Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234903 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2014, 10:24:34 PM »
Dudes, that video came out of Brown shoving a store clerk, or that he may have stolen some blunt wraps doesn't really matter. It wouldn't matter if Brown had stolen the cigs, shoved the clerk, rubbed his junk on some kid on the way out, and then ran over a gas pump on his way out. Once -- regardless of a scuffle with the cop -- the first shot was fired, when he ran then knelt and raised his hands, then the cop pumped him full of more lead the situation is the same.

The cop still decided to continue to empty bullets into the dude's body.
I'll ask again, where is anyone getting that from?  His accomplice?  Has there been any reputable news agency reporting this as fact and not conjecture from the crowd?  Any "leaks" or source?   
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2014, 10:25:43 PM »
For a thread which continuously says they are dealing in facts and not conjecture, we sure are willing to jump to the moon to support the cop as executioner theory.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
I'm going with eyewitness twitter bro.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

For a thread which continuously says they are dealing in facts and not conjecture, we sure are willing to jump to the moon to support the cop as executioner theory.

Nobody speaks for the thread idiot (except for me obviously and I haven't spoken)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 15, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »

Nobody speaks for the thread idiot (except for me obviously and I haven't spoken)
than why do people keep bringing up the cop killed an unarmed, non-aggressive teen talking point?  MiR has been the most level about holding back on conjecture from what I've seen.  Everyone else's square one is cop killed unarmed teen who was surrendering or didn't pose an immediate threat.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Ask them, or point out their flaws, whatever. Don't blame the thread or board for your inability to convince them though.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:25 PM »
Ask them, or point out their flaws, whatever. Don't blame the thread or board for your inability to convince them though.
Would you like me to point out all the requests?  I'm not blaming the thread for anything, I just don't like being attacked for stuff which people are saying they aren't doing (jumping to conclusions).  But I'll....tone it down I guess? I would just like to see people frame stuff as their opinion and not get mad when its questioned with legitimate facts.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
I think they got into a physical confrontation. No idea who started it. Kid gets shot once during the scuffle, breaks away, cop guns him down from 35 feet away. On his knees or not is irrelevant to me.

I do take some stock in twitter bros account.

I'm guessing the cop got his ass whooped and killed Brown because of it. I think that is wrong. I think that is terrible, as I said earlier in this thread. I can't imagine losing a fight and then gunning a guy down. I can't imagine that mindset. I just can't.

I'll wait for more facts before I decide whether the cop should be convicted or not of something. Regardless, the cop murdered Brown in my eyes because Brown beat his ass. I'd be a terrible juror, I know this.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:03 PM »
I think they got into a physical confrontation. No idea who started it. Kid gets shot once during the scuffle, breaks away, cop guns him down from 35 feet away. On his knees or not is irrelevant to me.

I'm guessing the cop got his ass whooped and killed Brown because of it. I think that is wrong. I think that is terrible, as I said earlier in this thread. I can't imagine losing a fight and then gunning a guy down. I can't imagine that mindset. I just can't.

I'll wait for more facts before I decide whether the cop should be convicted or not of something. Regardless, the cop murdered Brown in my eyes because Brown beat his ass. I'd be a terrible juror, I know this.

I think you would be a fine juror. The only thing that would change my mind would be an autopsy that shows that none of the shots were in the back and that all of them were at close range. That would refute most of what we have been led to believe. Otherwise, the important facts are all out there.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »

Which could very well be how it happened.  I would only like to see the timeline of events.  I would like to know if the cop has any injuries and how severe.  The necessary info, which I've mentioned before, is the placement of shots. 

For argument's sake, what if they cop has a broken face from an altercation, leaning against his car and the Brown backs off to 10 ft.  Multiple shots, hit front, and some hit in the back as the guy falls.  Does that sound like murder to people?  I just don't like the rush to judgement that this was a murder with so few facts available.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 15, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

Which could very well be how it happened.  I would only like to see the timeline of events.  I would like to know if the cop has any injuries and how severe.  The necessary info, which I've mentioned before, is the placement of shots. 

For argument's sake, what if they cop has a broken face from an altercation, leaning against his car and the Brown backs off to 10 ft.  Multiple shots, hit front, and some hit in the back as the guy falls.  Does that sound like murder to people?  I just don't like the rush to judgement that this was a murder with so few facts available.

It's too late for me to get into this, I'm tired. That's a brief summation of my views at this moment. Perhaps tomorrow, we can continue our dialogue.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »

I think you would be a fine juror. The only thing that would change my mind would be an autopsy that shows that none of the shots were in the back and that all of them were at close range. That would refute most of what we have been led to believe. Otherwise, the important facts are all out there.

I'm just saying if it did go down the way I said and the law says the cop was justified because he felt the lives of others or himself were still in danger at 35 feet away, I'd still convict because I'd think that cop was an idiot.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 15, 2014, 11:37:35 PM »
General question here, if i wrestle for a cops gun in his car and then get spooked and run away while he shouts stop or i'll shoot, am I good to go?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 15, 2014, 11:39:49 PM »
Dudes, that video came out of Brown shoving a store clerk, or that he may have stolen some blunt wraps doesn't really matter. It wouldn't matter if Brown had stolen the cigs, shoved the clerk, rubbed his junk on some kid on the way out, and then ran over a gas pump on his way out. Once -- regardless of a scuffle with the cop -- the first shot was fired, when he ran then knelt and raised his hands, then the cop pumped him full of more lead the situation is the same.

The cop still decided to continue to empty bullets into the dude's body.
I'll ask again, where is anyone getting that from?  His accomplice?  Has there been any reputable news agency reporting this as fact and not conjecture from the crowd?  Any "leaks" or source?

Nearly everyone has alluded to this as the generally agreed upon chain of events, and said as much. They've also said that if this chain of events comes out as false that it would change things considerably. No one is arguing that we know these things as fact, but using the law on the assumption that this chain of events is true.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »
How many feet do i have to get away from the cop to be ollie oxen free?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2014, 11:48:51 PM »
Is there some deal where I have to wait for the cop to switch to rubber bullets, and then resume running
'Cuz I want this to be fair where I don't die and the cop doesn't go to prison.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »
This thread needs some heinballz, then we can really pit it up.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2014, 11:53:37 PM »
None of these questions are toward you Trim, 'cuz God knows I don't want Steve dave coming
down on me.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 15, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »

what does the heinballz signal look like?  a broken mig weld?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 16, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
Looks like the SWAT teams are back!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 16, 2014, 01:04:57 AM »
Reilly is a pretty good follow right now.

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 16, 2014, 02:56:47 AM »

what does the heinballz signal look like?  a broken mig weld?

shame yourself thread, but i don't get it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »
General question here, if i wrestle for a cops gun in his car and then get spooked and run away while he shouts stop or i'll shoot, am I good to go?

Nope, you get death by firing squad in the street.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »
None of these questions are toward you Trim, 'cuz God knows I don't want Steve dave coming
down on me.

Never heard of you, while edn is 1) the guy I remember as hating Pullen or Beasley or both and 2) this thread.

It sounds like you're asking about the fleeing felon stuff.

Here's the case along with a really brief synopsis.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=471&invol=1

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/criminal-law/criminal-law-keyed-to-lafave/justification-and-excuse/tennessee-v-garner-4/

It's not so much a "capture the bad guy who's running away by shooting him" thing, but a "prevent a known or reasonably believed danger" thing.

So in the scenario that's been presented, with Brown down and defeated and not a danger, and then shot dead, I don't see the fleeing felon concept applying.

Obviously if the facts aren't that, things change.  Realize that the debate about murder and degrees stemmed from RATM saying the presented scenario wouldn't be 1st degree murder and me and others pointing out why it would.  That's been spun to us saying that this is 1st degree murder right now no matter what facts are given to a jury, even though I've made it pretty clear that everything is contingent on what's presented to a jury and how, and that I don't think that will happen sufficiently no matter what the facts actually were.

But for current argument's sake  and the court of public opinion, you can infer a lot from how the Ferguson cops are trying to get over on everyone, as if a bunch of $30K/year cops who've already demonstrated a lot of stupidity are gonna outwit anyone.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 16, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »

Nope, you get death by firing squad in the street.

Yes, we should let anyone eff with law enforcement however they want with no reprocussions whatsoever.  You know you're a major contributer to society when the only thing you have to do all day is light buildings on fire and loot neighborhood stores.  Personally I think they should just open fire and get rid of some more worthless rough ridin' mouthbreathers.