Author Topic: No let down Pokes game thread  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: No let down Pokes game thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2024, 08:57:11 PM »
17 TOs. 8 bench points

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2024, 08:59:52 PM »
5 more wins

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2024, 09:04:16 PM »
Feeling blessed that osu went into prevent mode and just jacked 3s at the end of the shot clock for the last 5 minutes of the game. Pretty much our only chance to win was for osu to stop doing what they were doing, and they did just that
Watching the end of the game I was like “oh yeah THAT’s why they’re in last place.”

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2024, 08:25:41 AM »
As you can tell from the title of this thread, I was worried this would be a trap game. We were really sloppy and lethargic much of the game. But team played with good focus the last four minutes. And the Perry to Cam alley oop with 1.2 seconds on the shot clock was another special Tang special.

We can't take that effort to the flood mold palace, but I don't expect the first-place Cats to do that. The Cats just need to steal one of these two games next week.

In the post game, Tang said a bunch of players are under the weather and not feeling well. He attributed some of it to that. He also said that the last couple of days practice prep was not up the same level of intensity as the last game. So, trap game plus colds, is what it sounds like.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2024, 08:59:37 AM »
As you can tell from the title of this thread, I was worried this would be a trap game. We were really sloppy and lethargic much of the game. But team played with good focus the last four minutes. And the Perry to Cam alley oop with 1.2 seconds on the shot clock was another special Tang special.

We can't take that effort to the flood mold palace, but I don't expect the first-place Cats to do that. The Cats just need to steal one of these two games next week.

Winning either game next week would be massive.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2024, 09:06:44 AM »

Winning either game next week would be massive.
That was a gorgeous BLOB play. Haven't seen as many of those yet this year.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2024, 01:01:23 PM »
Feeling blessed that osu went into prevent mode and just jacked 3s at the end of the shot clock for the last 5 minutes of the game. Pretty much our only chance to win was for osu to stop doing what they were doing, and they did just that
Watching the end of the game I was like “oh yeah THAT’s why they’re in last place.”
Manzer made multiple comments praising Tang's late game coaching and pointing out how is not the typical 2nd year HC which to sounded like the alum that he is trying to cover for Boynton. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2024, 10:18:21 PM »
Manzer made multiple comments praising Tang's late game coaching and pointing out how is not the typical 2nd year HC which to sounded like the alum that he is trying to cover for Boynton.

Or being complimentary to a coach who's clearly different. Manzer has seen enough mid OSU basketball that he doesn't need to cover for them