Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4107468 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #4650 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
GabeDeArmond    Sources tell PowerMizzou.com Mike Alden will meet with Tiger coaches this afternoon at 4 p.m.

Mike Anderson will be in tears, so will Gary Pinkle but his will be from joy.  

Or it's to tell them that the Big 12 has officially booted them with the replacement of Arkansas.  

Offline monumentcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
GabeDeArmond    Sources tell PowerMizzou.com Mike Alden will meet with Tiger coaches this afternoon at 4 p.m.

Mike Anderson will be in tears, so will Gary Pinkle but his will be from joy. 

I have to admit that I will be in tears of joy also.  I may have to excuse myself from work.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
Can't wait to hear Fitz report on scooping dog crap at 3.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
BloomOnHoops    For Aggies, the economics go beyond just a TV deal. Now it's about ticket sales and program energy. Fans haven't been this excited in YEARS.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: June 14, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
So is MU going to make the commitment they couldn't bring themselves to do two weeks ago?

Really, shazbot! them.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: June 14, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
BITB now shoving crap into Nubbs' face.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: June 14, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
greggdoyelcbs    TxA&M regent Gene Stallings wants B12 to live! Assuming Aggies don't get sweet deal elsewhere. Thanks Gene. News: http://bit.ly/a7NEKf

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: June 14, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »
Mizzou better not eff this up.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: June 14, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe and apology to this guy as well:

Why? Because a tv network contacted him with a deal that held together the conference?

I don't see how you can blame Beebe for the loss of Colorado and Nebraska.  There are a whole host of reasons for why those schools jumped ship.  Beebe just put together a great plan to keep the rest of the conference together in a relatively short period of time.  As fast as things were moving last week, I give Beebe a lot of credit for working his ass off and getting the job done.  When all is said and done, the new Big 12 might be better than ever.  

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: June 14, 2010, 02:18:46 PM »
Looks like we may not know until later this week...

Texas A&M regent Stallings wants Big 12 to survive
June 14, 2010
CBSSports.com wire reports    

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas A&M regent Gene Stallings says he wants the Big 12 to survive -- and would vote to keep the Aggies in the league if they don't get a much better offer from another conference.

Stallings told the Associated Press on Monday that keeping the Big 12 together "would tickle me to death."

Stallings coached Alabama to a football national championship in 1992. If Texas A&M moves, he'd rather see the Aggies go to the Southeastern Conference than the Pac-10.

But Stallings says the last thing he wants to see is the Big 12 break apart. Aggies officials have met with Pac-10 and SEC officials in recent days.

Regents at Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have scheduled meetings Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss conference allegiances. Stallings says he expects Texas A&M regents to meet later this week.
Copyright 2010 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
The Big 12(10) should somehow force NU to have to write a physical check instead of just losing revenue

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »
 gkketch

Source from one of the North schools tells me that their coaches have been told their school has been saved. Big 12 minus 2 living it seems. 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4662 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe and apology to this guy as well:

Why? Because a tv network contacted him with a deal that held together the conference?

I don't see how you can blame Beebe for the loss of Colorado and Nebraska.  There are a whole host of reasons for why those schools jumped ship.  Beebe just put together a great plan to keep the rest of the conference together in a relatively short period of time.  As fast as things were moving last week, I give Beebe a lot of credit for working his ass off and getting the job done.  When all is said and done, the new Big 12 might be better than ever. 

What part of "he should have been doing this crap 4 years ago" didn't get through?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: June 14, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe an apology to this guy as well:

This is who we will be thanking.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: June 14, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
I still can't believe anyone could think K-State could be better off in any realistic situation not aligned with Texas.  Unbelievable really.

I will love being in the Big TeXas Conference.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: June 14, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »
I still can't believe anyone could think K-State could be better off in any realistic situation not aligned with Texas.  Unbelievable really.

I will love being in the Big TeXas Conference.

YES!^

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: June 14, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
Dan Beebe handles conference negotiations like I handled term papers while at  :ksu:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: June 14, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
I'm starting hope, and that worries me.      :pray: :pray: :pray:

royalswild

« Reply #4668 on: June 14, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
jimmiekaska: Big 12 might save their league after all. Neat. Because Iowa State vs Texas every year will rock.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: June 14, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
The Big 12(10) should somehow force NU to have to write a physical check instead of just losing revenue

I would send them their revenue check, but have the bank and cancel that check right before I dropped it in the mail.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: June 14, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
would be cool to make the check a really big one like happy gilmore kept winning in the movie.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: June 14, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »
How many more times will I flip flop on what I thinks going to happen before something is announced. 8?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: June 14, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
would be cool to make the check a really big one like happy gilmore kept winning in the movie.

That's how I picture it.  And Tom has to write it in front of Deloss (who's smoking a cigar and counting a wad of hundreds right in his face).  

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: June 14, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
BITB putting a clown suit on Clinkscale

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: June 14, 2010, 02:26:14 PM »

I don't see how you can blame Beebe for the loss of Colorado and Nebraska.  There are a whole host of reasons for why those schools jumped ship.  Beebe just put together a great plan to keep the rest of the conference together in a relatively short period of time.  As fast as things were moving last week, I give Beebe a lot of credit for working his ass off and getting the job done.  When all is said and done, the new Big 12 might be better than ever.  

I congratulate Beebe on getting rid of CU and NU.  GOD BLESS YOU DAN BEEBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 (for getting rid of CU and NU).