Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1058113 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #7025 on: July 04, 2018, 12:38:15 AM »
The amount of terrifying stupidity out of our President has broken our brains.

https://www.apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef/US-official:-Trump-pressed-aides-about-Venezuela-invasion?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

In an exchange that lasted around five minutes, McMaster and others took turns explaining to Trump how military action could backfire and risk losing hard-won support among Latin American governments to punish President Nicolas Maduro for taking Venezuela down the path of dictatorship, according to the official. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the discussions.

But Trump pushed back. Although he gave no indication he was about to order up military plans, he pointed to what he considered past cases of successful gunboat diplomacy in the region, according to the official, like the invasions of Panama and Grenada in the 1980s.

The idea, despite his aides’ best attempts to shoot it down, would nonetheless persist in the president’s head.

The next day, Aug. 11, Trump alarmed friends and foes alike with talk of a “military option” to remove Maduro from power. The public remarks were initially dismissed in U.S. policy circles as the sort of martial bluster people have come to expect from the reality TV star turned commander in chief.

But shortly afterward, he raised the issue with Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, according to the U.S. official. Two high-ranking Colombian officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid antagonizing Trump confirmed the report.

Then in September, on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, Trump discussed it again, this time at greater length, in a private dinner with leaders from four Latin American allies that included Santos, the same three people said and Politico reported in February.

The U.S. official said Trump was specifically briefed not to raise the issue and told it wouldn’t play well, but the first thing the president said at the dinner was, “My staff told me not to say this.” Trump then went around asking each leader if they were sure they didn’t want a military solution, according to the official, who added that each leader told Trump in clear terms they were sure.

Here’s the thing, they don’t understand, and don’t care. As long as President Hillary doesn’t have any influence it’s completely fine. Disrupt the system is all that matters, they don’t care what the policy is, as long as Trump wants it.

We could ask dictionary.com and they would probably confirm, as long as it’s exactly what Trump said. Just pour over what I said and realize that nothing is changing, Trumpers are great followers and do as their told. Their McD’s supervisor gets the same courtesy.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7026 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »
Here's the thing, you are talking about something somebody said somebody else said itrump would do, that he didn't do and isn't going to do, and revelling in the consequences of the worst possible scenario of what could happen if he did what he didn't do. That's infinitely stupider than anything trump has ever done, although I'm sure it helps quench your insatiable thirst to prove your misguided pretenses correct--that he is stupid and incompetent in spite of all of his accomplishments.

Basically, you look dumb raising these double hearsay chicken little fantasies, and the party you support is the train wreck of stupidity and demogoguery that you think trump is. Get woke. #walkaway
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: July 04, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »
Here's the thing, you are talking about something somebody said somebody else said itrump would do, that he didn't do and isn't going to do, and revelling in the consequences of the worst possible scenario of what could happen if he did what he didn't do. That's infinitely stupider than anything trump has ever done, although I'm sure it helps quench your insatiable thirst to prove your misguided pretenses correct--that he is stupid and incompetent in spite of all of his accomplishments.

Basically, you look dumb raising these double hearsay chicken little fantasies, and the party you support is the train wreck of stupidity and demogoguery that you think trump is. Get woke. #walkaway

So your take is that story is completely false because Trump doesn't do things like go against his advisors and allies?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7028 on: July 04, 2018, 01:32:04 PM »
My take is you are the person you hate.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: July 04, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »
My take is you are the person you hate.
Your words don't make any sense.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: July 05, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: July 05, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Only hires the best people.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: July 06, 2018, 01:33:26 AM »
Only hires the best people.

well that's because he has the best brain
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: July 06, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »
what a wonderful story.  it's heartwarming to see a family fulfilling god's plan.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: July 06, 2018, 10:52:56 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: July 06, 2018, 11:10:10 AM »
Nah, i'm good.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 06, 2018, 11:46:17 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: July 06, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
Can you believe some ppl voted for this guy? Smgdh.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1015267193720852488?s=21

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: July 06, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
Can you believe some ppl voted for this guy? Smgdh.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1015267193720852488?s=21

Unemployment went up today, Wacky  :cry:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: July 06, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1015255799311020033

I am not well versed in how long it takes for a new law/policy decree to truly effect change. When can we start to give credit for anything positive or negative to the current administration?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: July 06, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
I am not well versed in how long it takes for a new law/policy decree to truly effect change. When can we start to give credit for anything positive or negative to the current administration?

before you decide who to credit or blame, you need to identify an effect for which you wish to assign credit or blame.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: July 06, 2018, 03:29:19 PM »
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/mb4qn4/trump-who-has-been-accused-of-misconduct-by-19-women-jokes-about-metoo-in-attack-on-female-senator?utm_source=reddit.com

The president also created a hypothetical in which while he would toss Warren a DNA kit during a debate. “But we have to do it gently because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so we have to be very gentle,” Trump said, imitating how he would slowly toss the DNA kit, “hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm, even though it weighs probably two ounces.”

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: July 08, 2018, 02:03:20 PM »
Holy crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: July 08, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
i can't decide if this is mostly corruption or mostly insanity.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: July 08, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
america - look argentina, out of great respect for national sovereignty and whatnot, either outlaw the color yellow or we're taking patagonia.
argentina - wtf?  yellow?
russia - yellow's ok.
america - yeah, yellow's ok.  (fakes head and shoulders at argentina to make them flinch)

ksuw - american exceptionalism, greatest force for good, etc, etc.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile