Author Topic: Hello Politics Board people!  (Read 15054 times)

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Politics Board people!
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
They can build it as soon as a church or synagogue is able to be built anywhere in saudi arabia.

The responses to this post prove one thing: its hard to see tongue in cheek with head up ass.  jOKe cat proves this with every post.

Was Newt Gingrich being tounge in cheek when he said it?

Ask him, not me.

You parrot a talking point from someone completely serious in his statement and then play you it off as a joke when called out on it. Wtf.

A parrot hears things from someone or something else.  I never heard Newt say this.

http://www.newt.org/newt-direct/newt-gingrich-statement-proposed-“cordoba-house”-mosque-near-ground-zero
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

Yeah, I'm sure you came up with that yourself.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
http://www.newt.org/newt-direct/newt-gingrich-statement-proposed-“cordoba-house”-mosque-near-ground-zero
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

I've seen this right-wing talking point repeated elsewhere. Not sure if Gingrich really believes what he is saying, but he knows he needs to pander to the lowest common denominator to build his stock for his Presidential run in '12.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »

This video depicts the double standard that the radical left/islamofacist alliance has.  A mosque built by an imam of questionable connections 2 blocks from Ground Zero of all places is ok, but handing out Christian literature on a public street to muslims is not.      They had to go 5 blocks away to be legal.

Read and learn something:
http://books.google.com/books?id=azE5qoXTgoAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=unholy+alliance&source=bl&ots=L0uy6KoYB5&sig=v7YVYAZ8F5ZbEgnGKA0l3W2_nyc&hl=en&ei=mqVLTLa3DYK78gaexuQy&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=16&ved=0CFEQ6AEwDw#v=onepage&q&f=false

daisy khan (wife of imam) on Islamic supremacist mega-mosque at Ground Zero: "the building came to us, which goes to show that there is a symbolism there, and that there's a divine hand in it"

So those plane parts from a random plane just happened to damage that building at random or at allah's will?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »

This video depicts the double standard that the radical left/islamofacist alliance has.  A mosque built by an imam of questionable connections 2 blocks from Ground Zero of all places is ok, but handing out Christian literature on a public street to muslims is not.      They had to go 5 blocks away to be legal.

http://books.google.com/books?id=azE5qoXTgoAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=unholy+alliance&source=bl&ots=L0uy6KoYB5&sig=v7YVYAZ8F5ZbEgnGKA0l3W2_nyc&hl=en&ei=mqVLTLa3DYK78gaexuQy&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=16&ved=0CFEQ6AEwDw#v=onepage&q&f=false

daisy khan (wife of imam) on Islamic supremacist mega-mosque at Ground Zero: "the building came to us, which goes to show that there is a symbolism there, and that there's a divine hand in it"

So those plane parts from a random plane just happened to damage that building at random or at allah's will?

It's not really the same situation. I'm sure if the Christians would file suit against the City of Dearborn, MI, they would win. If the supreme court lets Fred Phelps protest veterans' funerals, they would let these guys hand out bibles.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »

"Islamic supremacist mega-mosque" who speaks like this?  I also wasn't aware that dearborn, mi/ny, ny muslim populations and the radical left were linked.

But I'm sure you'll have some awesome theories or just say you had your tongue in your cheek or I'm a pirate or something.  Whatever works for you.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »

"Islamic supremacist mega-mosque" who speaks like this?  I also wasn't aware that dearborn, mi/ny, ny muslim populations and the radical left were linked.

But I'm sure you'll have some awesome theories or just say you had your tongue in your cheek or I'm a pirate or something.  Whatever works for you.

There's apparently a whole lot of things you aren't aware of.  Years of killing brain cells with hardcore drugs will do that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
Sahar on the current Real World New Orleans seems alright.  :dunno:

I like it when she makes out with the black guy because I think of opcat.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 08:00:49 AM »

Is this post satire, too?

:lol:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »
Isn't it a community center with a prayer circle in it or something, not an actual mosque?

Anyways, agree w/ Dax, it's a non-issue.  Just let them build whatever they want provided it's legal and they have the money.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
Isn't it a community center with a prayer circle in it or something, not an actual mosque?

Anyways, agree w/ Dax, it's a non-issue.  Just let them build whatever they want provided it's legal and they have the money.

I think it may be more a prayer circle with a community center in it, and a jihad memorial all around it.  :dunno:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »

How's that new keyboard working out for you?

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
This is a zoning issue, which regulates what can and can't be built in certain areas.  There are multiple types of zoning for different areas.  The question is not whether these people can practice being a muslim.  By not allowing the building of the mosque on a specific site does not infringe on their freedom of religion. 

It's that simple.  No way is this a Constitution/Bill of Right's issue. 
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
This is a zoning issue, which regulates what can and can't be built in certain areas.  There are multiple types of zoning for different areas.  The question is not whether these people can practice being a muslim.  By not allowing the building of the mosque on a specific site does not infringe on their freedom of religion. 

It's that simple.  No way is this a Constitution/Bill of Right's issue. 

You would be right if the area were zoned to not allow religious buildings. Unfortunately, it's not. That makes this a Constitution/Bill of Rights issue.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 07:56:26 PM »
If it is zoned for no exclusion then the owner of the property can build to city code.  The rule of law is followed.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
A mosque meets city code. The owner (the muslims) should be able to build the mosque as it violates no laws or codes. How is this a zoning issue?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
If the mosque is built, it will likely contain numerous hidden microphones and peephole cameras.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:53 PM »
Why pick a side?  I hate these mosque builders and anti-mosque builders equally.  What a bunch of freaks.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 11:36:34 AM »
If it is zoned for no exclusion then the owner of the property can build to city code.  The rule of law is followed.

Wrong, I don't think there's a zoning issue.  I think what you're thinking of is the local Republicans' efforts to have the old Burlington Coat Warehouse be given landmark status, so it can't be torn down to make room for the building.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »

I think they should be acquitted on free speech grounds, but they were squelched by other Christians.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100713/NEWS02/7130318/1001/News/Missionaries-plead-not-guilty-in-festival-case

Police said they received a complaint from a Christian volunteer working at the festival June 18 who said members of Acts 17 Apologetics were harassing patrons and a large crowd was gathering.

The group's actions, police said, were a public safety issue because they caused a large number of people to gather in a small space. Police said members of the group were arrested for failing to obey commands of the police.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
Theoretically, wouldn't the mosque make the area safer?  Would muslim-extremists go after buildings in the immediate area of the mosque for fear of destroying it?  Seems like we need more mosques next to important buildings to me  :dunno:

Sahar on the current Real World New Orleans seems alright.  :dunno:

BTW, Sahar is by far the hottest one on there.  Pretty big shame she isn't any fun and doesnt get camera time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
Theoretically, wouldn't the mosque make the area safer?  Would muslim-extremists go after buildings in the immediate area of the mosque for fear of destroying it?  Seems like we need more mosques next to important buildings to me  :dunno:

Sahar on the current Real World New Orleans seems alright.  :dunno:

BTW, Sahar is by far the hottest one on there.  Pretty big shame she isn't any fun and doesnt get camera time.

Boringness takes away from any hotness she might have (which isn't much, any would be chalked up to being compared to the others).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:50 PM »
i think the blonde girl, mckenzie is hottest uber alles.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »

and she likes to party.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »

and she likes to party.

And she's from Jupiter, FL!

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
Ooooohhh...look at the shiny object over there!