Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 28965 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »
How rough ridin' batshit, off the reservation, nuts do you have to be to think showing an ID is unreasonable or unduly burdensome? The kind of person who toils with paranoia, and sweats bullets every time they drive or buys a ticket to an R movie?
how many republican judges in texas have to be denied the right to vote before we reconsider how we make these laws?

Still love that you guys cant have an honest discussion about these laws and resort to making crap up about the other side and argue against that position.

And then "no evidence of wide spread voter fraud" became "there has never been voter fraud" became "you're a racist."  In response to presenting a photo ID to vote.

You're either crazy, cheating or both.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Just as long as we can make sure Sharia Law is kept out of it, I am fine with KS taking this on. 

In case you haven't noticed, and the Royals have been kicking ass so you have a perfectly good reason for having been busy, but KS is nothing more than political circus.  I am not a Fed fan, but KS handling anything well right now seems far fetched.

Meh, the federal government is even more of an incompetent circus, so you don't really have a point.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 11:19:18 AM »
having to register to vote is more of a barrier than having to possess identification.  registering to vote is such a ridiculous concept.

Yeah, if they had a national voter ID card, you wouldn't need to re-register every time you moved. I also like the purple thumb dye thing they do in other countries.
The best idea I've heard is that filing a tax return should be your registration to vote.

What if you are not required to file a tax return?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
Would be a practical way in addition to what is currently offered
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
I guess I just don't understand how all of these illegal immigrants get the social security card, etc necessary to register to vote, but can't just use that stuff to get a photo ID. It seems like somebody who really wanted to commit voter fraud should probably be willing to put a minimal amount of effort into it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
How rough ridin' batshit, off the reservation, nuts do you have to be to think showing an ID is unreasonable or unduly burdensome? The kind of person who toils with paranoia, and sweats bullets every time they drive or buys a ticket to an R movie?
how many republican judges in texas have to be denied the right to vote before we reconsider how we make these laws?

Still love that you guys cant have an honest discussion about these laws and resort to making crap up about the other side and argue against that position.

And then "no evidence of wide spread voter fraud" became "there has never been voter fraud" became "you're a racist."  In response to presenting a photo ID to vote.

Yes I do believe your side is extremely rough ridin' racist.  See all the talk about the Dems "breeding" their voting pool, which has been used here.  That is grounded in very specific racist language.  See your side planting billboards in minority communities about voter fraud and the fear mongering of federal jail time.  The fact is, which you people never want to engage are 1) none of the voter fraud issues which have occurred would be prevented by Kobach's laws.  2) You are targeting minority communities with propaganda and fear mongering tactics to suppress their vote. 3) If you were serious about combating any potential voter fraud your side would make voter IDs simple and easy to get.  Instead we have constructed an unconstitutional system which hearkens back to Jim Crow, designed to suppress legitimate voter turnout instead of preventing this mythical illegitimate voter fraud. 

No I know you will not engage in any points of facts I've posted. Instead you will dodge the point by attempting to say I'm playing a race card, when in fact you fail to realize that your party of hate mongers have already sprayed the entire deck of race cards before I've been dealt a hand.  I challenge you to stay on record and find a) the massive numbers of voter fraud which would be prevented by Kobach's plans.  b) I'd like to see you personally reject the racist remarks from your radical right brethren. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
chillax ednksu

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »

Yes I do believe your side is extremely rough ridin' racist.  See all the talk about the Dems "breeding" their voting pool, which has been used here.  That is grounded in very specific racist language.  See your side planting billboards in minority communities about voter fraud and the fear mongering of federal jail time.  The fact is, which you people never want to engage are 1) none of the voter fraud issues which have occurred would be prevented by Kobach's laws.  2) You are targeting minority communities with propaganda and fear mongering tactics to suppress their vote. 3) If you were serious about combating any potential voter fraud your side would make voter IDs simple and easy to get.  Instead we have constructed an unconstitutional system which hearkens back to Jim Crow, designed to suppress legitimate voter turnout instead of preventing this mythical illegitimate voter fraud. 

No I know you will not engage in any points of facts I've posted. Instead you will dodge the point by attempting to say I'm playing a race card, when in fact you fail to realize that your party of hate mongers have already sprayed the entire deck of race cards before I've been dealt a hand.  I challenge you to stay on record and find a) the massive numbers of voter fraud which would be prevented by Kobach's plans.  b) I'd like to see you personally reject the racist remarks from your radical right brethren.

Lunacy in 400 words

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »
The best idea I've heard is that filing a tax return should be your registration to vote.

national voter id cards is a much better idea and you just read about it here in this thread.  so you're lying.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:05 PM »
Moved and got married; updating my registration was a PITA.

A financial company vetted me and gave me hundred's of thousands to buy a home, and it was less of a pain in the ass to get a mortgage than it was to move 30 miles across the damn state line and get a driver's license.

I mean, Jesus Christ.  It's an effing sham.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 03:59:47 AM »

Lunacy in 400 words

couldn't even reject the racist remarks from your radical right brethren.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »
Guys, Kobach's own radio ad said that he thinks voting should be easy.  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2014, 09:03:35 AM »

national voter id cards is a much better idea and you just read about it here in this thread.  so you're lying.

i may be wrong, but i certainly am not lying.

national voter id cards? who is going to issue these? a new federal institution? the IRS and every single state already has a system in place to collect and processes information from every single american every year.

What about people who arent required to file taxes? Then they probably have a really easy tax return that is no more difficult than figuring out how to register to vote. If you want to vote, then you have to file a tax return.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »
Moved and got married; updating my registration was a PITA.

A financial company vetted me and gave me hundred's of thousands to buy a home, and it was less of a pain in the ass to get a mortgage than it was to move 30 miles across the damn state line and get a driver's license.

I mean, Jesus Christ.  It's an effing sham.

An example of private sector versus government efficiency? Not that the government isn't trying to sink its claws deeper into mortgage underwriting, too.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
So requiring an ID to vote is hater mongering?   Then what's voter registration akin to?
who said that?  I know I have no problem with it being done logically. 

Once again, will you reject the racist language of the radical right or continue to deflect?  None of you Kobach supporters will it seems.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
Just as long as we can make sure Sharia Law is kept out of it, I am fine with KS taking this on. 

In case you haven't noticed, and the Royals have been kicking ass so you have a perfectly good reason for having been busy, but KS is nothing more than political circus.  I am not a Fed fan, but KS handling anything well right now seems far fetched.

They used to make fun of the Sharia law thing in the UK, too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10716844/Islamic-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10716844/Islamic-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html

Can't you write a will in America that cuts some family members out?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »

Thank god that we Kansans are protected from the will of some super fundamentalist religious group setting new rules.

Also, ppl have been doing stupid crap in wills for the history of wills.  How many cats are millionaires right now?  More than one, I am willing to bet.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
requiring it is fine if you are also going to provide it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
So requiring an ID to vote is hater mongering?   Then what's voter registration akin to?

Once again, will you reject the racist language of the radical right or continue to deflect?  None of you Kobach supporters will it seems.

Me?  Radical right?  Kobach supporter?    :lol:

Radical Right:  Anyone who disagrees with anything a progressive leftest wants. 

If everyone would just get out of the way and let the man do what ever he wants right Gwyneth?

So you don't support KS's or WI's plans for voter IDs?

Why wont you reject the racist language of the radical right?  Why wont you commit to not using horrible language of oppression?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »

If everyone would just get out of the way and let the man do what ever he wants right Gwyneth?

Why wont you reject the racist language of the radical right?  Why wont you commit to not using horrible language of oppression?

Fire up some quotes and I'll reject them for you.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »

Anytime anyone refers to the Dems/libs "breeding" a voting pool.

Anytime anyone says the Dems/libs are working against voter ID simply to buy a group of voters because of their (voter's) racial identity.

Anytime anyone says voter IDs are easy and people are just being lazy.

Additionally rejecting anyone who says voter ID as currently implemented in KS would stop the voting fraud issues's we've had in KS or other states like WI.   

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »
Most be hitting home with all this EDN outrage.

What language am I using besides saying there's a need for Voter ID.

You're also living in rough ridin la-la land if you don't think there's a political agenda behind immigration.   In absolute denial.
Yet another deflection.  I've given you examples that we've all seen from the radical right which none of you have chosen to reject.  Why wont you reject racist language? 

I've never said there isn't pandering to voting blocs.  I've said you should, as an educated person, reject the racist language used to describe the growth and composition of these voting blocs.  Its been posts now and you refuse to reject it and continue to deflect. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »

Anytime anyone refers to the Dems/libs "breeding" a voting pool.

Anytime anyone says the Dems/libs are working against voter ID simply to buy a group of voters because of their (voter's) racial identity.

Anytime anyone says voter IDs are easy and people are just being lazy.

Additionally rejecting anyone who says voter ID as currently implemented in KS would stop the voting fraud issues's we've had in KS or other states like WI.

I reject all 4 of those things.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2014, 04:09:03 PM »
Why do you give the neocon voter id agenda of possibility suppressing libtard votes a pass?

Dax: political agendas are bad, unless it's a neocon agenda

Your hypocrisy is really just kind of........sad  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite