Author Topic: #IamNathanPower  (Read 42098 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: #IamNathanPower
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »
how can i let ku fans know that i'm sorry so that this doesn't ruin them for the rest of their lives?

You can't. They won't believe you.

It might help if you guys didn't try to glorify the one guy who got physical with Jamari Traylor and created a national media hullabaloo storm.
beems, i'm sorry that ku's enforcer got chickenwinged by a 170lb frat bro, that kid is a pretty big idiot. i hope jamari trailor is ok.

I am also sorry that in the confusion of the celebration he got bumped into.  I will do all in my power to make sure we don't forget this

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »
how can i let ku fans know that i'm sorry so that this doesn't ruin them for the rest of their lives?

It might help if you guys didn't try to glorify the one guy who got physical with Jamari Traylor and created a national media hullabaloo storm.

For eff's sake, beems... The phogtards, and you especially, are masters of making mountains out of molehills.

:facepalm:

Ahhhh yes... phog.net is now responsible for every national media writer for the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, ESPN, etc, etc. 

:rolleyes:

I'm sure you're "just trolling" because nobody, literally nobody, can be that gotdam stupid.  If every Tom, Dick & Harry with a ku t-shirt hadn't thrown a hissy fit, the media wouldn't frankly give a single eff.

Despite the delusions of grandeur, at the end of the day the rest of the world just sees ku as a bunch of midwestern hayseeds.
bears are fast...

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »
Beems, go ahead and link me to this scathing article on the WSJ. Not seeing it anywhere  :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2015, 10:36:59 AM »

beems, i'm sorry that ku's enforcer got chickenwinged by a 170lb frat bro, that kid is a pretty big idiot. i hope jamari trailor is ok.

I am also sorry that in the confusion of the celebration he got bumped into.  I will do all in my power to make sure we don't forget this

The poor kid was just confused and didn't realize he was making a b-line straight for Jamari Traylor.  He's really just a victim here.

For eff's sake, beems... The phogtards, and you especially, are masters of making mountains out of molehills.

:facepalm:

Ahhhh yes... phog.net is now responsible for every national media writer for the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, ESPN, etc, etc. 

:rolleyes:

I'm sure you're "just trolling" because nobody, literally nobody, can be that gotdam stupid.  If every Tom, Dick & Harry with a ku t-shirt hadn't thrown a hissy fit, the media wouldn't frankly give a single eff.

Despite the delusions of grandeur, at the end of the day the rest of the world just sees ku as a bunch of midwestern hayseeds.

Ahhh yes... as we've established by now, multiple times, this is all just one big conspiracy against poor lil' ol' K-State.  It's KU's fault that the national media picked up on the hatred and rage spewing from the fans in Manhattan and generated a national story out of it.  You are all the victims here.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
Actually, I think very few K-State people are too upset about it... So, what is this "conspiracy theory" you speak of?

The nation isn't laughing with you & the ku crybabies , beems.  They're laughing AT you.
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »
I pledge to make February 23rd "Fan Behavior Awareness Day," where we can offer up our thoughts and prayers for Jamari Traylor and remember and reflect upon the tragic actions that occurred on February 23rd, 2015.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »
If every Tom, Dick & Harry with a ku t-shirt Bill Self hadn't thrown a hissy fit, the media wouldn't frankly give a single eff.
I think this is a more accurate statement. Honestly, someone should help Coach Self understand the difference between a chicken wing and a body check. ("Chicken winging" is a much more entertaining verb though.)
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »
Is it still a thing at games where the cheerleaders hold up a sign that says "PURPLE" to one side and everyone yells it and then they hold up a sign that says "POWER" to the other side and they all yell it?

If so, do we have any insiders w/the cheerleaders that could get the PURPLE sign changed to NATHAN?

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
I pledge to make February 23rd "Fan Behavior Awareness Day," where we can offer up our thoughts and prayers for Jamari Traylor and remember and reflect upon the tragic actions that occurred on February 23rd, 2015.
Great idea. I heard that Traylor is going to pull through. But the psychological scars will never go away.  :cry:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »
I've been searching for this WSJ piece for 20 minutes now. It's not on their home page, their sports page or opinion page.

I google "K-State wall street journal" and there are 2 pieces about Leticia Romero from last may and 1 piece on Robert Lipson from 6 years ago.

What keywords should I be searching? Help me out here, Beemsie-Poo.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »

ISIS

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »
oscar should get fired over this, if you ask me.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:11 AM »
I've been searching for this WSJ piece for 20 minutes now. It's not on their home page, their sports page or opinion page.

I google "K-State wall street journal" and there are 2 pieces about Leticia Romero from last may and 1 piece on Robert Lipson from 6 years ago.

try "whipped KU's ass again"

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »
This reminds me of the time that ISIS was all like "Sorry about that, we'll take a look at procedures"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
Nobody is actually condoning what this kid did.  KU has received apologies from the AD, from the President, and from the individual who bumped Jamari.  Any "support" for him is entirely tongue in cheek.  It's bizarre that this has to be explained to you.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2015, 10:53:19 AM »
That's it. I'm emailing the managing editor of the Wall Street Journal. I need to find this piece that Beemsie keeps talking about. I NEED it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2015, 10:54:36 AM »
Tattoo Nathan Power's name on your forehead.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »
Actually, I think very few K-State people are too upset about it... So, what is this "conspiracy theory" you speak of?

The nation isn't laughing with you & the ku crybabies , beems.  They're laughing AT you.

This is classic denial and victim-blaming at its finest.  Psychology professors will write a book about it someday.  Here are some of the stories surrounding Monday night's court storming:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12374329/kansas-state-wildcats-ad-apologizes-kansas-jayhawks-court-storming

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-unruly-kansas-state-fans-20150224-story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/24/fans-storm-court-after-kansas-state-upsets-kansas-trapping-bill-self-jayhawks/

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/2/23/8097789/kansas-state-court-storm-bill-self

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/kansas-state-fans-storm-court-kansas-bill-self-players-physical-jamari-traylor-oscar-weber-022315

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/kansas-state-ad-admits-security--fell-short--during-court-storming-173148232.html

But yes, it's just a bunch of media people laughing at KU.  You nailed it, Bookie Pimp.

:jerk:

Great job missing the point, beems.  I didn't say the media was laughing at ku, I said the NATION is laughing at you.  The free thinkers all see you guys as a bunch of spoiled crybabies.  The average idiot, like you and most ku fans, will gladly eat up what media outlets force feed them.

Hell, even Holly Rowe and Fran Fraschilla mushed Andy Katz in his fat face when he tried to pile on yesterday.  I just hope you all recover from the horror and psychological damage done from seeing the court storming.  T's & P's
bears are fast...

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2015, 11:01:49 AM »
the collegian letter to the editor was a hilarious tactical error by nathan power's PR team.

nate, if you're reading this, please send me a PM. I'll help you get through this and will turn you into a sympathetic figure.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Nobody is actually condoning what this kid did.  KU has received apologies from the AD, from the President, and from the individual who bumped Jamari.  Any "support" for him is entirely tongue in cheek.  It's bizarre that this has to be explained to you.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »

It's not that bizarre, he's an idiot and he's currently foaming at the mouth with rage.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »
STILL on the front page of espn.com.  They're probably gonna give Nathan and the 'Cats their own 30 for 30.

:emawkid:
" What if i told you the Butthurt lasted for weeks?"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »

This is classic denial and victim-blaming at its finest.  Psychology professors will write a book about it someday.  Here are some of the stories surrounding Monday night's court storming:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12374329/kansas-state-wildcats-ad-apologizes-kansas-jayhawks-court-storming

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-unruly-kansas-state-fans-20150224-story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/24/fans-storm-court-after-kansas-state-upsets-kansas-trapping-bill-self-jayhawks/

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/2/23/8097789/kansas-state-court-storm-bill-self

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/kansas-state-fans-storm-court-kansas-bill-self-players-physical-jamari-traylor-oscar-weber-022315

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/kansas-state-ad-admits-security--fell-short--during-court-storming-173148232.html

But yes, it's just a bunch of media people laughing at KU.  You nailed it, Bookie Pimp.

:jerk:

It's really amazing that you've taken the time to put this list together. You're clearly very upset, but respectfully, I think this may be your psychological reaction to the humiliation of losing to K-State in our hobby sport yet again. I'm also pretty sure you're the only one raving about a "media conspiracy theory." It's a newsworthy event that'll be forgotten by all but KU fans in less than a week. A K-State fan did something stupid, harmed nobody, and apologized. The university even apologized for the actions of this one fan. I'm not sure what additional validation you're looking for. Nobody on here is condoning what the kid did - we're mocking how engraged the KU fans are about it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »
A Wing and a Prayer: Beyond ThunderDoom, an ESPN 30 for 30.