Author Topic: Nicknames for certain sitchs/people  (Read 1416 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Nicknames for certain sitchs/people
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
I feel like Seinfeld had a pretty good grasp on certain situations/people but didn't handle them all..
This is a place where you as well as myself will need to come up with nicknames for these situations or people..

For example I have a family member(cousin to be exact) that whenever I have an event, like my wedding or even a housewarming party she tries to act like we are much closer or better friends than we actually are. I've noticed this same situation in bachelor parties and other things as well..
These monsters need a nickname

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Nicknames for certain sitchs/people
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
I feel like Seinfeld had a pretty good grasp on certain situations/people but didn't handle them all..
This is a place where you as well as myself will need to come up with nicknames for these situations or people..

For example I have a family member(cousin to be exact) that whenever I have an event, like my wedding or even a housewarming party she tries to act like we are much closer or better friends than we actually are. I've noticed this same situation in bachelor parties and other things as well..
These monsters need a nickname
GroupMoocher / PartyClimber

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:19:39 PM »
Is this similar to when you see someone after a long time and they act like you were better friends than you actually were? Like running into a old high school class mate and they hug you.... and that was the first time you ever hugged in your lives.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Is this similar to when you see someone after a long time and they act like you were better friends than you actually were? Like running into a old high school class mate and they hug you.... and that was the first time you ever hugged in your lives.
this is a great example..  don't hug me. also a reason I didn't go to my last HS class reunion

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
How about the lady at work who fucks everything up and claims she followed the instructions and is like willing to bet her life on that, and is wrong every rough ridin' time.  Every.rough ridin'.Time.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »
One time, in thread similar to this one(maybe "pet peeves"), rick daris gave some outstanding advice about certain sitchs that piss you the eff off - e.g., when two semi-trailers drive side by side on interstate.  He said to give that triggering circumstance a name, then whenever you observe that sitch, choose to laugh or take a light-hearted view of it.

It's not very easy in practice, but sometimes when I find myself in traffic, rather than ask god to kill the guilty party, I say "look at that crazy ol rick daris up there" and I smile. It's great for a person's blood pressure.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »
that post wasn't exactly on topic, i just wanted to mention that rd is a great guy and wanted to credit him again for saying a smart thing.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 11:38:46 AM »

Nickname:  Weird Hugger Girl/Guy

How about the lady at work who fucks everything up and claims she followed the instructions and is like willing to bet her life on that, and is wrong every rough ridin' time.  Every.rough ridin'.Time.

Nickname:  Dumbass Lady

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »
One time, in thread similar to this one(maybe "pet peeves"), rick daris gave some outstanding advice about certain sitchs that piss you the eff off - e.g., when two semi-trailers drive side by side on interstate.  He said to give that triggering circumstance a name, then whenever you observe that sitch, choose to laugh or take a light-hearted view of it.

It's not very easy in practice, but sometimes when I find myself in traffic, rather than ask god to kill the guilty party, I say "look at that crazy ol rick daris up there" and I smile. It's great for a person's blood pressure.
bad person formation

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »

Swedish Meatballer

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »

Better friender

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »

Better friender
Upfriending

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 06:50:42 PM »
hughunter

people who seek out the unwilling and awkwardly force hugs upon them

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 07:01:34 PM »
Guy at work who has no business/work so therefore not busy so is sitting on toilet every time you go in restroom.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »
Guy at work who has no business/work so therefore not busy so is sitting on toilet every time you go in restroom.
solitaire confinement

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 08:11:56 AM »
captain crapper

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
laxidaisical

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
when two semi-trailers drive side by side on interstate. 

my mom calls this a turtle race!  :D