Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5686152 times)

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #14475 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »
QB Recruiting thoughts moving forward

1. Sucks to lose Sharp. I really liked his film and thought he'd be a good fit in our system. Best of luck to him as a WR in UCLA.
2. AJ Bush/Jeremy (Not the Jet) Jones should be getting, or hopefully already had visits with coaching staff trying to renew interest.
3. This Zach Davidson kid that doesn't even have a rivals database is rumored to be visiting. His film actually isn't too bad and his game reminds A LOT of CK.
4. Start praying that we land Alex Delton. I think he would be a slam dunk.

Overall we need a QB in this class. It's good for business.
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
that was the real 'hatter? :sdeek:

Where are the barrage of "love 'hatter" posts whenever that dumbass tuck is mentioned on here. It isn't the first time he's trashed a former recruit and won't be the last. He's no different than most that sees these guys as nothing more than commodities. Can't wait to hear again about how cool hatter is.

I stayed out of that conversation, but I'm not a fan of 'hatter. I've tried following him on twitter, but he's way too tuckish for me to handle.
@KSUManhatter is not the manhatter.

I have no idea which one I used to follow.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: January 20, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »

Where are the barrage of "love 'hatter" posts whenever that dumbass tuck is mentioned on here. It isn't the first time he's trashed a former recruit and won't be the last. He's no different than most that sees these guys as nothing more than commodities. Can't wait to hear again about how cool hatter is.

I stayed out of that conversation, but I'm not a fan of 'hatter. I've tried following him on twitter, but he's way too tuckish for me to handle.

I don't think the real manhatter is on twitter.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14478 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:37 PM »
QB Recruiting thoughts moving forward

1. Sucks to lose Sharp. I really liked his film and thought he'd be a good fit in our system. Best of luck to him as a WR in UCLA.
2. AJ Bush/Jeremy (Not the Jet) Jones should be getting, or hopefully already had visits with coaching staff trying to renew interest.
3. This Zach Davidson kid that doesn't even have a rivals database is rumored to be visiting. His film actually isn't too bad and his game reminds A LOT of CK.
4. Start praying that we land Alex Delton. I think he would be a slam dunk.

Overall we need a QB in this class. It's good for business.

I'm pretty open minded, but the Davidson kid is a huge stretch.  Moore seems like a better option to just give a scholarship to.

I didn't find much to like in Davidson's video.  But that's just my opinion.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: January 20, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »
i dont think davidson is a scholarship option. walkon im hoping.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »
Team Delton or Bust.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: January 20, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »

I like Hatter.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: January 20, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
I'm curious if the loss of Sharp impacts how they use Sams going forward.  Without Sharp I don't see how Sams sees much time outside of backup/wildcat QB next season. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: January 20, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »

almost every fan of any sports team amateur or pro sees players as commodities.  Is that your critique of hatter?  People like hatter because he is absurdly enthusiastic about recruits and a goofball.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: January 20, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »
Would have loved to have had Sharp in this class. It doesn't affect next year at all though. Just have to make sure we land Delton though. Can't miss on your QB two years in a row.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: January 20, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
We can grab a juco qb next year too, dorks.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
I don't think we have any real shot at Delton unless his offers end up being crappy.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »

I don't think the real manhatter is on twitter.

Oh. Then I guess I don't have an opinion.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: January 20, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
We can grab a juco qb next year too, dorks.

Yeah I'm on board for this.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: January 20, 2014, 10:56:58 PM »
I don't think we have any real shot at Delton unless his offers end up being crappy.

I know you're trolling, but rumblings are that Sharp's flip has made KSU much more of a player for Delton.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14490 on: January 20, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
Also, I know this has been reported, but I hear Ertz is a bamf in practice.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:02 PM »

i don't "have" GPC - my only knowledge of him is what he posts here (usually good and/or funny), and then the weird not-him twitter stuff.  that's why i asked

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »

I know you're trolling, but rumblings are that Sharp's flip has made KSU much more of a player for Delton.

Yeah. Unless LSU offers, I'll feel good about our chances. No insider info though.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »

I'll believe it as long as it's not wally doing the rumbling.

Offline GoPowercat.com

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »
DJamer Wally wanted me to share this...

In the midst of all the chaos tonight upon Aaron Sharp announcing his decision to attend UCLA, I received an intriguing message.

Highly coveted 2015 quarterback Alex Delton reached out to me and wanted to know if the Sharp buzz was true. When I told him that it was, Delton proceeded to tell me how heavy K-State has been on him lately. Perhaps coaches saw this all coming or perhaps they just value him that much. Either way, it's paying off big to this point.

Delton says he's loving the attention from K-State right now and that he and the staff have already developed a "special relationship".

I wrapped up our brief conversation by finally asking the obvious: How much does Sharp's de-commitment matter to Delton's recruitment?

Alex's answer? "Definitely matters."

Wouldn't expect Delton to announce any sort of commitment any time soon, to K-State or any place else. But you have to like the direction his recruitment is heading from a Wildcat point of view.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:20 PM »

i don't "have" GPC - my only knowledge of him is what he posts here (usually good and/or funny), and then the weird not-him twitter stuff.  that's why i asked

I usually enjoy his gE posts. So I guess I like him. :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »

almost every fan of any sports team amateur or pro sees players as commodities.  Is that your critique of hatter?  People like hatter because he is absurdly enthusiastic about recruits and a goofball.

This.  And he would find something good about the crappiest DITR our staff brought in

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »

In the midst of all the chaos tonight upon Aaron Sharp announcing his decision to attend UCLA, I received an intriguing message.

Highly coveted 2015 quarterback Alex Delton reached out to me and wanted to know if the Sharp buzz was true. When I told him that it was, Delton proceeded to tell me how heavy K-State has been on him lately. Perhaps coaches saw this all coming or perhaps they just value him that much. Either way, it's paying off big to this point.

Delton says he's loving the attention from K-State right now and that he and the staff have already developed a "special relationship".

I wrapped up our brief conversation by finally asking the obvious: How much does Sharp's de-commitment matter to Delton's recruitment?

Wouldn't expect Delton to announce any sort of commitment any time soon, to K-State or any place else. But you have to like the direction his recruitment is heading from a Wildcat point of view.

Thanks, Fitz.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:02 PM »

Thanks, Fitz.
:love:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: January 20, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
sucks to hear about Sharp. oh well.