Author Topic: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)  (Read 13436 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)
« Reply #150 on: Today at 10:07:58 AM »
Eight Sleep is trying to be a data company, it's kinda spooky

yeah, that's weird, but IDGAF if they want my snoring data. I'm def not going to pay them $15 or $24 monthly for having it though.

well it's a little deeper than that. for example, they claim they will one day be able to tell you are getting the flu, before you know you have the flu. Their pitch is they would be able to help you treat it sooner but their real money maker is selling that info to folks like insurance companies or advertisers or any number of people who could benefit from your health information. They would be able to tell if you're drinking, or had sex, or exercised that day, are gaining weight, etc. Kinda scary where people could take it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Today at 10:21:52 AM »
Eight Sleep is trying to be a data company, it's kinda spooky

yeah, that's weird, but IDGAF if they want my snoring data. I'm def not going to pay them $15 or $24 monthly for having it though.

well it's a little deeper than that. for example, they claim they will one day be able to tell you are getting the flu, before you know you have the flu. Their pitch is they would be able to help you treat it sooner but their real money maker is selling that info to folks like insurance companies or advertisers or any number of people who could benefit from your health information. They would be able to tell if you're drinking, or had sex, or exercised that day, are gaining weight, etc. Kinda scary where people could take it.
All that sounds good as hell. Sign me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Today at 10:24:47 AM »
SD you have me down a rabbit hole here. 8 sleep almost had me until I saw the required monthly subscription. I'm a hard pass on a $2500 mattress top that also requires a $15 a month subscription. Sleep number has a topper that has decent reviews, but also reviewing the chilipad. Mrs SF is pretty adamant about whatever I get covering both sides since she thinks it would be weird having a top on just half the bed even if she uses the features or not.

Sometimes this bbs saves me monies, sometimes this bbs costs me monies.  :dunno:
Subscription is only required for year 1. I’ll probably keep paying it though if it’s doing all that good crap rusty talked about though.

I would for sure not hesitate to recommend the chilipad. That’s who made my Ooler and it ruled. Just not enough savings for me to get instead of the 8sleep though.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: Today at 10:30:06 AM »
SD you have me down a rabbit hole here. 8 sleep almost had me until I saw the required monthly subscription. I'm a hard pass on a $2500 mattress top that also requires a $15 a month subscription. Sleep number has a topper that has decent reviews, but also reviewing the chilipad. Mrs SF is pretty adamant about whatever I get covering both sides since she thinks it would be weird having a top on just half the bed even if she uses the features or not.

Sometimes this bbs saves me monies, sometimes this bbs costs me monies.  :dunno:
Subscription is only required for year 1. I’ll probably keep paying it though if it’s doing all that good crap rusty talked about though.

I would for sure not hesitate to recommend the chilipad. That’s who made my Ooler and it ruled. Just not enough savings for me to get instead of the 8sleep though.

:emawkid:

the sleep number one is a bit cheaper but I don't like the fact that its two separate covers as opposed to one for the whole bed.