax revenue drop

Lucy Dadayan, a policy analyst with the Rockefeller Institute of Government, says the revenue department misrepresented her research about state tax revenue and that Kansas could be forced to make cuts in the near future.

“Kansas has been affected by this one-time 2013 tax year event. This is evidenced by a 47 percent drop in April and May payments attributed primarily to capital gains,” the Department of Revenue said in its release.

But the report tells a significantly different story for Kansas, one of six states to experience a double-digit percentage decline in personal income tax revenue.

“The large declines in Delaware, Kansas, and North Dakota are mostly attributable to the legislative changes that cut income tax rates as well as restructured tax brackets,” the report states.

Has Supply Side Economics worked ever? It might work in a vacuum, But when you dont control the money supply its quite the gamble, since youre not able to swollow the deficits.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
big budget cuts sound like a pretty good re-elect campaign, unless you are making such cuts because you flubbed the rev projection, that is.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
Some earth shattering investigative journalism right there. Thanks for staying on top of the story CNS

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »
Anything for The Pit. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2014, 07:47:26 AM »
SCHOOLS!  :Woohoo:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2014, 09:47:01 PM »
I hope Davis runs on reversing Brownback's tax cuts. That should work well for him.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.