Author Topic: TSC'ing (asterisk edition)  (Read 15379 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TSC'ing (asterisk edition)
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »
TAYLOR PLAYS A LOT

Self said before the game that Taylor wouldn’t play much against Davidson. But Taylor, who had knee surgery last week for a torn meniscus, started and played 33 minutes Monday.

He finished with 15 points, 7 assists and 5 turnovers.

:driving:
that knee must be swollen up like a grapefruit right now
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2011, 12:49:04 AM »
jfc phog is delusional.
Its like they don't realize that this is what the 2008 game should have looked like if the refs hadn't constantly bailed them out. 

KU is mid major meat.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2011, 02:41:14 AM »
nothing makes me want to TSC harder than tigerboard. jfc those people seem to have zero respect for the fact that they've been ku's bitch for the vast majority of recent history. i thought gopowercat celebrated ku losses too much, but holy crap tigerboard takes it to a new level.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:06 AM »
nothing makes me want to TSC harder than tigerboard. jfc those people seem to have zero respect for the fact that they've been ku's bitch for the vast majority of recent history. i thought gopowercat celebrated ku losses too much, but holy crap tigerboard takes it to a new level.

tigerboard has proclaimed themselves college basketball royalty.

Online kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 06:05:12 AM »
This game was soo beyond ridiculous!  I mean, WTF Self!?....I am so sick of seeing this team fall short when it counts... Ughhhh.... I seriously hope that Self is able to whip these silly boys together come March!

:opcat:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
The ku fans in my office are placing the majority of the blame on T-Rob.  I thought he had a decent game but they (ku fans) are echoing the Armstrong talking points that he is a moron and selfish. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »
The ku fans in my office are placing the majority of the blame on T-Rob.  I thought he had a decent game but they (ku fans) are echoing the Armstrong talking points that he is a moron and selfish. 

Really sad how much they hate good players.  Selby, Xavier, Tyshawn, and now even T-Rob?  Yet Conner Teahan and Jeff Withey never get the hate from the fans.  Wonder why that is?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »
Loved the interview w/ Davidson's coach (don't know his name) after the game. He was talking about how they had learned from earlier losses and improve to win this game. "That is what we expect from student-athletes with the level of intelligence that comes from a Davidson education." Really priceless stuff. But #tsc and stuff.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »

21 and 18 last night right?  Yeah he's terrible

:flush:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »

All through a perpetual double team. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »

KU fans are saying his recognition is horrible.  He has none of the intelligence for the NBA.  They contend that MAYBE, if he stays all 4, he can become an NBA bench player.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »

KU fans are saying his recognition is horrible.  He has none of the intelligence for the NBA.  They contend that MAYBE, if he stays all 4, he can become an NBA bench player.

Poor guy just needs as much time with Danny Manning as he can get.  Danny is a saint and a savior.  NBA bigman kingmaker. 

Online joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »

:facepalm: yet  :lol: because I have zero doubt that what you are saying is the truth about what KU fans are saying. TRob is one of the best interior players in college basketball right now and I personally believe he was a better player last year than either of the Morris's.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »

Really sad how much they hate good players.  Selby, Xavier, Tyshawn, and now even T-Rob?  Yet Conner Teahan and Jeff Withey never get the hate from the fans.  Wonder why that is?

What are their similarities?  One is a center other is SG? Hmmmm

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
Guys, I've just about had it with KU. Thinking of throwing all my TSC energy behind Wichita State.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
You guys wouldn't know TSC if it crawled up your ass and did back flips.  This is how you TSC:

* Pepperjax34
    * KU Commit
    * Rating: 3.7/5 this site
    * 627 posts this site

Nominate | Report

Posted: 12/18/2011 10:24 PM
Re: The conundrum known as Frank Martin Post Rating (4 votes)

JayhawkAI3 wrote:

Pepperjax34 wrote:

Come on, Doc.  Give it up.  Martin can coach.  The guy has recruited pretty much every player currently on K-State's roster.  Huggins was only in Manhattan for one year.  Also, Thomas Gipson has been K-State's best player up to this point in the season, and he's only a freshman.

Outside of Bill Self, Bob Huggins (next year), and maybe Rick Barnes and Lon Kruger, I don't really see how anyone can argue that Martin isn't at least one of the top three or four coaches in this league.  Martin put a clown suit on Anthony Grant last night.  Everyone expected Alabama to win that game by double digits, and somehow K-State reversed the roles and ended up winning easily.  And no, it wasn't because K-State had Jamar Samuels left over from the Huggins era.

I don't really follow your train of thought here.

KSU's "success" over the past several seasons has almost solely depended on performances from Beasley, Clemente, Pullen, and to some extent Kelly. Generally you'd attribute those guys attending KSU due to the Huggins era.

This season they've looked absolutely pathetic offensively several times, although they have squeaked by everyone except WVU. Also, not sure how you figure Martin put a clown suit on Grant last night. KSU won that game after a terrible first half largely due to poor play from Alabama. They had 27 fouls and let KSU shoot 21 more FTs. If anything it was a poor performance from Alabama- a team that isn't all that proven. Also, it was in a pro-KSU arena and I'm not sure anyone was picking Alabama to win by double digits.

I wouldn't say this season is proof Martin can coach. His teams do certain things well (rebound and play tough defense) but at the same time they generally have no offensive rhythm.

Good grief.  Just because you don't like K-State doesn't mean that Martin can't coach.  The guy was Big 12 Coach of the Year in 2010.  He led K-State to its first Elite Eight since 1988.  He's responsible for the only two victories over KU in Bramlage Coliseum.  He has taken K-State to three NCAA tournaments in four years.  The worst K-State has finished in the Big 12 under Martin is tied for 4th.

Seriously, guys.  You just look butthurt when you try to argue that Martin's success is solely because of Bob Huggins.  Give it up.

Truth be told, you're nothing more than a bunch of butthurt Little Ag School on the Prairie State fans who have been waiting for the opportunity to get your shots in on a depleted KU basketball team.  Yeah, KU isn't that good this year.  It's a rebuilding year for us.  The sad thing is that we'll still most likely finish ahead of your scrub program in the conference as well as NCAA tournament, even with our worst team since 2001.  You guys make it so hard to root for K-State in anything.  

F*ck all of you.  

/over and out
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:08:47 PM by OregonHawk »

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
Killing them... :popcorn:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »
oregonhawk, pepperjax is a good tsc'er.  that doesn't mean goEMAW isn't tsc too.  this is a big state and conference, there is room for all of us.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
Just sad that the state couldn't win one.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »

Go f*ck yourself, troll.  KU is the only school in this state that wins anything.  Without KU, this state would have no national championships in any major sport.  We are the only reason people from outside of the midwest even know about Kansas. 

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »

Truth be told, you're nothing more than a bunch of butthurt Little Ag School on the Prairie State fans who have been waiting for the opportunity to get your shots in on a depleted KU basketball team.  Yeah, KU isn't that good this year.  It's a rebuilding year for us.  The sad thing is that we'll still most likely finish ahead of your scrub program in the conference as well as NCAA tournament, even with our worst team since 2001.  You guys make it so hard to root for K-State in anything.  

F*ck all of you.  

/over and out

You're the one that told us all about your Senior/Leader PG Taylor who's played a ass ton of games, your Top 5 NBA lottery pick Juinor PF and your 5* SG that is the next big star in the league.

We bought in beems. TSC'd like a mofo. And you let us down...  :frown:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »

Go f*ck yourself, troll.  KU is the only school in this state that wins anything.  Without KU, this state would have no national championships in any major sport.  We are the only reason people from outside of the midwest even know about Kansas. 

Good to have you back champ.  Tough loss to swallow last night.

KU will be fine.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »

my goodness, what has gotten into you?  you are as mean as i can imagine today.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »

are you done with this post?

I wasn't sure without the "over and out"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:10 PM »

my goodness, what has gotten into you?  you are as mean as i can imagine today.
Not nearly as many " :love: " as we've been accustomed to over the last year or so.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]