Author Topic: The Official Bracketology Thread  (Read 386806 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Bracketology Thread
« Reply #2600 on: January 07, 2023, 11:04:10 AM »
i was more arguing that we weren’t overseeded

I don't think we're overseeded either, I think we are overated. People think our current form is sustainable, I don't, not even close. I think we'll spend most of the season on the bubble.

I’m walking that fine line of “letting myself be excited for how the team is doing” and “remembering that any reasonable person 10 months ago would be over the moon if Tang’s first team would even be in the discussion for making the tournament”

The only problem with letting myself be excited is that it will lead to me having expectations

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 07, 2023, 11:48:21 AM »
-Top 6 in the league
-9 seed
-First-round win

I would like to amend this prediction:
-Top 6 in the league
-7 seed
-Sweet 16 appearance

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 07, 2023, 08:20:46 PM »

I don't think we're overseeded either, I think we are overated. People think our current form is sustainable, I don't, not even close. I think we'll spend most of the season on the bubble.

So all is this, bin it. I believe, if we're overrated go ahead and count me with those overrating this team. We're Big 12 title contenders. This might be the best team we've seen at K-State, certainly the best the last 35 years. Holy crap

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 07, 2023, 08:31:38 PM »
Hard to disagree after we’ve done it this consistently. I mean, beating a super desperate Baylor at home to me is worth more than pantsing a Beard-less Texas team.

We very well might have some WTF drops, but this team has shown enough to believe they can be competitive in every single game.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: January 07, 2023, 08:34:05 PM »
-Top 6 in the league
-9 seed
-First-round win

-Top 6 in the league
-7 seed
-Sweet 16 appearance

I think top 4 in league and a 5 seed is where we'll be
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 07, 2023, 09:13:52 PM »

So all is this, bin it. I believe, if we're overrated go ahead and count me with those overrating this team. We're Big 12 title contenders. This might be the best team we've seen at K-State, certainly the best the last 35 years. Holy crap

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: January 07, 2023, 09:22:49 PM »
-Top 6 in the league
-9 seed
-First-round win

-Top 6 in the league
-7 seed
-Sweet 16 appearance

I think top 4 in league and a 5 seed is where we'll be

I think we are going to have a struggle period coming up as we go from the hunter to the hunted. We will lose a few in that stretch that will keep our seeding lower than the quality of the team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 07, 2023, 10:06:00 PM »

Right!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: January 07, 2023, 10:09:19 PM »
Hard to disagree after we’ve done it this consistently. I mean, beating a super desperate Baylor at home to me is worth more than pantsing a Beard-less Texas team.

We very well might have some WTF drops, but this team has shown enough to believe they can be competitive in every single game.

There won't be any WTF drops because outside of Florida, there are no bad teams left. I think OSU is the worst team in the conference and they should have had KU at least in overtime, at the pissbarn. We'll definitely drop some games, but I'm calling it now that we'll be the only team to win at Texas and at Baylor.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: January 07, 2023, 10:14:19 PM »

There won't be any WTF drops because outside of Florida, there are no bad teams left. I think OSU is the worst team in the conference and they should have had KU at least in overtime, at the pissbarn. We'll definitely drop some games, but I'm calling it now that we'll be the only team to win at Texas and at Baylor.

By this time in March I really hope you are telling us all so

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: January 07, 2023, 10:22:23 PM »

Not trying to be an asshat but TCU has already won at Baylor.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 07, 2023, 10:26:21 PM »
Ok well let’s see them do it at Texas now, asshat.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 07, 2023, 10:39:32 PM »

I know

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 12, 2023, 05:04:02 PM »

I know

Ah, my bad....you meant we will be the only team to win at both places.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 12, 2023, 09:50:07 PM »

I know

Ah, my bad....you meant we will be the only team to win at both places.

:thumbs:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 21, 2023, 08:37:23 PM »
CBS 1 seed  :Wha:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 21, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »
 :surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 21, 2023, 08:47:51 PM »
who else would be if not the leader of the undisputed toughest conference in cbb

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 21, 2023, 08:50:07 PM »
That's crazy, we haven't beaten the crap out of anybody with a pulse all year

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 21, 2023, 09:22:30 PM »
I’m with clams. It seems like a surprising jump, but we’re alone on top of the Big 12 rn, and the Big 12 champ this year will have to be a 1 seed.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 21, 2023, 09:33:37 PM »

Wins a win, losing to TCU by 12 is at this point our worst loss, else it's Butler.

We had legit 4 seed chops before this week, now we are legit 2 or 1 seed level. Don't fool yourself.

If we win the next 3 games you wouldn't keep this team from being a top 2 seed, ever.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 21, 2023, 10:10:39 PM »
First of all this is not at all accurate. Second, if we hadn't beat the crap out of Texas, on their home court, margin of victory has literally never been a metric for seeding.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 21, 2023, 10:38:10 PM »
I'm saying having won a ton of close games is a bad metric to project winning enough future games to end up with a 1 seed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 21, 2023, 11:31:04 PM »
I've heard Jerry Palm say the winner of the Big 12 is getting a #1 seed, we're leading the Big 12 so I don't know if it's much more to it than that.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 22, 2023, 12:13:01 AM »
Yeah unless tech and WVU end up 1 and 2 at the end of the season then there’s no way the big 12 champ isn’t a 1 seed, and depending how the chips fall the runner up might have a strong case for a 1 seed as well